Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Xenoletum posted:

Or you can let the dude just buy what he likes and learn from his mistakes. I like express shirts, especially for more casual wear. I've worn other brands and they all have things that nag me about them.

No need to go and type out a novel to explain to someone why he should return the thing he likes. Do people know they can get higher end stuff? Yes. Do they care? No. Why? Because it's not Beats by Dre.

Edit: I get upset when I see my friends buying AMD chips because it has sixteen cores or whatever, when they're never going to need anything of the sort, but I don't go off on them to that degree.
They are giving him good, helpful advice in a friendly manner. Keep on making poor purchasing decisions by yourself if you want but don't think that because you don't like helpful criticism that others won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
What's wrong with the Keurig brand makers?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Bought this as a desk toy for work since we have a red tailed hawk that lives around our office and he's constantly on our balcony railing.

It's totally adorable and makes the stereotypical hawk sound when squeezed :911:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

psyopmonkey posted:

I need a link for that now please!

So hawky! :3:

Only 1 left in Stock! They also have a bunch other birds which are equally adorable!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000BLKS5A?cache=2e03f043e8453b749e2c27f13ed659b3&qid=1401883019&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Pitch posted:

I bought boring but impeccable shoes.

And now I have to return them because they're slightly too snug and Amazon doesn't sell EE width.

I have these shoes and they are awesome. Although there was one week when I first got them where they were hurting my toes, but after that they broke in and have been great since!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I really want to see her try to zip up that suit...

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Counterstrike has a collecting aspect to it now where you get various items for playing the game. A large percentage of these items are not weapons themselves but crates you can then buy a key to unlock. When you unlock a crate you have a chance to get an item from the list of items that crate has with it or.... "an exceedingly rare item" which includes knives and "stat track" weapons, which track your kills with that weapon on a little LED display on the gun.

By getting a stat-tracked knife he basically won the lottery.

Here's a screenshot of me winning some lovely AUG

I just sell the crates for whatever they're worth (anywhere from $0.03 to $4.00)

edit: Content!

Picking this up tomorrow!

SpartanIvy has a new favorite as of 03:52 on Jul 22, 2014

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Actually on the knives it's not an LED screen, it's an engraved number on the blade like so

But yes, pay real money (not just american!) and then you get a tiny slim chance of getting a fake knife that tracks your body count. Each key is $2.50 so in the previous post when that guy says hes opened 100+ crates without a knife, he's saying he's spent around $250+ for nothing. Most guns you get are available for a few cents they are so common. Nice guns go for a few bucks. Stat tracked can get kind of pricey but only AWPs and Knives get insane.

More content, bought these for CS:GO, and now I can hear EVERYTHING.

SpartanIvy has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Jul 22, 2014

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Yea I'll admit I've dropped a few bucks on it here and there, but most of that I made from selling the vast majority of the crates I've won. I mostly unlocks sticker capsules because stickers on my guns are cool, and are only $1 to open :c00l:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Action-Bastard posted:

Praying to god PSA has more of these for sale later cuz I can't spend any money this summer thanks to multiple vacations.

Is that front bipod removable?

I have no idea! I'm hoping to have time to pick it up tomorrow at which time I can get you an answer.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

beato posted:

Is it true AK47's are being snapped up like hotcakes in the US at the moment due to the import ban?

Somewhat. It's mainly Russian made AKs(which this is not, it's Romanian, and I bought it before this started) which are in higher demand, but it's no where near the scale as the 2013 AR panic buy.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
My RPK came in!
To whoever asked earlier: The bipod does come off, you have to undo a screw at the front(not hard) and then it comes off.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
murder toy gun related:

Hooray for 922(r)!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Yup. I got the parts kit a few months ago, but I'm just now getting around to ordering the rest of what I need. All that's left is a Coonan receiver and hopefully finding someone I can borrower a FAL receiver wrench from so that I don't have to drop $200 on one that I'll only use one time.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
These prices are all approximate and the parts kit varies wildly depending on what kind of deal you can find.

$350 for the parts kit
$150 for 922(r) parts
$300 for the receiver

In addition you need some specialized tools to put it together which can cost hundreds depending on what you have already. Things like a receiver wrench ($200 by itself) and various gauges.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
steelcase FMJ is around $0.50 a round right now. Unfortunately the only ranges around me only allow SP or HP, so I'll be spending more like $0.70 to $0.90 a round. :smith: Definitely not an every-trip gun, but it will still be a lot of fun and cool!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Sappo569 posted:

Nice, reminded me I needed some too, thanks

New floor mats, not excited for winter, but I read good things about Weathertech

You'll like them. I've used Weathertech mats in my last 2 cars and they rock. Really high quality products.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

DrBouvenstein posted:

Does it come with a monkey statue in 3-parts that no one can put together for the life of them?

You can only have one or the other. The choices are yours and yours alone.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Kidney Stone posted:

I wanted to try something new, so tomorrow a Xiaomi MI4, white 16GB, will be arriving.

http://www.xiaomishop.com/130-xiaomi-mi4-quad-core-16gb-64gb-smartphone.html

I had no idea they made a MIUI specific phone. I used to swear by MIUI on my Droid X. It was really full featured and polished.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Is that Spiderman? Did they kick out the human torch or what? :psyduck:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Bottom Liner posted:

Hope that's not a Saddleback

What's wrong with Saddleback? I don't own one but I was under the impression they were good.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I just bought a really expensive toothbrush
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G4DMS34/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Apparently my dental care has been lacking and my dentist recommended I pick one of these up to help out.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
That looks slick. I like it.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I bought a bunch of stuff within the last week.

Floor mats for my car. I wore a hole through the factory ones, and weathertech makes awesome stuff. I've given them so much money.

My first SSD hard drive. Just finished setting it up right now. It kind of owns.

Some goon-made soap. It's great stuff!

An upholstery knife thing. I'm attempting to reupholster a chair and I'm losing my mind using a screwdriver. A guy in one of the youtubes I watched used this thing and it looked like pretty easy going

Stuff for getting back into wet shaving since regular blades have gone up in price again and it's loving ridiculous

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I've had a bowl for years too, but I don't have a good place to put my soap so this solves that problem while looking a whole lot fancier. For $20 it was worth a try.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

prezbuluskey posted:

How much do they run?

$130ish for front mats, $80ish for back mat, $100ish for cargo mat in my experience.

Well worth the cost though.

I also bought their window rain deflectors!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

colas posted:

these look ok in regular "car" cars? I assumed only people with trucks/outdoor-ish vehicles bought these.

I've got a Kia Soul and they look great as well.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Instant Jellyfish posted:

I spent too much money on a custom shirt with my dog on it from a semi-famous dog artist because it was my birthday and they were on sale and my dog is awesome.

Also a $570 dental extraction then a couple weeks later $22 worth of clindamycin for a tooth socket infection because my awesome dog is a trainwreck. It came with a free dog tooth though (some assembly required).

$570? That's like 3 sets of car mats!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
That is going to be one fancy Settlers of Catan board.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

The G27 actually works really well with Euro Truck Sim 2's 12-speed transmissions. You just bind something convenient to a toggle and it can swap between the two sets of gears:

I can see this ending badly and a transmission exploding.

content: Bought a new magazine tube for my winchester 1897

Which now looks like this with it on:

and most importantly, it works flawlessly now :toot:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I couldn't drive my manual off the lot either. It took me about a week to get the hang of it though.

Driving is way more fun now though.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
:henget:

edit: Also pre-oredered this

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

bowmore posted:

What is it? Is it bicycle parts?

Margarita machine.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
PYF Recent Purchases: Oh goddammit. What's wrong with my shoes this time?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

mystes posted:

Does this actually act as different credit cards or is it just a normal credit card with a service that debits the account of your choice every time it's charged? If the latter, I don't see the whole point of having it be a fancy device with a screen and battery, and if the former it's going to end up turning into latter once the switchover to EMV happens in less than a year (it won't be able to copy other cards' chips).

Supposedly the first. It's kind of up in the air if it'll turn out like coin though, so I may be throwing money away. Hopefully it lives up to its promises.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Homeless Bebe posted:

custom paint job for my wifes gun.

I wish this was a real post because this owns

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
So.... girls vaginas shouldn't look like that?

Be right back getting some tests done.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Make sure you boil the water first. A few people have died from using these because of that brain eating amoeba in tap water.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I've got a brother laser printer from at least 09 and it's still amazing. I'm still on my first toner refill since buying it too, and I use it somewhat regularly. gently caress ink jets forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Guess what I'm building!