Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Got this yesterday but it still counts:

Novation Mininova Analog Modeling Synthesizer

It owns so far and I've had a lot of fun playing with it. I still haven't even heard half the drat presets because I've been tinkering around with the first half. And the vocoder is a real treat because I've never had one before.

Does it have an output to use a separate keyboard? I hate the mini keys which is a shame because a lot of these synths have some cool abilities. I had a Microkorg but got rid of it because I couldn't handle the menu diving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Jeherrin posted:

LaCie Cloudbox. I got the 3TB version.

I was so disappointed when my Lacie external 1TB started to die after only a few years. Has a hard time spinning up now so I raced to get all the info off it. The last Lacie that I bought was a 160gb back in 2002 or so and it still loving works. I have everything backed up on portables now that aren't constantly powered on or in use.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

rockcity posted:

What sort of crappy insurance do you have where they won't replace a windshield for free?

What sort of insurance doesn't require some kind of deductible?

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

HaB posted:

So I own a recording studio I affectionately like to refer to as "the large hole in the basement into which I fling money."

We have need sometimes of a decent keyboard/MIDI controller and have had this lovely $400 Roland down there forever which everyone freakin' hates because the screen is broken so you can't program it or see to switch sounds on it, and the keybed feels like it's made of the lightest, cheapest poo poo plastic you can find.

As a result of joining another cover band for fun AND a frustrating session or two fighting with the freakin Roland, I finally broke down and dropped a stupid amount of money on an 88 key Korg Kronos:

(Click for e-freakin-normous)

In spite of the ridiculous price tag - I already consider it money well spent, and I have barely scratched the surface of what the thing can do. So yay for lack of buyer's remorse?

There's nothing better than feeling 100% about an expensive musical purchase. I felt that way when I upgraded my drums a few years ago.

A band mate of mine came into our rehearsal space with a new Nord Electro 4 because he plays keys on a couple of the songs. I looked up the price on that thing, :gonk: That's some expensive gear for a few songs.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

SaltLick posted:

http://www.saintarnold.com/bb/

Missed it when it was first released but this past weekend managed to snag one of the last ones at bar that was doing a summer kick off BBQ. It was really good.

This stuff is so good. Had some random guy walking around downtown from out of town a few weeks back asking where he could find it.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

I know that some euro stations are broadcasting the World Cup in 4k.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Nothing fancy:

Gamestop has a trade-in deal for this week and gave me $100 (normally only giving $40) for my original xbox 360. I then dumped some old games and accessories for some extra credit. Probably wouldn't have bought a PS4 any time soon if it weren't for getting that trade value.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Just bought a cable modem to possibly solve some issues with my internet and stop paying Comcast to rent a lovely modem/router so they can use it as part of their wifi hotspot network.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Mister Kingdom posted:

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but make sure they don't try to charge you for your own modem. I've been with them (no other option) for about 14 years and have always provided my own modem. A couple of months ago they sent me a letter apologizing for not charging me rent for the modem.

Yeah, I've heard about those stories. I haven't hooked it up yet because I'm still trying to work out some issues with even more tech stuff I bought today. Thanks for the reminder!

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

School starts in about a week and needed a new laptop so I can go to school and work remotely. This 13" rMBP should be good until the new processors come out next year and I can buy a 15" decked out monster.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

crosshatch posted:

Got a couple new dressers so my girlfriend and I can stop living out of suitcases and dumpster furniture:

My god that is beautiful.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

I like to think that if Woot Fatigue was in poverty, he'd still post things he got great deals on or acquired through some client or networking but it would be things like sandwiches, off brand TVs and Snuggies.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

I've had that Yamaha guitar or one very close to it/same price range for probably 10 years. Great sounding guitar that's easy to play for beginners. I've lent mine to a co-worker to learn on and she likes it/wants one just like it. That reminds me, I need to get it back from her. Good luck with your new hobby.

Content: I splurged on some video game related purchases over the past week or so. Between credits, sales, trades, etc. I think I only payed full price for GTA5 and some Mario Kart DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Forwards Backwards

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I had this for the 360 and repurchased for the PS4. I never finished the 360 version but I'm enjoying the PS4 version a lot more, even though I'm still repeating stuff I've already done. Such a great game.

I had it for the PS3, beat it, got sick of the broken and boring online mode and didn't touch it for months. I decided to pick it up for the hell of it and wow, it's a whole new game with the first person mode. I'm enjoying it again.