Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I just got a lens ball.
I also ordered a stand like this for the globe. Works fine.

Here's something you can do with a lens ball like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsB_GPYbRFk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

If you don't make one video where you're juggling it like Jareth the Goblin King while wearing a very revealing leotard you've failed at life.

Oh drat, it would actually be very cool to get two more such balls and a green screen, learn juggling and then recreate this demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yJNGwIcLtw

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I have to mention my light box in this thread. I make composite images with computer graphic + photo elements, and this just makes taking a photo of an object from which the background can be easily removed a breeze.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I've had it happen more often than I care to admit that I've lost the charger to rechargable batteries. So, when I found out about USB rechargables, I ordered 18650 cells, 14500 cells, and AA cells. Also useful on a boat, where there typically is no 220 V system for a separate charger, but a USB charger, or at least a powerbank, can be found.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I ordered some custom print towels from Printful, but they didn't come with strips for hanging, so I got clip-on hanger loops like this. Way easier than sewing on strips of fabric.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I recently got a video camera, so I ordered some gear for it:

- Fill light
- UV filter
- U-grip
- Green screen
- Lightbox
- Turntable

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

I got a buckleless belt after seeing one online. It's essentially a way to add a stretch waist to pants that don't already have one; and, there's no need to constantly adjust it, like my previous belt.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Well thread, I've wanted to write about this for a while, but I wanted to really get a feel for the product before my review.

Previously, I've bought a pair of the cheapest sneakers I could find about once a year (and worn through them in the following year). This time, I decided to treat myself to a high-end pair: my choice was the 8000 Kicks hemp sneakers. My expectations were met - and exceeded!

I chose these shoes because I am a hemp lover, and completely agree with 8000's mission of bringing hemp back into the mainstream as more than a smokable. I got the Explorer V2 sneakers - here's a picture of my actual pair, after using them since Christmas:

Now, they are very comfortable - the heat regulation properties of hemp are well-documented, so I might have expected as much. I plan to use them year-round, so this is an important point, and, so far, they've successfully dealt with the Finnish winter. I expect them to handle summer just as well. They are also surprisingly lightweight.
The part where I was, despite my high hopes to begin with, pleasantly surprised was the waterproof aspect: I thought "canvas shoes surely can't be fully waterproof, right?", and I also thought I would not need this feature. Wrong on both counts. This spring has been such that there have been huge puddles on the sidewalks, which have sometimes been impossible to get around - but with these shoes, I've just waded through them, and they have not let water through!

I fully expect these shoes to easily live up to and supercede their promise of "2X the durability" - that'd mean a service life of 2 years, whereas I expect to be on the same pair for 5-10, and if something happens to them before that, I will get a new pair of the same model, that's how convinced I've become of these "Kicks". You even get a spare set of laces in the box!

Because I am completely enamored with these shoes, I became an official affiliate of 8000 Kicks, which means that all fellow goons can now get 10% any pair of shoes with the code GOONS, or by using this link. Actually, if I understood correctly, the same coupon code applies to all other products (such as backpacks) on the site, as well, but I can only personally vouch for the shoes as they're the only product I have experience with.

Just in time for 4/20 - let's have some cannabis to wear, and some cannabis to share! :420:

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Ooh does the coupon have a time limit? I was just thinking of getting American made shirts but I was also looking at eco-friendly shoes!

The coupon's valid "for now", which should turn out to be a fairly long time. I will update if it's about to expire.

Captain Duvel posted:

You have me almost sold on buying a pair. Are these viable for walking every day for work? I go through a pair probably once a year because of how much walking I do

I would say yes - I do all my walking in them.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

spookygonk posted:

Bought a posh cheese advent calendar for Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

That reminds me of this shirt I got for my girlfriend:

Shakira T Shirt Akira