Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

mobby_6kl posted:

This is kind of pre-purchase. Do most shipping services in the US drop your stuff on the porch nowadays? I want to order some stuff and have it delivered to a friend who for a month is staying at a house in Miami. But there's a good chance there won't be anyone there to receive it, and there's no mailbox (I guess there might be a slot in the door?). What they do here is either attempt the delivery again or make you go to the post office/depot and pick it up yourself. Which I don't want him to do since he's currently getting around on a loving scooter.

In general yes, most will just leave thepackage. You can look for options that require a signature or allow you to instruct them to e.g. deliver to a neighbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

H110Hawk posted:

PYF link to the aliexpress thread (I lost it.) (Please)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806076

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
There is something in US law that states if someone ships a product to you that you didn't order, legally it becomes yours and you don't have to pay for it or return it. I remember learning about it in 8th-grade civics and we had to do a project to explain how Columbia House CD club was legal (because you agree up-front to receive and pay for regular deliveries).

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

See I was hoping to do mail order, but not taking that risk without some good (trusted) reviews.

Edit: if I go to the furniture store is it wrong to test it for stain resistance or nah

Real talk, when I bought my sofa some years ago, the saleslady had a binder of swatches treated with various levels of scotchgard and she demonstrated pouring coffee on them. So, wouldn't hurt to ask.