Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Booblord Zagats posted:

Not this exact one, but my sister sells planes for a living and my brother is a licensed pilot, so the two of us and my sister in law are pitching in and buying him a used 1999 Diamond DA20 off one of my sister's clients. Mechanically and structurally it's amazing, but the upholstery is jacked and he's saying he'll want to pull out most of the avionics and go digital.

All in all though, I can't wait till he takes me flying in it

That sure is a nice loving gift. Dang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Being delivered today :woop:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Sunshine89 posted:

The Genesis is an awesome gas barbecue, and I really want one. The Summit's additional features really don't justify the huge premium.

Yea so far I'm really liking it. It went together pretty easily and it seems well engineered and sturdy. I went with the 310 because I never used the side burner on my old grill, and I didn't think I really needed the sear station from the 330.

In an effort to be a little more organized, today I purchased a padfolio type thing for work

An astronaut pen and fine point refill for it

A meat thermometer for my new grill

And some ant meth to make all those fuckers die

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Sunshine89 posted:

Did you get the E-310 or the EP-310/S-310? The avid grillers I know prefer the stainless steel grills on the EP and S models over the porcelain-enamel ones, but apparently Weber sells these separately. They also swear by Weber for gas barbecues, and I have never seen a bad review for the Genesis.

I got the E-310, I didn't know there was a EP-310. I was considering a stainless model but I didn't think it was worth the extra $150 and I had read some complaints about cheaping out on the stainless material or something.

I can always replace the grates later if I need to but I imagine I'll be good for quite some time :)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Tindjin posted:

I love my Fisher pens and thought I would really like that one (as a "classy" alternative) but I ended up giving it away as I couldn't write comfortably due to how small the grip area is. Hope you like it.

You're right it's very small. Thankfully I have small enough hands that it's doable.

I've been annoying my coworkers with it this morning. "Just so you know if I happened to end up in space THIS PEN WOULD STILL WORK"

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Having fond memories of these as a kid, I bought a pack of 40 for my son (yea right totally me) to play with

Mondo Bloxx 40 Pack Brick Block Set (12x6x3)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Lilleput posted:

Two Sonos Play:1

Do these require a sonos bridge to connect to? I love the idea of sonos, but can't quite justify the price tag.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I bought a used powerwheels for my son's 3rd b-day (and a new battery and battery tender). I am A Good Dad™

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

rockcity posted:

I just had this same problem not even a week ago when my pull cord broke and the process did not go without angrily whipping the spring across the garage at least once.

I kicked my leaf blower with my heel and it hurt for a week afterwards. It's still not fixed

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Scarf posted:

Link, now. Please.

http://www.amazon.com/Original-BOTT...words=bottlefly

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I bought 2 mugs in support of a particularly good youtube series I enjoy a whole lot.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

M42 posted:

(click)

Refurb 3+ black on ebay for $270.

Dangit, this is a good deal. And me without enough discretionary dollars :(

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
My blender base started leaking and I wanted to get one that allows me to blend right in the travel container thing, so I bought this despite the iffy things I heard about ninja's in general. I figure it should be fine just making 1-2 smoothies each day. If it dies in a couple of years I'll buy a vitamix or something.

Not sure how much I paid for it yet, my friend works at Kohl's and was going to work her employee discount magic on it, I'm thinking around $120 or so is what it will finally cost.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Bottom Liner posted:

I haven't heard any annecdotal bad reviews from friends with them, so we bought a Ninja system as well. What have you heard?

Breaking blades, plastic gears, poor warranty support. The usual. I don't think I'll be too hard on it so it should at least last a while, I hope.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Thanks thread for making me spend $200 on floormats

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

TraderStav posted:

This is really hard to justify when I paid $5k for my 2002 Accord 3 years ago. 4% of paid value on floor mats, probably 5-6% with it's value now. They do look awesome though.

I'm cheap but I justified it to myself that we bought our first ever new car, and we have two kids. It should probably be mandatory. I was tempted to get the trunk liner too, but we'll save that for another time.

On the bright side you could probably resell your weathertech mats when you get another car.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Can we go back to talking about floormats please?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Gopro Hero 3+ Black (Refurb) for $280

Now, what accessories to buy?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Etrips posted:

Hmmm is this a good price for what you get? Been meaning to look into researching to get a gopro for my wife for her trail rides.

Yea if you're looking for a gopro brand action camera it's a very good price for last year's best model. Their refurbished has same warranty as new, which is also nice. The remote is very handy and it's worth about $70 itself to get it separately.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Some accessories for aforementioned gopro. If the first ones are kinda lovely I'll probably just get the legit chest/head mounts later.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Gun/Bike/Coffee/Photography joke

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
2x to give to my sister and my parents because it's pretty much the best movie and I feel sad for those that have not yet seen it.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I'd love to see Deftones in person. I wish they would tour with Tool so they could do a live version of "Passenger". And then you know, I could see Tool, too.

Anywho, my wireless headphones that I brought to the office have a weird housing on the 3.5mm plug end that does not seat properly in my speaker's headphone jack. So I got a splitter/extender thing.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

ChocNitty posted:

more geeky watches.

Man I want that ironman. I have the "new" ironman in that color combo, I remember my dad and uncles having them and thinking they were the coolest things ever. My wife makes fun of my watch but I like it :(

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I went on a large amazon spree, grouped for your pleasure.

Watchin' - Son hasn't seen the Shrek movies, all 4 on sale for $20 yesterday

Swimmin' - Inflatable pool BS

Campin' - Coleman 10x14

Householdin' - Slow closing toilet seat, fancy programmable thermostat

Not pictured: Stump remover, lawn mower tire, USB drive, car door handle

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

App13 posted:

The explody kind or the grindy kind

The much more boring rotting kind (How to)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I bought some things for my old PC so I can hook it up to my TV.

I hope this thing works. People like to have a bit more range nowadays

So I can see what kind of boring poo poo I have on old IDE HDDs

^^Pro buy. :drat:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it works great. i have one for my ps4 and love it, especially for the price.

My PC is in my basement on a server rack where my receiver and junk is. So it's probably 25' or so and through one floor. I guess if it doesn't work "long rear end USB extension cable" will be my next purchase.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah that might be a stretch for the range.

On second thought I canceled it. I'm sure I can find a decent wifi control app for my iPad

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

El Duderino posted:

Yeah I loved mine, the trackpad and mouse buttons all worked great but my escape key did have some issues after about 6 months. Whenever I press the button it gets stuck and I have to pry something thin under to lift it back up. When I remove the key I can't seem to find anything wrong with either the bottom of the button or the little nub area it fits inside... Also really wished the mouse cursor worked with my Samsung Smart TV, oh well. For the price, this thing was awesome for when I had a htpc in the living room

I kinda scrapped the whole idea now. It was mis-reported/mis-communicated this week that anyone signed up for windows insider and was beta testing windows 10 would then get to "keep" it. It's true, but you have to have a machine that has a valid windows license first, and regardless of whether or not your a windows insider, if you have Windows 7 or 8, you get a free upgrade anyway. I transfered my retail windows 8 code to my new PC when I built it so my old computer no longer has a windows code.

So looks like I can either run ubuntu or something, or pony up ~$100 for another windows license :(

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

x2 So many kid's toys

Because I lost my last one kayaking. This one comes with a wrist strap, thanks for not including one last time, gopro.

Not all my shorts have pockets and walking and holding my smartphone? Tut tut.

*prepares for outrage over boots* These are for when I do projects around the house.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

I bought a new chromecast because I wanted to get another one for the house anyway.

I'm interested in the chromecast audio as well, but I'm not going to get one or more until they can sync together like a sonos "zoned" setup.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I bought a super large mouse pad last week, I really like it. I may get one for work.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

62+GB download on my lovely 1.5Mbps DSL - Horray!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

dreesemonkey posted:

62+GB download on my lovely 1.5Mbps DSL - Horray!

Hey forums user dreesemonkey, how goes your download?

:negative: It keeps timing out and I manually have to restart the download.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

DrBouvenstein posted:

LogiTech Harmory 650. It's a model from a year or two ago, but it's a lot cheaper than whatever the newer version is, and has as much functionality as I need.

I bought a refurb one a few years ago and it's great. Fairly battery hungry, but I have rechargeables so it's not a big deal. Once you get the battery low indicator there is really no wiggle room, it's more of a "Batteries dead - get off your rear end and change them" indicator.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I bought some really flattering "don't hit me with a car" gear so I can walk in the evenings.

(blinky light things)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Geoj posted:

If you don't have sidewalks where you live and don't want to be turned into roadkill while walking/jogging/running on the road this is actually a good idea.

Bingo. I live in the country so no sidewalks. The road is narrow and hilly so there isn't much space to get off the road for traffic.

Thankfully, since it's a rural area I was only passed by one car last night on my 2 mile walk.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I know it's probably mediocre at best, but I mean come on, $35 (7" Kindle Fire)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Amazon had them as a thanksgiving/black friday deal. I imagine they sold probably 14 billion.