Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

That stem had better be flipped over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I also bought bike brakes. Birthday present to myself.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 21:06 on May 18, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Quote is not edit.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

lookslikerain posted:

Cannondale Hooligan 1, I find its ugliness endearing. It's a lot of fun though kind of harsh ride.

I want this. I have a super murdered out race bike but dear god do I want this, just to put the weirdest components on.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 00:49 on Jun 5, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

As a record geek and a fan of Welcome to Night Vale (not a tumblr-crazy, Cecil-shipping fan) I couldn't resist buying this sweet shirt.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

Good! Sorry if I was hostile, I see that poo poo all the time and it bugs the hell out of me.

For content, tickets to see this:

That tag line can't be real. Tell me it's not real.

:negative:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

NotAnArtist posted:

As a poster on a forums board I do find love to be icky, and sick

It's not that. I enjoy a good love story. I probably won't go see this movie, in all fairness. But that's a seriously ham-handed tagline.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Fooley posted:

Tire cover for my dad for Father's Day. He's a huge Army fan and prefers this over their current logo.

And for me because I'm I love plastic Japanese crack:

HLJ has the last one for $5, which is a ridiculous price for something usually ~$35 (and other figures in the line are usually $50-80).

I will fully admit to not knowing what that last figure is, but it's the most :kamina: thing. In an awesome way.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

NotAnArtist posted:

Love me some varvatos

Weapons?

Nice. I've got very similar JV ones - the tongue and sides aren't perforated and the tongue has a little more black on it.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Meatwave posted:

Hahaha. Dear lord, I see it now.

Ha ha! I'll always love you, creator.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Fly with me posted:

You should pick up Lego City Undercover.
It's the GTA clone you never knew you always wanted.

As for my recent purchases, I picked up Octodad in the Steam sale.
Been waiting for a sale to buy it.

Octodad is an absolute triumph. You have chosen well.

For content's sake: I bought the new Chromeo record and it is 100 percent as hilariously good as I expected.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

demoneyespaul posted:

Pre-ordered the Homeworld Remastered Collectors Edition:

WAIT WHAT

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN

Oh my god. Freaking out.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

leidend posted:

Return it and just move next to a trail that goes up 2,800 feet at a 30% incline like I did. Geez, this is like common sense bro

Grouse grind yesssss.

CONTENT: Very, very much against my better financial judgement, I just purchased this glorious thing. Fuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for days - it's a hot-rodded silicon based version of the Hoof fuzz, which is basically like a Big Muff but meaner and with more low end. This one adds even more gain and a much wider sweep of all the pots for a bigger range of tasty sounds. The one I got is gold graphics on silver (it's the 2nd run of the pedal as opposed to the purple being the first run) and only 50 were made. Here's to being irresponsible.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Jul 1, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Xenoletum posted:

I thoroughly expect you to trash anything that is post Gabriel. :colbert:

I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

CancerCakes posted:

Munchkin is a bad game.

Recently I bought love letter, resistance and panic on wall street. These are all really good games.

Munchkin is bad.

Take it to the board games thread, yo.

(Full disclosure: I think Munchkin is not my bag also, and really want to try Love Letter)

Soon I will buy Quantum and post it here, that game is freaking amazing and I need it.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Metos posted:

The first 6-7 levels are fun, then as soon as anyone's at 8 or above it becomes a boring repetitive clusterfuck of 'has anyone drawn cards that can stop me winning? Yep, they have, ok, your turn' until finally someone doesn't have the cards to stop someone. That part generally lasts an extra entire hour.

This is so utterly correct in my experience.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Follow up post: my Cloven Hoof pedal arrived. I'm gonna make my neighbors hate me. It's so good. They're going to be making it in a non limited edition soon, anyone who likes guitar fuzz should take a look - with lots of the Fuzz knob and the tone on the trebly side it gets nasty and weird and artifact-y. On the low side of the dial it's very practical too.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

ten_twentyfour posted:

It's not a boat shoe it's a driving moccasin. I already have boat shoes.

With all due respect, I think this would make an awesome thread title.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Valar Morghulis posted:

Traded in my old console + all old games for this:

And pre-ordered these:

If new Assassin's Creed doesn't let you perform a gloriously patriotic assassination with a flag I will be very dismayed.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Preordered the upgrade on Steam. Already have it on PS3 but PC master race.

It'll be outdated when Capcom does their balance patches but they're always fun to look through.

I love Street Fighter, but why would you buy a Prima guide for it? I mean.. SRK is a thing that exists.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

This Japanese game called Ni No Kuni. It looks like I am watching a Miyazaki animation, not playing a video game.

Should be pretty sweet.

This rocks, you rock.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Jubeat is awesome, I cannot believe that you are going to BUILD a Jubeat machine, how is that even going to work?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

spog posted:

Am I understanding this right: the game play is that when a button lights up, you press it?

In very broad terms, yes. But there are timing/accuracy ratings like in DDR. It's basically a hardcore version of Elite Beat Agents. There's also Pop N Music which has... less flashy stuff, but equal amounts of hitting things when they light up.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 00:19 on Aug 1, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Yessssss.

It's good. Maybe not Scott Pilgrim good (there's so much more you can do with the space of multiple volumes rather than a single book) but it's good.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

New bike helmet 'cause my old one is cracked a bit in the foam skeleton - not good for the whole saving your brains thing. KASK Mojito! This has to be the best fitting helmet I've ever tried - they have a more expensive and flashier model, the Vertigo, but it's not as comfortable to me. You can't see it in the photo but the back-of-head cradle bit is amazingly well designed, it swings up or down on a pivot for extra support and stability. You know how your skull has a little nub in the back? The occipital bone, I think? You can adjust the cradle to sit right below the nub for maximum grab.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Aug 12, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Scarf posted:

Moldy Crow or :frogout:

Quoted for Goddamn truth. Errant Venture would have also been entirely acceptable.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

Isn't the Errant Venture a loving Star Destroyer?

Yeah but I'm speaking generally about awesome ships, I guess. I don't play the minis game.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Astrobastard posted:

8 of these

8 of these

1 of these

It's Diablo time

I am having a hard/hilarious time believing that "Rince Cochon" is a real beer brand name. However it's a Belgian strong ale so I'm 100 percent OK with it.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

These are really hard to find on the web as they're mostly sold out, but I got one at Play-Asia.

It's an Akishop PS360+, which is a board that allows you to connect an Xbox fighting games controller to almost any other kind of console at a whim. This is very useful if you go to tournaments (which I don't, really) or if you have a large library of games that you like using arcade controls for on different platforms (which I absolutely do.)

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

$25 at a thrift store, in non-working condition. It's taken me a day to clean (OH GOD THE DIRT - It looked like it hadn't seen the end of a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol since manufacturing date in the late 60s...) fix and get running, and now I'm recording to tape like a boss. I just need to hit the gain pots with some Deoxit, and I might modify the 1/4in mic inputs to XLR ones for convenience.

Bonus: mono recordings of 80s country songs that were left over on the tape.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 17:35 on Aug 21, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Question: What will you ultimately use it for?

Question 2: Is your name based on Tech N9ne's label?

Ultimately, I'm going to track guitars on it probably and maybe vocals if it's clean enough. The timing is basically awesome, as I'm just about to do some recording for a band I've been chatting with, and they are fond of the lo-fi feel. I do stereo mics for acoustic and always 2 mic setups for electric, so it's perfect as it can only do 2 inputs at once. I can also use it to print submixes or stems to the tape and then back to Pro Tools for that sweet magnetic flavour.

As for the second question: no. I just kind of came up with it. Strangemusic used to be my twitter handle (since abandoned) - I have so many follows/RTs in the rap community it's not even funny.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 17:42 on Aug 21, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

They're banned from pretty much every tournament because of the macro function, and I've had more than one friend burn out a USB port from using it. Not for me.

Relevant link:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/cronus-adapter-banned-from-all-big-e-gaming-events.40538/

There was a pretty big blowup among the FGC about it. Frankly there are no good next gen fighters yet (oh snap, KI opinions exposed) and there won't be hypothetically until Guilty Gear XRD is released, so my level of concern is not terribly high.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

lookslikerain posted:

Voigtlander 35mm 1.4 for my M6. A Summilux for poor people.

This deserves a high five.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

:getin:

That's hilarious though!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Tzen posted:

My body is ready for Fall/Winter,

I see that "all fluoro everything" is still a thing... though personally not my thing. That helmet is rad through. You should get the Giro Empire black/fluo green to match, it's the best Goddamn shoe ever.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Tzen posted:

This is my first dip into fluoro gear, the majority of my gear is either straight black or white. I think I'll just stick with these 2 items for now. And goddamn do those Empires look amazing.

In the spirit of complete fairness, this is my new club kit:

(click for hueg)

Celeste + camo = fun times.

It's... pretty loud.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 22:36 on Sep 3, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Useless posted:

While I can totally understand the safety aspect of it, every time I see most pro/semi-pro biking gear all I can hear is the 90's having a dirty style orgasm.

You're gonna love this:

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 03:10 on Sep 4, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I, uhh....

:frogon:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

nocal posted:

Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh, my God.

You obviously haven't visited the Ask Us About Fountain Pens thread.

Also: that's bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Rumda posted:

Board Games!

Tash-Kalar is the shizz, you have done well. As for why you didn't pick Coup over Avalon... hmm.