Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Vovo posted:

A book about software testing, I need it for a class I'm taking.

Please just remember Tmap is a methodology that will give you many things but as soon as you run into a project saying "we are fully Tmap compliant" you should run like the wind. The best part is that at least everyone will be talking about the same thing when a "Testcase" is discussed.

No method can make up for incompetence but with testing and Tmap it is worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Gag Reflex posted:

Happy birthday to me

Marry me.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I bought two more old collections from people for really low prices. These pictures come from the ad site, cant seem to get bigger ones.

All in all some 4500 more cards

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Three month gym membership, running is not good for me.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

NotAnArtist posted:

Try the upright bike, chief. Not to do the whole cardio vs. cardio derail but I find my knees hurt a whole lot less after half an hour's worth of bike work.

Scarf posted:

If your gym has a pool... get in it!

It is a very basic, small gym so no pool. There is a gym a bit further away with a pool at twice the cost. For now this one is fine and I start out with a fast 1 Km on the treadmill before strength workout and drive my bicycle to the train station on most days.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Kidney Stone posted:

All this for the low price of $150

:aaaaa:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

McSpergin posted:

Sweet purchase on the de buyer gear.
I've had mine about 12 months and it is awesome! 32cm and 20cm pans cast iron because non stick is for scrubs

This is steel, and not cast iron. There is a huge difference in how well you can fend of attackers drop the pan.
http://www.debuyer.com/product.php?id=778&cat=63&background=orange3&start=2

But yeah, pretty goddamn awesome, I have a 32cm steel pan from Inno cuisonno and it a heavy fucker that nobody but me can use. This is also the reason I have it, a friend of my mother wasn't using it and it was rathering rust and dust in her basement.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

C-Euro posted:

(because every kept giving me their old ones and they all sucked)

Isn't that kind of the point?

beato posted:

How big are your wife's feet? :monocle:

How small are his?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Bought a Kobo Glo for the gf, she loves it and I cannot come near to it anymore so I will have to buy one for myself.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Keetron posted:

Bought a Kobo Glo for the gf, she loves it and I cannot come near to it anymore so I will have to buy one for myself.

And a cover/case for it.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Hellbeard posted:

First impression of the Alvin Pro-Matic MC5
Feels great! All metal, machined brass barrel. Heavy and well balanced. Some cosmetic QC issues but overall very nice. Seems more well made than the Rotring-600.
The mechanism is cool with the four-jaw vise.

I kind of stopped counting, but how many pencils/pens did you buy over the last few weeks? Do you run a blog or something?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Notable shopping from the last week:

New tires for the car, some generic Pirelli stuff. Today I had to buy a fifth because this weekend my girlfriend managed to rupture the sidewall on a brand new tire when bumping into a weird curbstone which was lined with steel. I told her to be happy to ruin a three day old tire as we can replace it as a single tire instead of at least 2 which would have been the case with half worn tires.

A Kobo Aura for my 13yo daughter, she reads about a book a day at the moment and I told her to go to the library or she could start buying her own. At least ebooks are cheaper than dead trees, at least lighter to carry around. She will be repaying me the Kobo in €10 monthly payments over the next year, I wonder if the thing lasts that long. I am a horrible father trying to instill some financial wisdom into his kids.

A couple of really cheap (€1~2) fountain pens, mostly triggered because the pen/pencil chat made me ebay and I found these for no shipping costs coming from China. Secretly I hope they use nice stamps. I bet they are utter crap compared to the Waterman and Rotring or even Parker I am used to who knows, I might be surprised.

Edit! Last week I bought a new side window for my car, some rear end in a top hat hobo wanted to get arrested so he could sleep in a cell so he smashed the right hand window of the car with a brick. At least insurance covered this...

This image is not set up, I seriously found my car like this after the police called me when they locked the guy up.

Keetron has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Sep 22, 2014

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Kobo Aura HD, for me!

Really sweet Gecko cover, for the Kobo.

To bad the software from Kobo sucks so much that I have to go with calibre which is not up to date on the firmware yet. Why do vendors try to lock all their stuff down so badly? (I know the answer, still dont like it)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Super duper trekking shoes for when I walk all day in an urban environment. The great outdoors is for other people.
It is Yak leather and the sole is vulcanized on the shoe instead of glued to it. Best shoes I bought in a long time.

Ecco XPEDITION III MEN

Keetron has a new favorite as of 14:28 on Nov 27, 2014

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Now I can cook everything in lard.

also:

The part with the high front including garage. Housing is expensive over here and we got ourselves a bargain.

Shitload of stuff for the house, highlight:

What can I say, my wife is into IKEA, I am into Bosch. We also got fiber installed, no picture, sorry.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

spog posted:

What's with all the window shutters? Are you worried the British will attack?

It is typical for his area, South of Netherlands / Belgium. I think they are afraid of robbers? Never understood it myself.

Palpatine MD posted:

This house is cool and good. Congrats! It's cheating what with the yellow licence plates in the picture, but that architecture screams you're in the Netherlands, right?

I also bought a house recently. It was a good move because in the week we signed the new mortgage and sold our apartment we found out we have a baby on the way. It's been a few months and we're fully settled in.

My house is in Amstelveen. :-)

Grats on the house and the babies. As above, I guess you are in Limburg. The 077 in the phone# says you are in North side of Limburg indeed.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

finally caved and ordered a new laptop from Costco's website, seemed like really good bang for the buck, and Costco has good return/warranty policies.

Lenovo Y50 4K Ultra HD Touchscreen

code:
Processor & Memory:

Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ Processor at 2.4GHz
    16GB DDR3L RAM

Operating System:  

Microsoft® Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Drives:   

256GB Solid State Drive
    External DVD-RW (Writes to DVD/CD)

Graphics & Video:   

15.6" Touchscreen LED-backlit 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) Display
    2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M Graphics

Communications:

Wireless-AC WLAN + Bluetooth® 4.0
    100/1000 Ethernet
    Integrated 720p HD Webcam + dual digital array microphone

Audio:   

2x 2W JBL® speakers + 3W subwoofer
    Dolby® Advanced V2 Audio Processing

Keyboard:

AccuType Backlit Keyboard with Numeric Keypad

I/O Ports & Slots:

2x USB 3.0
    1x USB 2.0
    1x 4-in-1 card reader
    1x Combination Headphone/Microphone Jack
    1x HDMI
    1x RJ45

Battery:   

4-cell (Up to 4-hour) Battery

Additional Information:

Dimensions: 15.34" W x 10.37" D x 0.94" H
    Approximate Weight: 5.9lbs
My current laptop is slow as poo poo :corsair:

How much does this cost these days? I bought my last i7 computer 5 years back and it set me back 1400

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Suddenly I bought a piano.

photo with my kid, who also suddenly loves to play. He needs lessons:

It is a Yamaha CLP-320 bought new 3 years back by the previous owner who then proceeded to literally never play it. It was now half price to me for a low 400 bucks.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Rickycat posted:

Nice! Mine's a Yamaha YDP-162 and I've been in absolute love with it since getting it a year or two back. I took way too long of a hiatus and became rusty but I'm back to practicing every day.

Didn't play for 25 years, so yeah.... I pretend it is for my kids as well.
Now to fill my dream of playing blues. Stupid how you can have a dream like that for 30 years and never act on it. I must be nearing my midlife crisis.

Oneiros posted:

It's an itty bitty piano :3:. I didn't even know they made tiny pianos (beyond travel / electronic types).
It is an electric but it is so good, it plays like a conventional one.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

MaliciousOnion posted:

I'm not much of a colourist but when I saw this I had no choice.

The full image

I stumbled upon these and needed to have them

Also bought this second hand:

And finally, a year pass for the whole family to the zoo

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Drogadon posted:

I was planning to get a new TV but feel in love with this sexy thing and got it instead

Gretsch G5440LS

Throw out your old TV and play when you seek entertainment. Cutting the (TV) cable was the best thing I ever did in life.
Of course, now we have youtube, but at least I am no longer watching commercial interrupted garbage anymore.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

kinmik posted:

What enchanted zoo is that and can I be a part of your family?

It is Artis in Amsterdam and for those jealous, I paid 200 Euro total for the passes because a one time visit with the six of us would accumulate to 100 euro. Going twice is already breaking even.
That said, there is place for one more as I need to buy a 7 seater car anyway (6 seaters are rare over here). Stupid screwed up car market will have me pay 10K for a mini-van / MPV type of car that has a 100K km and is 6 years old.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Echeveria posted:

I was just in Amsterdam and went to the Artis. While beautiful, the enclosures are a bit too small and it made me and my husband sad.

Pick posted:

I went to Artis, it was good and very pretty but I laughed at what a beautiful enclosure you made for raccoons.

The zoo was founded in 1838 and since the first time I went there and now, many really small enclosures have been either removed, repurposed or enlarged. One of the mayor future plans is to give the parking lot to the elephants for example. No clue where I will have to park so I'll prolly travel in by bus.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

A Kpro posted:

Bonus points if one parent is British and one is from another country so you can claim two citizenship's on top of the country you're born in.

Not every country offers citizenship if you are born there.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I love this thread, just because it is nice to see people buy things they believe will enrich their lives and the silly bickering about pixels, knives, guns, shoes and just about everything else.

I also hate this thread, it makes me want things I do not need.

My bonus arrived this month.

For me as I did not yet have a Lamy in my collection of usage pens:

For my younger daughter who had some really small wooden Lamy:

For my older daughter who ran out of ink some Turquose, for my younger blackblue:

And for each of us a converter so we could get some truly rad ink:

I went a bit overboard and got me the full set of 8 inks of the anniversary so they would make a nice circle... Online so if I change my mind I can send them back... right?

One for each of my daughters.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

flosofl posted:

Just make sure those aren't pigmented inks. Unless you're using a dip pen, pigmented inks can clog up a fountain pen. It doesn't ruin the pen or anything, but it can be a hassle to clean. Most reservoir pens work best with dyed ink.

I checked and Diamine is sold specifically as fountainpenink, but I dived into the internets.

http://www.marcuslink.com/pens/ink/diamine.htm

Seems they know what they are doing, heralded as realy frigging good colored ink which is funny as it is the cheapest per ml we could find that was specifically for fountainpens.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Keetron posted:

I love this thread, just because it is nice to see people buy things they believe will enrich their lives and the silly bickering about pixels, knives, guns, shoes and just about everything else.

I also hate this thread, it makes me want things I do not need.

My bonus arrived this month.

For me as I did not yet have a Lamy in my collection of usage pens:

For my younger daughter who had some really small wooden Lamy:

For my older daughter who ran out of ink some Turquose, for my younger blackblue:

And for each of us a converter so we could get some truly rad ink:

I went a bit overboard and got me the full set of 8 inks of the anniversary so they would make a nice circle... Online so if I change my mind I can send them back... right?

One for each of my daughters.

And then they went and were awesome by sending it to me like this:

So I did the only reasonable thing and bought another pen and some paper.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Not only am I fat, I want to know how fat exactly.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Lascivious Sloth posted:

The irony is that only a lazy fat person would buy a BMI calculator feature on a scale, as though it's hard to use a calculator online knowing your height.

Would the fact that I am lazy have something to do with that I am fat?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

You know what is bad? Buying three bottles of Scotch and not being able to remember what the third one was. It is at home, will check later tonight.

My father in law passed away this Tuesday at 4am, bought some plain black shirts because that is what I will be wearing for a month.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

NotAnArtist posted:

I am sorry that you bought the highland 12, but condolences for your loss

It made friends with the 18 and 25 on the shelve, don't worry for it.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Found it!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Bought Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3, both GOTY editions on steam while they were on sale.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Spamtheman posted:

The brisket is actually quite cheap. You'd pay around $45 per Kg for rib eye or one of the other prime cuts but the brisket is around $10 per Kg. Traditional cooking methods for brisket would not take advantage of the benefits of wagyu beef in the first place so I imagine they don't sell much of it. It'll go for 72 hours at 54 °C. It's already booked for our steak, whiskey and cigar night and this time everyone is brining partners so that has to feed about 15 people.

That is a superbly bad typo in context.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

blarzgh posted:

You and your luggage weigh 50lbs total?!

:downsrim:

I had a friend with a fat wife and he just replaced the rear shock.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

beefnoodle posted:

New Tshirt.

They had a bad experience when their flight was rerouted through Seattle?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Tickets to see this movie with my dad:

My daughter needs this for school and she wants to learn programming:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Here is a big dump showing my last few months of purchases that are worth mentioning.

lovely Epson to replace the lovely hp which wouldn't feed paper anymore after 5 years.

To kill my liver and brain:

For my daughter, I might already have posted this?

For me and whoever in the house wants one:

For my son, he is 4 years old and loves pink and shiny stuff. He picked a gold ball.

At these times I am happy we live in a community where nobody really cares about gender roles.

For my mom's laptop until we can send it back to get the wifi repaired.

If you dont use your dvd drive a lot, they die on you. Good thing they are like :10bux:

I lended out my xbox to a friend who wanted to try Skyrim and it gave me an itch to play:

After that it was required to get an upgraded gfx card, the GTX650 which did it's best for three years just could not cope.

15 of these, they are discontinued and it is the only inexpensive shampoo not giving me a rash:

pianobooks, for me and my daughter

Also I got an engagement ring and then got engaged but I am not showing the ring because it is to personal. Consider me weird.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

First paper book I bought in a while. It is recommended leafing material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Some reading

More piano books.

I did not yet have enough pens.