Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

HeySka posted:

https://www.lotusgrill.com.au/

Picked up the Lotusgrill last night at a local shop in Nuremberg. We saw this over the weekend and did some research. We needed a new, portable grill and I was thoroughly impressed with the small amount of charcoal that is needed to cook for over an hour. The design is perfect and the color was great for the retro look we are going for on our balcony. It also helps that this grill doesn't warm up on the exterior which makes it perfect for patio grilling.

We also have this grill, it's pretty drat nice honestly. Just have to think about having spare batteries around :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

prinneh posted:

So cool! So Jealous!

Judging from your new and extremely good looking skipants, you're not on a budget, which is good, because Switzerland is expensive! Zermatt is great, you can cross over from there into Cervinio, Italy, which is cheaper and a great skiing distination too. I normally ski there, but only because I can't afford Zermatt :)

If you're only there for a couple of days of beginner skiing, I'd suggest sticking to the blue slopes, because the reds in Zermatt could be a little daunting for beginners. Also, if you're not there with somone who knows how to ski and is willing to teach you, join a skischool or get a private tutor - It's worth it! Another tip to get more out of your trip would be to go skiing at a smaller place before you go on your two day holiday. Most people will spend the first day or so on their asses, but once you stop falling down it really takes off and Zermatt is a just beautiful place to ski around.

Will you be near the train that takes you up to the slopes? I've always wanted to ride it, but it's not really a part of the Skipass I normally get :(

Last thing. On the first day the weather permits it, we normally cross the border from Italy and ski down into Zermatt. Why do we do this? We say we do it for the views, but mostly we do it to have a large beer and THE Alpen-lunch: rösti mit speck und spiegelei. That also comes with cheese, if you please. Whatever you do, eat this.

Good luck on your skiing, it's the best sport in the world and your view of the Matterhorn (aka Toblerone Mountain!) is glorious.

Edit: Decided I wanted to illustrate my post with some pictures!

Matterhorn from half the Italien side and half the Swiss side:

Daunting views of Zermatt town from a red near the top. I'm afraid of heights, so despite 20 years of skiing, this place always freaks me out a little:

Looks awful, but it's *just* what you need:

Jesus you made me hungry for "Croûte au fromage" in french, which is also a nice cheese dish to eat in the mountains. At least winter is coming so we'll have a great excuse to eat lots of fondue and raclette and croûte au fromage and getting obese. :D Glad you guys like Switzerland, it's a great place to visit if you can afford it.

Content:

Just released in Switzerland

To watch item above

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Mu Zeta posted:

I haven't heard of any of those movies. Netflix sounds like a scam over there.

I just picked a picture randomly. The catalog is missing a lot of stuff currently but I can just use the US one quite easily.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

SaltLick posted:

I remember seeing YNAB on sale on steam and I regret not getting it. Argh.

Same... oh well, does it go on sale sometimes?

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Xenoletum posted:

It's still giving money to the loving oatmeal which is like, only marginally better than giving money to Megatokyo or some poo poo.

What's wrong with the Oatmeal? I find his comics funny and he does not seem to be a jerk.