Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bape Culture posted:

Nope, I wanted Khumo V70As or R888s but got talking to a mate with a 36M today who's been running Federal RSRs and loving em. Found a set for literally half the price of the aforementioned tyres so thought gently caress it I'll give em a go. And being even cheaper than Conti M3s I can't see me being disappointed in grip levels.

'sup new tire buddy!

4x 195/50/R15 (not my photo)
:getin:

Now I can't slide in the dry at reasonable speeds like I could on PO's ancient, rock-hard Bridgestones :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

big mean giraffe posted:

I usually get the giant fuckoff pack from Sam's club, it lasts my girlfriend and I over a month and it's good poo poo.

What? I'm pretty sure one roll lasts me a month :stare: I get that with a woman the usage would be higher but...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FredLordofCheese posted:

We just had 24 hour slow cooked pork shoulder yesterday and it was jaw droppingly good. We made 10 lbs and shared with friends.
http://www.nomiku.com/

What does this thing do that my aquarium heater wouldn't?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, some bizarre special edition of the mk2.5 Clio.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Aphrodite posted:

Their latest mice are huge.

The LEDs in the new K70 are a completely new design.

Only 7 failures in 8 months is low, by the way. The old K70s have terrible LEDs.

Holy poo poo, making LEDs so unreliable is actually pretty impressive on its own!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Went on a bit of a bender aka 2nd annual US vacation! :signings:

As much as I like this as well, gonna sell it for nice profit here

actually polarized... in both 55 and 58mm as I can't decide which ones I prefer :mad:

A couple of these

The three pairs I got last year are too big now :(

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

beanieson posted:

Where would one purchase such a fine shoe?

For content I just bought a blutooth transmitter for my tv so I can listen at a reasonable volume while on my spin bike/rowing machine (& not wake my toddler)

It's the Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison boot, you could probably buy them at many places but Amazon and ebay often have some good deals, which is how I got mine.

Also forgot about this thing (64gb black version):

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 23:34 on Nov 5, 2014

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

yellowD posted:

This stuff is very good.

That's what I heard but we shall see... it's not normally available locally which is why I had to smuggle it in :)

Hellbeard posted:

Only for those who NEVER SETTLE!
If you settle on things you should probably not buy phones anyway imo.

Yeah that's pretty silly but it is a phone comparable to the S5 or just a bit down on specs from the Nexus 6 at about half the price. Keeping that in mind, I'm more than happy to settle for what few downsides it has, like not having an sd slot or supporting redneck LTE.

Sappo569 posted:

I sure hope so... considering the price! And I only got the two front mats, couldn't justify $250 for something no one ever uses in the back seats

Holy poo poo, do they give foot massages at that price or what?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Geoj posted:

It has the same effect as Rain-X but instead of getting a week or two out of a single application you get several months between applications. In my experience you can do the front glass (windshield, driver/passenger windows and mirrors) with two applicators on something that isn't a land barge. Its more expensive and harder to find than rain-x but well worth the effort. If you buy in bulk on Amazon they're less than $5 per applicator.

I didn't get to apply mine yet but that's what I heard pretty much. I don't have any experience with Rain-X as it's not widely available here, which is why I had to import this in the first place. Also the applicators being pretty compact helped too, as I didn't want to carry multiple bottles in the luggage.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ragequit posted:

My stud finder is garbage. Let us know if this was a solid purchase for you.

Yeah mine sucks too, it just beeps whenever I pick it up.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
$2k would buy a decent amount of coke. I think I'd rather do that instead.

That's if it's 30€ per bottle or whatever. If it's 30€ for a case of 24 then that's barely more expensive than regular beer, if at all (in Belgium).

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Glottis posted:

man, if it didn't have the deer sex I'd buy that for my brother in a second.

You can get the Slayer one instead then, no gay deer loving there:

http://slayer.backstreetmerch.com/jumpers/pentagrams-skulls-xmas-jumper

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vastarien posted:

Brand new Sigma 30mm f/1.4 for $200? gently caress yeah! Also,

:awesome:

Link pls?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Lavender posted:

Stanley Parable seems waaaayyy too gimmicky for me. Do you have any first thoughts yet? The low price tag is danged tempting.

I thought it was a pretentious piece of poo poo with only a single section of it somewhat amusing. Sorry :shobon:

FEAR and Saints Row 2 own though.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bape Culture posted:

Flights to HK, ritz reservation, Rolls car service, Tin Lung Heen window reservation, Ozone window reservation, cake and flowers, 2.something carat loving diamond.

Disappointed, thought you bought a hotel :(

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lilleput posted:

I bought a watch.. Yay watches

White date window :spergin:

How visible are the hour and minute hands in practice (and in the dark)?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I have a T61 as well and just got Windows 10 running so 8 should work too. Also the track point is cool and good and by far the best input method for a laptop

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Action-Bastard posted:

allposters.com had a really bitchin' sale last week so I got a bunch of art prints for my home and my new office:

Average price on all of those was $5

Thanks, dicknuts, I was going to order some prints of my own photos but will have to jump on that now while it's 35% off :)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tribbledirigible posted:

Aww, I hoping to guess they were the robot equivalent of condoms.

They are pretty much as effective as an actual condom, however.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

One tank driving experience at Drive-a-Tank

I heard you can do that for free in Ukraine; call the Russian embassy to arrange it

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Gun sights

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:toot:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

WugLyfe posted:

Drone plus gimbal.

I "bought" a bunch of parts for my DJI frame over a month ago and am still waiting for some backordered stuff :(

dreesemonkey posted:

I bought some things for my old PC so I can hook it up to my TV.

I hope this thing works. People like to have a bit more range nowadays

I have that. The keys are a bit mushy after a Thinkpad but it does the job for an HTPC.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HERAK posted:

Is this some kind of marital aid? Or is it drug paraphernalia?

Fancy handgun suppressor.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

spog posted:

I'm not saying that Rad Lieutenant is a liar or incapable of knowing what size TV he has (he seems like an honest, not-moron), so the conclusion must be that his house and furniture are weirdly over-sized.

Hell, maybe RL is actually 9 feet tall and so it's all in proportion for him.

VendaGoat posted:

We are going to need a lot more vodka.

2.75*14=38.5*38.5=1482.25
4.5*5=22.5*22.5=506.25
1482.25+506.25=1988.5
square root of 1988.5=44.5

Which means his TV is 55 inches across when I am not a huge angry drunk. :D
(and just for clarity this is a joke goons)

And this is the correct opinion.

Guys I think you might be overthinking this.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Digital_Jesus posted:

Mirrors / Brake Lights are a distraction to other riders on the track and are required to be either taken off the bike, disabled, or covered up.

If you use your bike on the street it's common to just use painters tape to cover them.

What, really? Is this a bike thing? I don't think I've heard anyone complain about brake lights being distracted at a track day yet.

Speaking of :homebrew:, these are quite recent:

and this doesn't even include any fpv stuff yet :(

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

flosofl posted:

So it's basically a laptop that turns into a lovely tablet? Why make the tablet part a selling point if you're tethered to the keyboard for all practical purposes? It won't even last a NY to LA flight as a tablet.

Because you want it tethered to the keyboard for 90% of the time. My boss and coworker have a Helix and SP3 respectively, and they're docked either to the desktop or keyboard dock almost all the time. I just kept my classic ThinkPad because stand-alone tablets are a joke and convertible ones are barely worth the compromise.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SpartanIV posted:

What kind of apartment doesn't have an oven? Even in my shittiest apartments I had an oven. Does it at least have a range?

That Breville does seem really nice though. It looks like it could handle anything I bake.

My new apartment had an electric range but didn't have an oven, or even a space for one. So I got a Whirlpool JT-369SL:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, how did Tommy manage to make 2 sequels without me noticing??

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Just scored an i7 (dual core), 1080p T520 for work for $160. It's as new but I have to supply my own SSD.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like GearVR has this thing which is very similar except you are the bullet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GB0SAjfBbk

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Scathach posted:

That's pretty much why I got one-- I know this thing has a ton more years in it before I ever have to rebuild the engine/transmission. Slightly more expensive gas is absolutely worth it. Also I kinda feel like a James Bond.

E: finally got my pictures to upload.

Nice! Get a set of European headlights ASAP though, these round ones are pretty goofy.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I wish somebody made one of these with a modern trackpoint. Apparently the old IBM ones are garbage and Lenovo doesn't make mechanical keyboards any more.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

absolem posted:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tex-yoda

Id really like one of these, even though it's a 60%

Looks pretty neat but unfortunately the 60% kills it for me - I could survive without the numpad but not having the proper cursor or function keys makes it quite useless. Not to mention it's two hundred bucks.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

This is why you need 5ghz. 5ghz has less range and doesnt pass through walls as well, so it's much better in places where there are lots of networks in close proximity.

Unless there are walls between the router and the stick/other device. In which case it will have less interference from other networks but worse dropoff due to the walls, possibly decreasing the resulting throughput. I know this because my phone barely keeps a 5Ghz signal in the kitchen while 2.4 was mostly rock solid.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

evobatman posted:

I picked up an Original Odhner model 127 from 1952 at the salvation army yesterday! It's CAKED in poo poo, this is a picture after a tiny bit of cleaning. The mechanism works super smooth though. I've never owned anything like this before, so I'm super fascinated!

I have a soviet-made one that looks just like this somewhere, from my grandma originally. I really need to find it and take it to the office - a colleague insists on using a desk calculator instead of calc.exe so it only makes sense to step up the game a bit.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

C'mon, it's been a while since we got to make fun of some stupid shoes here.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Pls make a thread in AI once at least one bank of the V12 inevitably shits itself.

Ps. I'm super jealous since it's one of the best looking cars ever. Congrats!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Who's gonna be a cool enough dude (or lady) to get a pair of these:

http://www.banggood.com/Unisex-USB-LED-Light-Lace-Up-High-Top-Luminous-Sportswear-Couple-Sneakers-p-1067076.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

treiz01 posted:

Yikes, I tried going to their page and if you go to their store it just routes you to their new campaign. And if this is just $99 in parts, would you mind linking them?

Probably this thing:

http://www.banggood.com/EXP-GDC-Laptop-External-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-p-934367.html

Requires some screwing around and having a laptop that supports it, but seems to work fine.

Mu Zeta posted:

This ain't ever coming out
These things already exists and are being sold by Razer and Alienware, at least, no reason they couldn't make a shittier version for the Mac people.