Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

A bunch of random Disney World merch I found at a flea market and a six pack of this:

It hit the spot so hard. God bless New England.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

gently caress yes.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

and

I bought the first item solely to play the second item, and I own a PS3 and this game on it. That's how good it is.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Get Infamous: Second Son. And Sniper Elite 3, Wolfenstein: The New Order, MGS5: Ground Zeroes and Tomb Raider if you haven't played those on another system already.

Also Injustice is only $8 right now if you have PS+, and while it doesn't seem to look or run any better than on other systems, if you haven't played it yet it's a great fighting game with lots of recognizable characters.

Sweet yeah I have an XBO and a gaming rig. Played all those except obviously Infamous and Ground Zeroes. Injustice is also great. Owned it on 360. I'm definitely more of an XBO guy but I'll be damned if I don't buy everything Naughty Dog will ever make. Also quite excited for The Order. I see myself using this more for single player experiences (AC: Unity, Batman: AK, MGSV, Evil Within) and then keep multiplayer stuff on the XBO as I have like 15 months of gold.

boz posted:

I can't wait till Tuesday. Never got around to playing TLoU

It's easily in my top 3, if not #1 favorite game of all time. Just ridiculous.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Jason Edmiston 24"x36" print limited to 150 pieces.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

e

Tim Whatley has a new favorite as of 04:19 on Dec 15, 2019

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

e

Tim Whatley has a new favorite as of 04:19 on Dec 15, 2019

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

XIII posted:

My gf and I were considering getting the double to serve as our couch because we live in a basement apartment and getting just about any kind of furniture that can't be completely taken apart is out of the question. Would that be viable? (we are both pretty short, fwiw).

Just chiming in to answer this. The Double is actually two Max's with a massive cover. So you can literally take it apart.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Life is good.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Two tickets for the Boston TD Garden show for my Dad and I. They were loving expensive but every time they come it could literally be the last time.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

(Cross-posted from tattoo thread) Some new ink.

Because I wanted something from the Star Wars collab but a pair that wasn't really blatant.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

NotAnArtist posted:

Tim Whatley that is a Cool Tattoo

Thank you. I'm a big Jurassic Park fan. Suppose I should give credit. The artist was Greg McDonald at Underworld Tattoo in Salem, NH.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

No more 2000 Toyota Corolla that I've had since 2008.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Glottis posted:

I've had my 2001 Civic since 2005, and I know I should get a new car, it's just... so much effort. I'm so lazy that I'm hoping someone just totals my car while it's parked somewhere.

Funny story. Bought the Corolla in 2008. Two weeks later a police cruiser absolutely totaled it. They brought it back to life and I drove it every day until yesterday. Gonna miss that car :(

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Two tickets at Blue Hills Bank Pavilion on the water in Boston for Australian Pink Floyd for the girlfriend's birthday. Seems legit. Anybody gone?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Artist: Shane Lewis, edition of 90

(Mondo) Artist: Boneface, edition of 275

Because I like spending stupid amounts of money on pieces of paper.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Pre ordered.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Another big rear end bean bag.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

SLOSifl posted:

I loving love my Yogibo. I have the slightly smaller big rear end bag and it's soooooooooo comfortable.

:hfive:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

mlnhd posted:

I had one that was stuffed with chunks of memory foam. My cat pissed on it, and I had to throw it away. I cut it open and stuffed all of the filling into big rear end trash bags. Good luck.

I already have one. It's not foam inside but fine non-absorbent beads.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeeeeuh. Stoked to see a star war.

Also this at Barnes and Noble because it came with four awesome posters.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Found here, because there was a Facebook ad promo code that literally dropped it to $1 with prime shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FMJDJ5C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

IUG posted:

Can you share that code?

I tried to go back and find it, but Facebook sponsored content doesn't act like normal content on your individual feed.

This is their Facebook page though, so maybe if you visit it, it will trigger an ad appearing on your feed:
https://www.facebook.com/ilovepremiumcoffee/

Nevermind the kid commenting to stop posting bullshit codes because I legit paid $1 for this thing (plus prime shipping, and I live in NH so no sales tax.)

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I've heard good things, and the physical copy is $5 off on Amazon.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

This hat

because I got tickets to this

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

So I can be 7 years old again

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

Are these actually available yet? In the states, that is.

Feb 27th

Available for pre order here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-pokemon-20th-anniversary-edition-white/4773100.p?id=1219817775512&skuId=4773100

(or Gamestop)

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

$200 and there's no ac adapter. Thanks Obama!

Yeah that's insanely dumb. However it works with the current ones. In my case I'm upgrading so I'm set but I can't imagine there aren't third parties on Amazon selling them cheap.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Hrvstmn31 posted:

One of these fancy doodads they were on sale for 120$ for the gently caress you ads version.

Same, stoked to get it.

Also some of that True Lemon stuff. Y'all are a bad influence.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Adopted this 10 month old dude, from TN. He'll be here next week.

And the 8 billion things you need to buy for a dog.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

You rock. Thank you for adopting!

He looks like a good dog. Pat him on the head and tell him I said that when he arrives. "Hey sport this random dude on the Internet said you were a good dog."

Thanks! He will receive many pats on the head.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

24x36", edition of 275

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Totaled my car in a bad accident last Tuesday. Bought one of these today.

E: I had Sirius years ago when I delivered pizza in a shitbox Corolla. It was fantastic, but the only time I could justify it as I'd obviously be in a car for hours. Now between podcasts and Google Play Music, I just don't see the point. Also, Sirius was the absolute toughest cancel of all time. After my trial, I purposely called because I knew retention would give it to me for nothing. I got the full package & internet radio down to $25 for 6 months.

Tim Whatley has a new favorite as of 01:22 on May 17, 2016

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

SpartanIV posted:

Kia Souls may be common as gently caress now but they are awesome. I've got a first year 2010 Exclaim and I still love it. Yours looks like a 2012 or 2013 model which I think is the epitome of the external body styles. The 2014+ models look like someone just maxed out all the sliders in a car modeling program.

It doesn't turn heads anymore but I've had 3 people buy one after riding in mine and I think that says a lot of good things about them.

If you're looking for worthwhile upgrades, buy everything weathertech sells for it. Also I installed a trailer hitch on mine and it's great for bike racks and small trailers.

Totaled a 2012 Base , bought a 2013 Plus. I test drove some other hatchbacks but I just didn't enjoy them like the Soul. Plus the sound system is ridiculous. And the 2012's big rear end body and airbags pretty much saved my life, so I guess that helps.

Thanks for the recommendation on upgrades. I live in NH so Weathertech is definitely happening.

Tim Whatley has a new favorite as of 13:02 on May 17, 2016

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of boat shoes, I bought these.

Top photo was obviously an early design. This is the final product, same packaging though.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I agree with that, but they don't look that weird in person.

There's a few other designs:
http://www.journeys.com/search?keywords=sperry+jaws

(Sperry proper has been pretty much sold out since they announced them. New England FTW.)

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Bought a 10" cast iron skillet for a huge percentage off. Looks to still be live if you buy it through Amazon ($13.49 as opposed to $29.99)
http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-LCS3-Pre-Seasoned-Cast-Iron-Skillet/dp/B00008GKDJ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of Plex stuff, I wanted to build a server not too long ago and found out the Nvidia Shield TV can now act as an official Plex Media Server, so I bought one for all my blu rays. Thing was $199 and you can plug as many USB drives into it as you want (it supports hubs). Processor is crazy good. YMMV obviously based on your network but I've been able to stream three 1080p streams at once with it and it'll even run in sleep mode. Plus it's Android so it can run game emulators too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

dreesemonkey posted:

Just curious, but how to you get new content onto it, do you have a to disconnect it and hook it up to your PC or can you access it via network or something?

You just store the content on external drives and USB them in there. The Android TV itself comes in a few internal storage configs, but I went with the lowest. You could transfer the content to internal storage once it's plugged in. Theoretically you could put content on a G-Drive and then download it, or since it's Android there's apps for that. Basically what I've been doing is just putting some movies here and there on a flash drive while I continue to rip my library to a 4TB external which I'll just plug in when I'm done. Paid Plex also supports cloud stuff and it also supports NAS as well.

Tim Whatley has a new favorite as of 15:46 on Oct 4, 2016