Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah...

e: It's a vase, sorry.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 15:00 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My first thought when I saw this was: "Goons always buy the weirdest-looking stupid coffee makers."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No it's a vase. I guess the scale isn't really evident from the picture, sorry.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

(beautiful vase though!)

Not a lot of people appreciate 70s Finnish lumpy, poowater-coloured glass design.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Eh, I was thinking it looked more like it was carved out of quartz or rock or something like it.

Well it's called Kallio which means rock so I think that's intentional. It's just really thick mold-blown glass.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hellbeard posted:

I think it's very pretty.
I can see it looking totes sweet in a room with wall to wall brown carpeting, wood paneling and a beige/orange wallpaper;

Welp as it happens...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

beato posted:

I saw one of these setups in a bike shop the other day and it got me wondering, what benefit does having motorbike tyres on your bicycle have? Surely it makes it an absolute nightmare to pedal.

You get mad pussy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's a decent record player but I guess it was designed by shitheads if you can't access all fuses easily. I had a pair of Inifinity active speakers like that. You had to take the other speaker completely apart and disconnect everything on the PCB before pulling it out to access the fuse holder and it was a really tight squeeze for adult fingers. I kept plugging in the wrong power supply (whose specs exactly matched those printed on the speaker's power connector!) and blowing the fuse until the last time when I just smashed the outer casing with a hammer and stripped the fucker for parts. They were the best computer speakers I've ever had :smith:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Clowning posted:

Because my old Sonicare died and The Sweethome says this is the best electronic toothbrush.

Tip: Always buy the cheapest Braun electric toothbrush you can find as long as it uses that head. They come up with new models every year that cost 20-50 € more than the older ones but since they use the same actual brushes there's zero functional improvement.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bunk Rogers posted:

Those look pretty awesome. Where did you get them?

http://www.spearshoes.com/

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Smartphones are so loving 2008.

e: What is a "GPS app" anyway? If it means what I think it means (i.e. there's no actual GPS receiver) then in about 100% of the situations where you actually need help with navigation they prove to be completely worthless trash. Of course they work fine when you just need directions to the nearest Chinese restaurant or something.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 08:58 on Oct 7, 2014

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Metanaut posted:

Brixton

Penguin

Nudie

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I would purchase that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

Wool Herringbone Blazer at Gap. Only $70 during the weekend Columbus sale

What about the dildo?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sassassin posted:

You got something on your shirt, mate.

It's a new technology called buttons.

:downsrim:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PleasusChrist posted:

Just got this from SA Mart.

It looks like a robot in a glass sarcophagus.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

At first glance I thought: "He bought half a Fiskars scissors?"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think I remember her from somewhere - was she a contestant in Lexicross?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

colas posted:

Why are all sci-fi building developers so anti hand rail? That looks so dangerous.

Yeah that poor crow has fallen off the walkway and is hanging on with its wing for dear life :ohdear:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

strangemusic posted:

That ultrasonic dealy is absolutely, utterly something I would use every day. I have bought my last box of q-tips and isopropyl alcohol.

Before I got to "and isopropyl alcohol." I thought you were making a joke about being able to ultrasonically clean your used q-tips :D

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wigbot v2.0 posted:

It arrived. Thing is so small.

Nice shoes. Or maybe they're flowers. I just can't know :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wigbot v2.0 posted:

It's a dash-cam, so I can record poo poo.

Oh I see. You just assumed everyone else reading the thread was :ussr:n.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

One of my favorite bands just released a limited run of official patches, so I picked one up.

IIengger rauafrD is my favourite too as well also!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Spoiler: the sex scenes suck

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

IslamoNazi posted:

Spoon? Check, Fork? Check, Chopsticks? Check. Long handle to get to the bottom of your billy? Check. Under 120 grams for all of this. Aww yeah.

Where's the noife?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is there something I can get her that's awesomely "OMG COOL" while still being "not incredibly expensive"?

A new boyfriend would be a win/win situation.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ryan Reynolds used to be swole :eyepop:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tracula posted:

I couldn't help but feel awkward displaying something with Benoit's signature personally.

Better than having Che Guevara's face up on display.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

big mean giraffe posted:

Why do people still do this? A lovely sub makes a lovely sound system louder not better. Replace all the speakers first if you must drive around and be laughed at when your car rattles.

I bought a lovely brand-name PC speaker "system" that had a sub-woofer because it was 2 € cheaper than the stereo set. The only difference to my old lovely PC speakers I've noticed is that now the bass travels along my floors throughout the apartment. Very useful.

e: It was 18€ so...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lblitzer posted:

Hey I use O'Keeffes too, that stuff works wonders for me in the winter.

I frequent my Pawn America but usually just window shop for silly electronic purchases or broken iphones. Spotted the super rare Capcom game Haunting Ground for $2 and felt nervous even picking it up. Ended up flipping it for $80.

I've always thought it curious that some games that are "rare" in the US are/were common in Europe. I think the first one I ran into was Digital Devil Saga (or 2... or both?) for the PS2. Verkkokauppa.com sold their last new (they don't sell 2nd hand games) copy of Haunting Ground 13 days ago.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I've been looking for a nice pair of casual slip ons. Found a pair of Tsubo Carrados for $12. They're usually $100 shoes. Bargain of the week for sure.

Seriously those look like shoes only 70+ year olds would wear :confused:

Are you over 70?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Good call choosing the superior original version over the ugly computer-colored and censored one.

Jesus christ did Möbius approve this? Or is he dead?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah I... yeah, nah.

e: On a positive note, thanks to this thread for letting me know a really lovely version of these exists because I've actually been thinking of reading them. (I've only read the first album as a kid.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

You get award-winning Japanese blended whisky in supermarkets?

Drinksupermarket.com at least :v:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I checked some prices and it's not even expensive whiskey so why not?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

Wanna drink those beers and brew those beans.

Same but the Windex. Also wanna clean that counter top.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(It's a spatula.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Trillest Parrot posted:

It's pretty great.

Also a lot of people use caffeine pills as an energy booster for workouts. It's not like they're just a utilitarian coffee substitute.

That sounds like it's a utilitarian coffee substitute though?

vvvv Yeah, exactly.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 20:55 on Jan 24, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jekub posted:

It's a piece of driftwood with a hand sculpted plaster dragon wrapped around it. One of to many things with dragon on in our house.

And the only SFW one I bet :mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010