Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Those panties gotta make for an interesting story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Aargh posted:

You know Lego men work awesome as cable holders too right? Really want a Dremel though, been eyeing those off for 15 years but never had enough disposable cash / reason to buy one.

I found Dremel kits are on Sale on Amazon once in a while.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Cuniculous posted:

This thing is going to be huge. I'm glad I basically have a whole wall for it.

Is it supposed to look like a dress?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
That display is tiny, I take it that is just a FM radio without MP3?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Astrobastard posted:

Thats a bigger display than my first 2 mp3 players

Well but this is the year-of-our-lord-2016.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
Jesus guys, just buy your own underwear already.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Aphrodite posted:

Wear both, obviously. Soft one with the breathable one over it.

Nah, one on each foot. Evens out.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Those look like on-ear headphones, they can't really be noise cancelling.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

88h88 posted:

Lies.

...unless you mean ones which sit and crush your ear itself rather than ones that fit over the ear entirely in which case I agree.

That is literally the definition of on-ear. The ones that envelop the whole ear and sit around it are called over-ear.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

And a $10 pair worked as well (for me and my ears) as the $99-$200 dollar ones from Bose. And they're probably going to last just as long. But hey do whatever you want to do with your money :v:

No idea what you're on about, I'd never buy any on-ears, they are uncomfortable as gently caress. And I sure as hell won't buy anything from Bose, the #1 lifelong spam subscription seller. Because once you buy/look at Bose and they somehow get your data, you'll get their mail for about 20 years.
All I was saying was that yours aren't noise cancelling.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

88h88 posted:

It was 6am when I read that post, I was barely awake. :(

:h:

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Wow never thought I'd encounter a noise canceling headphone :spergin: lord.

Mine are pretty comfortable and block a lot of the noise since the cover and muffle my entire ear. And they're $10. I like my headphones. Sorry your ears make it difficult to wear these kinds of headphones. Is that good enough for you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise-cancelling_headphones And as that article states, you usually rely on a closed system, making on-ear not very viable.
Yours don't have any active noise cancellation, therefore not being noise cancelling. Just because you can't hear the outside world because you are listening to something at full volume, that still doesn't make it the same thing. I'm not arguing for it, since I don't care for the technology either, but you are grossly misusing the technical terms.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Decius posted:

New glasses. 800 €. I hate my lovely eyes.

You didn't have to get an adidas branded frame with supercarbonate antiscrach negative glare protection lenses.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Doom Rooster posted:

Yup. My shooting range ear protection doesn't muffle the sound of people talking, but cancels out a solid 50% or more of the volume of gunshots.

50 %? You only have -3 dB? That is terrible. Proper protection should have >15-20 dB attenuation.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm not a cop, I'd have to tell you if I was.

Actual content, I bought a bootleg Supreme lanyard on AliExpress because I have to wear a lanyard for work

What is a supreme lanyard and how is it different to all the other lanyards out there?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
Right so it's a lanyard with a bottle opener and a lovely logo? Guess people really are stupid.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Coffee And Pie posted:

Well right now I have to wear a lanyard for work with a shittier logo. I also bought a bootleg for $8 and not a real one for like $50. Quit shopshaming me, dick.

I'm not shopshaming you, you didn't buy a Supreme lanyard :downs:

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Bought some of this stuff.

Planning on a camshow? That seems to be the main use, painting your body with this stuff and then stripping naked on the internet.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Hrvstmn31 posted:

If you put this on your skin I honestly don't know if it would come off. Here is the site, it's an acrylic with and glowy gunk in it. You use it for arts and crafts and such.

Everything comes off as we humans shed skincells. But seriously, I've seen female models with these sorta bodypaintings at numerous occasions now.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

So that belt changes how you walk? And why do the guys that make my scissors make gait-changing belts?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Update: everything sounds incredible and worked together seamlessly. I must've listened to this 20 times in a row:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TOlN9dLpi8

Talking about new surround set up, Samsung HW-K650 with two Radiant 360 R1 speakers.

My only Surround Sound test file is the bungie thing from some Halo game I think.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

TraderStav posted:

Leasing is still financing, it just has a built in buyback from the car dealer. It's no different than getting an outright loan from a mechanical standpoint.

I disagree, leasing is very different, for the fact alone that the car is owned by whoever is giving you the lease.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Tantalus posted:

How is that different from getting a loan from a bank? They still hold the title.

It's pratically very different. You aren't really allowed to do work on a leased car, and often there are required service intervals + which garage you have to use as well as other restrictions in a lease agreement.#

And of course it's usually way more expensive than a normal loan.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

sleppy posted:

I'm not fidgety enough to buy a toy specifically for that, but these things popped up on youtube and looked like fun to play with, so I googled the name.
Turns out they cost $150 to pre-order, and hundreds had previously joined a waiting list to pay double that. Some videos people mention having to pay up to $700 resale for it.

This guy talks nearly half an hour about a piece of metal on a bearing. Seeing all of this quickly put me off of any EDC junk, but to each their own.

I got a Logitech G602 mouse, hoping that wireless will treat me right.

Thats a cool toy, where can I buy the chinese knockoff?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

sleppy posted:

Buy some Bones Reds bearings and find a 3d printer for something like this. Glue some poo poo to your bearing, get creative with hardware. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUBsvu1I1Mg

With how popular all these are, it really is only a matter of time for China to work it's magic, though.

Way too much effort, I'm sure someone will produce this stuff cheap if they aren't doing it already.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

travisray2004 posted:

Just buy circular magnets for $3 and you've got the same thing.

Not sure how I can get circular magnets to spin like that.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
Since there apparently isn't an EDC thread on SA (waht da heck?) I'll ask here: Does anyone use a key management system? I moved a while ago and the door to my flat isn't mounted as flush as my previous place, so now I keep hitting the doorframe and it's generally annoying to turn the key.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Jerry Cotton posted:

How would a key management system help :confused:

e: Oh I'm guessing it means something completely different to EDC people? The question still stands.

I'm not part of the EDC crowd, but I meant some sort of "organized" keyring. Something like this would certainly work, but it doesn't really tingle my fancy:

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

IUG posted:

Is there a topic on this stuff on SA? My coworker gave me an Espruino board to play with. I know nothing about this stuff, and want my first project to be a simple pulsing LED.

Pretty sure there was an Arduino thread.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

SpartanIV posted:

I bought an ultrasonic cleaner to try to use to clean spent brass before reloading, and it did a terrible job. That could have just been the model though. I ended up just going with a traditional vibratory tumbler and walnut media. It makes the brass super shiny :sparkles:

I'm pretty sure the brass needs to be polished, not cleaned.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Night Danger Moose posted:

Favourite? Check. Purchase? Check. Posting? Check.

Yours? Questionmark.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
If I had a lathe I would totally make a solid pen. But I love the Prodir DS3 for simple, robust pens that fit into pen compartments in my uniform. Too bad you can't get them in quantities south of 100.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
Looks like bullets for reloading with a strange surface coating.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

NewFatMike posted:

I bought 100lbs of dumbbells because it costs $1,400 to send 200lbs of stuff to Italy but only $565 to send 330lbs of stuff to Italy.

I don't get it, but whatever.

Details, please! Is it just because you can use a different carrier or is it something far more asinine?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

NewFatMike posted:

I mean that's literally it. The 300lb mark just puts it in a different weight class for DHL. It's really strange because two boxes at 200lbs are $1,000 more to ship than three boxes at 300lbs. It's still 100lbs per box, all of them are the same size.

UPS and FedEx are more expensive, USPS won't touch it. Fortunately there customers are cool with it, they thought it was funny and they're getting free dumbbells.

Well if you split it into 3 boxes, did it also reduce size? Because item size is a huge factor in shipping, much more so than weight. Generally, lots of small items is way cheaper than one large/heavy object.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
I never understood that sentiment anyway, sure cardboard dulls knives, but so will anything else you cut. It's as if you can either cut nothing or cardboard when people talk about not cutting cardboard.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
I want a wallet that takes normal cash but at the same time stores all my ID cards and I like it to have a few windows for all the official ones. So far each one I had has come apart somewhere fairly quickly :(

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
Clear seems like the quiet blue, so thats what I'd go for.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

$180 for the 9mm (pistol ammo) and $260 for 5.56 (AR15 ammo). There are absolutely insane sales on ammo recently. Really the whole gun industry is hitting a price floor since everybody geared up production for the inevitable Hillary win and assault weapons ban, and Oops...

Also 1,800 bullets sounds like a lot, but physically it takes up about as much space as a shoe box.

And weighs about as much as a bike x.x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Jeza posted:

I figure here is as good a place to ask as any. I bought something on eBay for a not insignificant amount of money, but was still a very good deal for what it was. The small amount of pictures were a bit lovely which helped putting other people off bidding, and the listing was just a bit "not all there".

Now it's arrived and the eBay description was accurate, it's in excellent condition and it works fine seemingly. The only problem is that it's the model down from what was advertised. The innards are the same as it were, but the build quality is inferior. But since this version of the model is black, it was impossible to tell them apart in the photos.

It's a private seller, so I can't send it back and get another or anything, only a refund. And the kicker is that honestly, I got a pretty good deal for the model down too (but still a worse one obviously). Both this and the model up are very scarce either way. Chances are another one of either type won't sell for this price again in an entire year of watching out for it.

I still feel gypped at having been misled by the title. I don't know if the seller did it knowingly or unknowingly, both are plausible enough. Does anybody have any experience with haggling for some kind of partial refund? Or if push comes to shove and they don't want to do it, will eBay only accept me sending it back?

tl;dr

Inaccurate eBay listing means I got worse item than advertised. I still want to keep it, but I want some kind of recompense. Anybody with experience getting partial refunds or post-sale shenanigans?

Would help if we knew what kind of item it is, but generally you can just tell them about the mistake and say you are willing to keep it at an adjusted rate.