Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Robawesome posted:

Nobody here is mad, just trying to explain how some watches are priced well and made by reputable brands and some are overpriced fashion brand watches. Telling a friend they've overpaid for an Alienware isn't the same as being mad at them about it. Relax Dundee, you seem awfully hung up on this concept yourself

You wear a fedora, don't you?

Translation: no one cares about my invalid opinion, so I'll make an ad hominem attack as a way to avoid reality.

Content: Bought a delicious bahn mi from We (heart) Suki Suki in EAV, ATL. SO GOOD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

rockcity posted:

I bought a 4x8' sheet of plywood, some trim pieces, stain and a bunch of firewood and made some wall art for my new house.

This is really neat. Good job!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

jgrrr posted:

I bought a case of these for around $40 since it would have been too expensive to keep buying four packs at :10bux: a pop. Been keeping an eye out for the 120, I'd settle for a four of that since I've never had it, but bottle shops near me don't seem to carry it,

Meh, the 120 minute is okay. I bought one a few years ago (the single 12oz bottle cost 8 bucks) and was dissapointed; it is simply too sweet. I'm a huge fan of the 90 minute and other imperial (harpoon's leviathan is delicious) and double ipa's (great divide's Hercules is great), so it was kind of a let dow.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

rockcity posted:

120 minute varies year to year in taste. I don't think it's on purpose but it does. I've had quite a few bottles of it and it always tastes a little different. I definitely remember someone telling me one year it was too sweet.

That makes a lot of sense, since everyone was giving it such high regard before I tried it. I'll have to look into finding another and giving it another chance.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I hate the taste of a lot of alcoholic beverages, but goddamn, Fireball owns. And yeah, if you take more than a shot or two of it (which is easy because it's not very strong...spicy? ), you start to feel it quick.

It's only 70 proof I believe, while most (non-cordial) liquor is 80-100 proof. The lower alcohol content mixed with the overpowering spice makes it easier to handle.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Tindjin posted:

So completely agree with you. Love the 402 design and feel in my hand.

I love Zebra pens for their grip/feel, but their ink always seem to dry out premature. Honestly, to this day, I've yet to find a pen that is better as a writing instrument (I.e. works exactly when I need it to) than your standard bic pen.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Pivit posted:

Got a four day weekend coming up, should be nice :D

Hahaha, i just made this exact same purchase.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Just got this last week for example. The guy was signing like 4 books per hour.

beato posted:

I'm amazed that took approximately 30 minutes to draw.

I'm amazed they let you graduate from elementary school, given your inability to divide 60 by 4.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Harley C posted:

Nah wrestling is cool, wearing terrible t-shirts isn't

Nah.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Pukestain Pal posted:

loving christ

Yea, I'd like to try one, but only one, please.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Jesus loving Christ. I like booze, but not enough to burn three months of 40 hour work weeks to get two cases of it.

Dude, if you are making a total of $2500 for three months of fulltime work (even if you are only talking about discretionary spending income), you need to go back to school or something.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Following up on boot chat from earlier, just a heads up for everyone that Amazon has a code right now for 25% off boots that works on Red Wings, Chippewas, and wolverines (and maybe others). Just picked up a sweet pair of Chippewa Service Boots as a result.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

Still makes more sense than Yamaha.

A company known for dirt bikes, motorcycles, and...musical instruments?

Like lambo with tractors, they made instruments first. Look at the Yamaha logo; it's three tuning forks.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Speaking of whiskey, I just bought a handle of this.

I love buffalo trace (and highly recommend Eagle Rare, their step-up brand), but God Damnit if the size on the mouth on the Buffalo Trace handle doesn't make it a pain in the rear end to pour (especially into a flask). You could almost fit a golf ball down the neck.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

These waterproof gloves were posted on Slickdeals, $10 w/free shipping. But they're only 40g Thinsulate and I already have 40g Thinsulate leather gloves, and I didn't like the camo:

Inspired by the fact the wind chill was 0*F this morning, I ended up buying these. 80g Thinsulate, Gore-Tex, look better, and on "sale" from $60 to $15, though shipping and tax brought it up to $22. More than I wanted to spend, but they should last a long time.

Link for the sale? (Cant seem to locate them on cabelas myself)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

beanieson posted:

Actually this is the best cheap(ish) ballpoint

http://www.amazon.com/Zebra-Point-Retractable-Black-Stainless/dp/B00HM7IXUS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1421031358&sr=8-5&keywords=Zebra+f+701

$7 for 1, 2 pack for $12 on prime. I dare you to try one and tell me it's inferior to any other cheap ballpoint.

The ink dries out in zebras much too early for how much they cost. Cheap bic ballpoint pens for life. Also, those jetstreams are nice, but a little too expensive for how long they last.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

colas posted:

The only way I'd see the trend being annoying is if you went to a restaurant/bar and couldn't get a normal beer for normal you.

My favorite brewer is Dogfish Head, they do a lot of experimental stuff.

I love craft beer, lambics, mead and weird brews, but Midas Touch is gross.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I love that people come into a thread about materialism (generally) and then get mad at people who buy nice things. Yes, everyone has different tastes, but no one is asking for your opinion. Basically, stop shop-shaming.

Content: just got some super-soft flannel shirts from cabela's (as I love their roughneck flannels in winter). Love them, but I really wish they made medium-talls, as opposed to just large+-talls. Having a long and (relatively) thin torso is a pain in the rear end for sizing.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Count Uvula posted:

Hey man, ain't nothing wrong with a 2,500 dollar chair, but that's just because no African civilians died for it :colbert:

Content:

Tower defense game

Buying this furry game when it unlocks today

I hate to burst your cognitive dissonance bubble, but unless you are growing/making all of your own food/clothing/furniture/etc. (Or are otherwise locally sourcing it), someone or something is likely being exploited by your consumption habits. That's kind of, like, capitalism's thing.

Edit: for an example related to your post, look into conflict minerals and the controversy related to their use in computers.

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 00:06 on Jan 23, 2015

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Jedrick posted:

Now, I'm not much of a shoe person (having size 13-14 feet loving blows), but I've wanted a pair of leather chucks forever. I was all set to buy a pair of the classic black and whites when I saw these:

Dude at the store said that this particular color combination is a limited run, I can't seem to find anywhere online that sells them. They also seem to be made of softer leather than the other chucks I tried. I'm super happy with them, the zippers are rad as poo poo.

Not to shop-shame, but as size 12 myself, I can only imagine that size 13-14 chucks look like clown shoes.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Jedrick posted:

They do look a little clownish just sitting there, but they look fine once they're on me. If i want to wear clown shoes, I put on these bad boys:

Touché.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

-CHA posted:

Tickets to go see Primus and the Chocolate Factory on 4/20 :2bong: :shroom:

Okay, that's loving awesome.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

big mean giraffe posted:

I'm a big fan of the glenmorangie 18 at that price.

Macallan 18yr is near the top of that range, but is also very tasty. Or three bottles of macallan 12.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

Turns out most places get wet weather at some point, and a lot of them get snow and salt is used to combat ice and...

For someone who regularly shits all over people's purchases in this thread, you seem awfully defensive.

Content: New 6qt enameled Dutch-oven from lodge. Just made a delicious beef stew last night and homemade bread to boot.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

spog posted:

Your first thought was 'dildos'. Wasn't it?

The real question is what was the second

Edit: dammit.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

Wait...I'm thinking of "Do you like hurting people." I'm dumb, carry on.

I pretty much blind-purchased thanks to the RunButton podcast/LPs. It looks basically like a game of the big battle scene at the end of the Avengers, which is extremely my poo poo.

Its not terrible, but the grinding aspect of the game wears thin very quickly. Destructible buildings and good variety of enemy types are always fun, though

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, that's just the first picture I found on Google. Shrimp stays in the shell, and crab legs are a must (seriously good in there if you've never had it that way). We do 2 42 quart stock pots every year at the beach and devour it.

Crawfish or gtfo

EFB

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

I wouldn't trust anything from Lenovo , I'm prety sure all the major anti malware programs all offer similar removal help , plus it's easy to manually remove Superfish, there were day 1 instructions with pictures.

Of course this post string happens the literal day after I order an X250 from the Lenovo website. Goddammit.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

99% of apps are much better on iOS (except Google's).

Android is great at a lot of things, but app disparity between the two ecosystems is a definite weakness.

The real question is, how many apps do you really use that it would really matter? Everyone uses there phones differently, and I'm no "power user", but I probably use a grand total of 7-10 apps total a day, and that's including texting, email, etc.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Avocados posted:

I learned this shortly after posting. None of the Amazon reviews chimed in about that :saddowns:.

I use the tea tree oil version instead. All of the benefits, none of the tingle. Also, very good for oily skin. Buy it by the gallon and you can find it for under $40.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

JEEVES420 posted:

My Parent's "Neighbor Hood Watch" their neighbor has one of these and drives it around the neighborhood on the weekend
Only 2 of them in the US

Lol. People have the weirdest interests.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Ultimate Mango posted:

I have the all in one version of this with the scanner/copier features and I can confirm that these are the bees knees. Mine is not a recent purchase, but if you have an office that needs scanning, faxing, or copying the all in one brother LEDs are great!

I am in need of something like this, but I am scanning a lot of multipage docs. Will this scan multipage via tray, or do I have to reset each page individually?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Ultimate Mango posted:

Has a tray. Works great. A set of toner is more expensive than the entire machine but my work has paid for them and I have a full set still in the box. At some point I will need a new fusor or whatever, but I love this thing.

Load up the tray and let it rip. Best part is at least with my macs it just works with no drivers needed, and there is brother software if you need more than the OS provides. My neighbors run an office out of their house and got some other multifunction brand, maybe a Samsung or something and have had nothing but problems.

Awesome!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/g2Q0cyJSs04

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Henchman 21 posted:

A new Pandora charm for the missus...

It's gonna be a good weekend.

That's one fancy butt plug you bought your lady friend. Some real high class poo poo.

Brother Tadger has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Apr 17, 2015

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Astrobastard posted:

Nah they're indeed pretty dim but I needed something dimly lit so I can find my tactical (rape) whistle in a pinch. Also they require no light source so I can safely sit in boxers + darkness and not worry about the inevitable rape

Classic rookie mistake.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Toast Museum posted:

Anyone use a metal mesh or some other kind of safety glove with a mandoline? The couple of times I've used my mandoline so far, the guard's been a pain in the rear end, but I've seen the results of not using it. Is a safety glove good enough protection? Is it noticeably less unwieldy than the guard?

I just use a Terry cloth kitchen towel and I've never had any issues.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Groovy

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I didn't realize cheese enthusiasts existed until today. Are you cheese people as insufferable as craft beer people?

They are at least more tolerable than you, so that's good, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I'm not the one that pointed it out. If you recognized the distinction but still insisted on being a dick about it, then maybe you're the pedant here.

Girls, girls, you're both pretty.

Content: just bought some new hiking boots, Keen Targhee II Mids, as my previous pair got shredded while hiking in the Estacata state park in Oregon. Highly recommended, particularly given the price point.