Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

strangemusic posted:

I bought tickets to see some movies:

I am sorry for your loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Tim Whatley posted:

I too am buying a 3080 tomorrow. I also have a Meshify C but the regular size, in white. If I get the Nvidia 3080 FE it will just fit, otherwise I need a new case. Got a radiator on the front and I can't mount it on top due to RAM.

lol this is what I THOUGHT I was doing, but they all sold out everywhere instantly

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

calandryll posted:

How close is sizing to normal shoe size? I need a new pair of slippers for winter that I can wear outside to chase the dog back in.

I'm typically a 6.5M/8W in US sizes and ordered a Size 38, which appeared to line up with that. It's just a smidge too big - I'm exchanging for a 37.

They're unbelievably nice on my feet in any case, but I can't stand the sliding up off my heel.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Got my first couple pairs of Darn Tough Socks.

Everything they say about them is true. They're unbelievably comfy. It's a struggle to not order another 4 pairs right now

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Dear lord. Trying to find a cheap gaming headset that isn't covered in stupid loving LED lights is near impossible. I'm buying it to use exactly one time, but I just can't bring myself to buy something that looks so stupid. And I once bought a Korg Electribe! So, you know, I have a high tolerance for stupid looking poo poo covered in LEDs.

The HyperX Cloud II is a normal staple of entry-level gaming headset posts. Has a big dumb logo on it but no stupid LEDS other than on the little volume control module. Typically goes for ~$90 but sometimes dips below 70 if you're patient.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

I would like to thank whoever last posted about Glerups in this thread - went through a bit of rigmarole to get the right size, but now that cold weather has hit and my feet are consistently warm without getting sweaty, I am incredibly thankful

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

dreesemonkey posted:

Google home max. I've wanted one of these for a while but could never justify the cost. They're heavily discounted right now so it seemed like a no-brainer. I was tempted to buy two but I settled for one.

This is an earnest question:

What on earth makes this thing worth $150 (much less the original MSRP of $300)?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

I got the leather soles. The plus side is that I feel comfortable wearing them on my furniture, whereas I'd never do so with stuff I'd take outside. Only get them if you're absolutely sure being fine not taking them outside, as they feel like pavement would wear through them pretty quickly.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Just looking at that makes me want to get a second pair with full back and rubber soles even though I'm wearing my slip-ons literally this moment

And I already own a pair of allbirds that serve the same purpose

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

I wanted to get a print of Pocket Park after you posted it and took one look at the price and noped out

It's super chill music though, put it on my spotify rotation

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

SgtScruffy posted:

Protip for Iceland if it’s your first time:
Spend no more than a day in Reykjavik and spend the rest driving the ring road as far from Reykjavik as possible.

Also make all of your meals just hot dogs you buy from gas stations or just make spaghetti from a grocery store unless you want to pay $30 for the most mediocre panini of your life for every meal

I had an 8 hour layover in iceland in which I did the ring in a rental car and honestly it felt like enough

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

My folks got a whirlpool brand fridge last November. The icemaker stopped working within a month. They finally got it replaced this week after months of delays citing "part unavailable". If it'd taken another week they were going to send an entirely new fridge

Only own chest freezers is the lesson here

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Ziv Zulander posted:

I dress like a douchebag, now I dress even more like a douchebag

Did you go to Dan Flash's for these, the patterns seem pretty complicated

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

jfff posted:

Sock talk - socksaddict is running another black Friday sale on Darn Tough socks this year. 25% off code HIKETOUGH good Nov 17 - Nov 30
Last year replaced all my smartwool with darn tough, no regrets.

I am huge mad about this because I just bought 6 pairs of Darn Tough to give out as holiday gifts last week

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Glerups are incredible and I get them as gifts for literally everyone I know who works from home

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

The real trick to finding good hifi speakers is to get a pair from a garage sale

There are just scads of quality speakers out there that haven’t been used since the 70s taking up space in some dude’s basement

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.target.com/p/men-s-kirby-short-sleeve-graphic-t-shirt-blue-pink/-/A-88003182?preselect=87941464#lnk=sametab

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Any recommendations for an adult backpack? Needs to fit a 16” laptop for commuting to work but also have a ton of room for travel.

I love my timbuk2 travel pack. I have a smaller one, but their casual and traditional bags are probably along the same lines in a bigger size.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Jealous! The only thing that made me get a Breville over this was the fact that it does the bloom automatically. Also it was a half-price open box from a closing Crate & Barrel

Joke's on me though, the insulated carafe doesn't drain completely unless you open the top. Having regrets, but my partner will immediately murder me if I decide to drop another 3 figures on another drip machine

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Doom Rooster posted:

People sit in it and don’t get why it’s so expensive. They expect that for the price, it should feel like a cushy recliner or something.

As a computer toucher, there is no chair I have found that is even close to as comfortable for hours on end.

2nding this. Got a lightly used aeron for ~$500 at the height of the pandemic. Over the next month all my back issues faded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Some lady living near me was wholesaling her all clad apparently because she got an induction cooktop. That’s how I got a $500 stockpot for $50.

Although apparently D5 works on induction just fine, so…