Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
First time in Portland for a conference, so drinking some beer:

Also, bought a few books from Powell Books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

canyoneer posted:

I once got to observe a guy at a print shop using an enormous letterpress. They have a more modern one, and a super old antique one. Only the owner is allowed to use the antique one, because it's so dangerous that his insurance won't cover the employees using it :stare:

http://www.twigandfig.com/TF-Letterpress-print-shop-228.html

Speaking of presses, my girlfriend's father is going to be on Henry Rollins' show 10 things you don't know about. He spent 40 years with the mint and has several antique machines that few people outside of museums or the government. He's done quite a few invitation printings for several Presidents. He has an entire basement dedicated to his presses. It's pretty interesting to see his stuff in action.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

FinnDiesel posted:

MSI AMD Radeon R9 290 Gaming, 4GB GDDR5, 2xDVI/HDMI/DP, PCI-E 3.0

Actually I bought this 2 weeks ago, got it last week, and just realized that my PSU doesn't have enough power. So my next purchase will be a new power unit.

I have this exact one. Hopefully it works for you, first one was DOA. Second I was having a bunch of driver issues. I found the hybrid BIOS was causing a lot of problems, there is a switch to turn it to normal BIOS and seemed to fix it.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

davebo posted:

Yeah I gotta stop opening thread tabs at work then replying to the last post an hour later.

I bought this: which I'm happy about because previously in the variety pack they ditched the Abbey Ale for their Belgium Tripel which is nice but I can never find the Abbey Ales in 6-packs so I prefer having it in the variety.

If you ever want a 6 pack of it, they sell it here. Of course I'm about 4 miles from the brewery itself so I can get it super fresh and ship "yeast samples" to you.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

davebo posted:

That's right neighborly of you to offer but my previous solution has always been to just buy more and more variety packs. I figure better to just have more beer overall and the Double-D IPA is like 10% so if I have that I don't have to drink as much but I have a box of 12 so there's so much I may as well drink a little more and now I'm out of my favorite of the three so it's time for another variety pack and now look how much beer I have I may as well have some more and NO i dont want to eat your yeast you gross wierdo im just kiddng yuor the best

If you can find it, I like Evolution's stuff. Not sure where they ship to in MD. 16 Mile is pretty much meh. And Dogfish is about a 20 minute drive for me if you want fresh stuff from there. I'm happy to oblige more beer!

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

kmcormick9 posted:

Decided to get back into hockey after a 15 year hiatus and now my white nike federovs that were the hottest skate in the world back then hurt my feet so bad now.

This was me last year, if you didn't know about the beer league hockey thread.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I wore their socks for my wedding and they were pretty good. Didn't have to pull them up or anything.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

logical fallacy posted:

But how did you get them on your feet?

Very carefully. Forgot a word or two, the ten hours or so I wore them I didn't need to continously pull them back up unlike some of the other pairs of dress socks I have.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Just bought the same thing myself.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Glottis posted:

I use 0.38 pens I have to special order because I like writing really fuckin small. Uni-ball Signo RT-1!

I love these so much. I have to fight people to keep from stealing them.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I sold one to a friend, he's put it to better use than I ever could but it is is a great amp.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Tim Whatley posted:

Trilogy screenprinted triptych. 18x36 each. Available now at Bottleneck Gallery as a timed edition (!)

I saw that last night and told myself try to remember. Thanks for the reminder to snag a set.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Duey posted:

A local store that sells t-shirts, hats, e.t.c with the area code on it. Nice people and they are donating profits to help frontline workers.

I think there are more chickens than horseshoe crabs here. How local, I'm dead center? I guess I should get me some DEware since I've been here almost 10 years now.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

Argyle posted:

Glerups loving rule. I don't remember if I heard about them in here or in the product recommendation thread, but for the first time in my life I can wear slippers without my feet getting sweaty and gross. Super breathable but still plenty warm. Worth every penny.

How close is sizing to normal shoe size? I need a new pair of slippers for winter that I can wear outside to chase the dog back in.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

nostrata posted:

~24000 bees.

Wait are you my friend? He bought some bees which he said is sold by the pound.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
Speaking of Techmoan. I went down the rabbithole of buying MiniDisc Players. I had one in the early 2000s and loved it.

I'm not good with money.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug

god this blows posted:

oh man I forgot about the in-line remotes with little screens. Those were pretty damned good.

I forgot how much I love these things. I ended up buying a set of 10 discs and currently ripping the playlists off of them for posterity sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Pillbug
I'm trying to convince a friend to buy one so we can see who has the bigger noodle arm. It's me.