Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I would never have guessed that a watch could be insecure as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If you dig a basement in the south even if you're lucky enough to not live in a swamp doesn't it just fill up with bugs?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I might get that once it has been released years from now too.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Phillipes makes a delicious french dip. I was I could purchase one right now.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Coffee And Pie posted:

Casio F108WH, since I got my paycheck today.

F-91W or bust.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It tastes even better better when it comes back up.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Scarf posted:

Well then, bottom-shelf for civilized America...

If drinking Early Times alone out of a plastic bottle and vomiting all over the carpet isn't civilized I don't believe in America.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

amenenema posted:

First house!

Edit - attachment f-ed up

I really hate that all real estate photos are HDR'd now. Surfing around zillow is like walking with migraine auras.

Also nice looking house.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Yeah, last time I played counter strike you used guns.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So the game is you pay american dollars for the chance of getting a knife with a LCD screen?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I loved this game, but it almost always seems to fall victim to "quarterbacking", where one player figures does the math and figures out how we're going to win in 8 turns as long as we all do exactly what he says.

That's why cooperative games need to have traitors or at least non-parellel objectives.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Is the spiral just for looks or is there a pseudoscientific explanation?

edit: vvvv It certainly does

If you put that spiral in a water jacket or something and ran cooled brine solution through it you might start getting somewhere.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Also be careful because you can brew up a nice pot of bacteria.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

colas posted:

How would that happen? If I just left it sitting at room temp too long?

Yeah, basically, since it's not sterilized like hot coffee you need to be more fastidious in cleaning your brewing vessels.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Really though, don't suicide-by-cop because that's pretty much the jerkiest way to go and that's basically all the gun is meant for.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Magic Underwear posted:

I have one subjective and one objective complaint about this. Subjectively I think these look like poo poo. Objectively I cannot fathom why you would randomly cut out little bits of your expensive sunglass lenses, thereby making them worse at their one and only job, keeping out the sun. Plus not protecting your eyes from debris as well, and adding weak points to the lens.

Well the good news on the first one is he's going to be all spandexed up on a road bike so worrying about appearances isn't a big problem.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So why do AR pistols exist? Is it solely to not be a SBR? It just seems like you basically make a rifle a dumb gimmick gun when you remove the butt stock even though it's still really awkwardly shaped.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Murphy Brownback posted:

I was one click away from pre-ordering the Xbox One CoD Advanced Warfare special edition coming out in a couple months, but changed my mind at the last minute and got this. It's not bad so far I guess.

You'll have fun with BF4 now that it is playable and broken instead of the months of it being unplayable and broken.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

tomstuart posted:

ive always wanted a nice rower, is it air resistance in that little bubble thing?

e: guess not

If you get a rowing machine basically you should get a Concept2 or nothing.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I have a Concept 2 rower and it's a torture device. When it's raining or cold outside I really dread it since I can't jog, so I have to spend 30 minutes on the device and it hurts so much. My legs are pretty strong now though.

e: Francis didn't read the manual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AMGNv957Xg

Rowing isn't supposed to be fun. It's about hurting, puking, and waking up at 4:30 in the morning.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Narciss posted:

I get muscle pain after my crossfit workout but don't want artificial Anti-Inflammatories killing my gains by f*cking with my body's chemistry.

This is the lowest effort troll.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MaliciousOnion posted:

Get yourself a pair of shoe trees and clean your shoes every week. Also don't wear shoes two days in a row of you can help it. This should help your shoes last longer.

Replacing two pairs of shoes ever three years isn't actually any better than replacing one pair every year and a half.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Will you wear this in public?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Reverse Centaur posted:

Lucky, I could only afford a 1970s condo and thought "well eventually they'll renovate the common areas" but no 10 years later is still looks like an English castle (Tudor style with asbestos in the stucco, yay!).

Luckily trees almost completely cover the outside

Good call closing on a condo in the most bloated market in a country that's about to get Dutch deceased into a deep recession.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

How's that compare to Bookers? It's my current favorite.

It's a scotch.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Why would you possibly preorder a digital download?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

spog posted:

He only has one leg.

Those are man boots?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is it even possible to buy a new computer TYOOL2K15 with a clit mouse?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

colas posted:

Is there much of a difference between a Chemex and a basic pour-over? I use one like this -

it's decent when I use good coffee

Pour-overs like Chemex and V60 give you a little more latitude to control the water flow over your coffee for good for bad but no, they both are a nice way to make coffee.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Decius posted:

Toggles are easier to open/close in cold weather with mittens on. And since he moves somewhere where it's "hilariously cold"...

Well if they're moving to a "hilariously cold" place I have bad news for that jacket.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Crain posted:

That's not Dead Guy Ale.

Your correct that it's not bad.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

kloa posted:

I haven't read Dune. Should I buy this y/n

You can probably get a paperback for 2 dollars with all the same letters inside and way nicer to hold up and read.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I just bought a beautiful bicycle. Early 70s Nishiki 12 speed with the original gears from the factory in perfect condition. $260.

That's a nice bike but how did you pay 260$ for a 50$ bike?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Astrobastard posted:

A Parasol for the Terrace

Is there a deer in that photo?

Edit: probably just leaf debris.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

RadioactiveKid posted:

yep, I have a smaller Digital Caliper for stuff up to 6", but I feel like a dial gives a more accurate measurement. It's really just a personal preference though I guess

Dunno, a General 147 is a whole bunch cheaper and has all the same accuracies and resolutions.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

sleppy posted:

Is there something I'm not getting, or is that just a lovely tiger?

It's both lovely and retarded. A retarded, lovely tiger.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I loled at "performance moped".

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

A Kpro posted:

I bought these for this summer. The scree out here is no joke.

Good gators are the best poo poo. gently caress pulling dried sage out of boots.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Crystalline glazes are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sigma X posted:

It was really pretty, but also nearly $300. Mccanless was easily the most expensive gallery in the entire Seagrove area.

The secret of ceramics is you can get super nice quality ceramic art made my semi-well known artists for extremely cheap compared to every other art form.