Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

And here we are. Wife's holiday season gifts taken care of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

They age really quickly though.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

colas posted:

What is this thing?

By the power of GIS... http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/9de7/

$13 so you can touch things with this instead of your finger.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

JEEVES420 posted:

Last time I got a Tetanus shot was because some dude bit me in a fight.

Did they give you antibiotics as well? Mouths are disgusting and I've seen some nasty infections when idiot MDs didn't give prophylactic antibiotics to human bite wound pts.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Reverse Centaur posted:

Yeah he's horrible. But like if I wanted to prove that women also use glory holes, where would I go?

yer mums

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

bunnielab posted:

Changing oil I will gladly pay for as if you value your time at all, you don't really save any money. Stuff like replacing brake pads is totally worth doing yourself as you can really save a ton.

I agree with this, except I don't trust oil places to not gently caress something up resulting in higher maintenance/repair expenses down the road.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Pondex posted:

If you don't bring a boombox blasting this, you might as well just stay home: :)

http://youtu.be/zPf_PJlJsJQ

Too chopper-y. Might I recommend

https://youtu.be/kgeIINs1TrQ

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

I use checks when I go places full of obnoxious people

What do you do with checks at your family reunion?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

NotAnArtist posted:

Hi im the goon that posts pictures of their sex toys itt and is totally cool with it

Also this will be in my wife's butt later.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Or his own don't judge

I think the little crown thing goes in his butt.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

CaseFace McGee posted:

Why the gently caress would you need a 40" TV for the bedroom?

I just got a bottle of Riesling, and it's delicious.

I have a 42" mounted to my bedroom wall because I am all that is wrong with America.

Also I got married and we both had tvs so.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Echeveria posted:

??? You didn't live together before you got married?

Yes but prior to that.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Android Bicyclist posted:

Just spent $345 to change my Alaska Airlines flight from Thursday, June 4 to Friday, June 5. All this because my mom's neurologist just happened to have an opening for an appointment open up and my sister pressured me to take Mom in while I'm still in the state. :mad:

I think I'll walk over to the local liquor store & buy some alcoholic stress relief. Pics may follow

Sounds like your sister owes you half of that at least. Or maybe a nice aged whiskey? or whisky or fuckit whatever just drink

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

If you need anything more than newspaper and matches it is you who is the scrub blarzgh. So there.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

blarzgh posted:

Freal?

poo poo, PCOS, you might have just saved me $75.

Yep just go to the store with item and receipt, don't bother calling and letting them run you through some repair/troubleshooting BS that will only waste your time when they will just give you a brand new one if it's within 30-60 days (I think this depends on the exact item purchased but anyway).

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

dovetaile posted:

Haha, whoops. Didn't mean to share that second one. Yes, it's about animal roleplay but it's not always a sexual thing.

I knew there was a reason I subscribed to this thread beyond getting ideas to fuel my own consumerism.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

My guess is a really expensive charcoal pencil. Perhaps made of the charcoal from the Titanic.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Geoj posted:

Was going to say, I thought Europeans were big on bidets?

Also WTF UK, haven't you heard of putting grease traps on sewer lines running out of food service businesses? That's something even we backwards-rear end Americans understand...

I think the articles I've read on it before talk about the tons of illegally run food places plus the residential properties that give no fucks.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Bought a bunch of wood and sand and rocks and pavers and this happened:

The album is out of order for some reason but you get the idea
http://m.imgur.com/a/KrBHk

Really nice. Do the pavers maintain their spacing while you're shoveling gravel around them or do you need spacers (not pictured)?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

blarzgh posted:

Apex is the launcher. Retorika is the icon pack, and Moonshine is where the background comes from.

Retorika - $0.99
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sikebox.retrorika.material.icons&hl=en

Also, free, but close was:
Retro Icons
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.retro.material.icons.vintage&hl=en

and I also liked Moonshine
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nexbit.icons.moonshine&hl=en

I honestly may finally change my Apex icon pack to this. Been rocking glaskart for years.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Just completed the process on purchasing a house on Puget Sound, WA. 2.5 acres of flat wooded land and 3250+ sqft house. Came with a big ol generator and riding lawn mower. It's about a mile or so from the Seattle ferry.

I put about 3/4 down payment.

Congrats on the house and the huge down payment. I assume you're doing a 15 year mortgage to top it off?

If I move from where I am now the NW is my #1 choice, even if there is a huge quake/tsunami due to gently caress it all up.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Trabant posted:

I got the AE Warwick they make for Brooks Brothers in chili:

Seconds, yes, but for $149... hell yeah I'll take them. I'll also probably do more damage to them in a week than they could possibly have already.
Is there a recommended site for getting "Damaged" shoes like this? I could do with another pair or two for work.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Trabant posted:

The only site I can think of off the top of my head is AE's shoebank.com, i.e. how I got the pair I posted. It gives you a list of their stores that have the shoes you're looking for, but you can't buy through the site itself. Instead, you call the store and order over the phone, then get an email confirmation and tracking number. The shipping is free, but you're on the hook for returns + $10 restocking fee. I know, it really is very 1997, but we are dealing with seconds so I'm guessing they're hard to properly inventory and keep track of nationwide.

All that said, I'm sure the dress shoe thread in YLLS knows of other brands that do the same, either through outlets or eBay. I'd post the link to the thread, but I'm phonepostin' :downs:

Thanks for the infos my man.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

I drove for 27 hours to buy a new car

Are you living in some weird place where it wouldn't have been cheaper and less consuming of your time to fly to the car and then drive it home?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

No but a road trip w mates is more fun

I accept this answer. However I'm now imagining it as a 2km road trip with mates :v:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Coffee And Pie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9muK2M36c
I figure if I'm gonna get on the tucked in t-shirt trend I need a cool belt to help me out.

Tucking in the front of your shirt is back in fashion now?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

big mean giraffe posted:

Tickets to this:

Here:

Best concert venue I've been to before.
Well that just looks super loving awesome.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Fozaldo posted:

Looking forward to some space at last.

That's got to be England right? Lived there for a few years and I always love going back to visit, the closeness of everything has a certain charm for me.*

*said while I live in the rural area vs. city in USA.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

frogbs posted:

I'm going to have to do the exact same thing on the house we just bought.

Any reason you went with copper over pex?

Copper will last longer than pex, and I think this is more true with some of the less lasting crimping methods for attaching pex components as well. Now of course copper will be more expensive than pex by quite a bit. I don't know enough details on this to be in depth but that's the basics of it.

I mean in general of course, Hawk being superstitious is it's own thing :)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Aramek posted:

Didn't that actually mean "Yes, kill him"?

No it did not.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

There is a lot of arguments about this but no solid evidence to prove which meant "kill" and which meant "spare".
So, you're right with a 50% chance.

I thought he was talking about the movie, not real life where the true historical facts are uncertain as you pointed out.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hey PCOS Bill explain your comment or joke or whatever please because I genuinely do not understand :confused:

In case this thread is unaware. PCOS Bill's thing is making GBS threads on anything in any thread.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Flaggy posted:

I did this exact same thing and I am super happy I did. I like the interface better than the PS4 Plex client.

Do you have a recommended guide to post on this?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Flaggy posted:

http://www.rasplex.com/index.html

I used the downloads and guides off of here.

Thanks for the link, reading into it more I don't think it'll work for my use case but I'll be keeping it in mind for future potential projects.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

TotalLossBrain posted:

ok, noted forums user "bongwizzard"

Takes one to know one.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

I'm a poor millennial with enough sense to have few possessions and the ones I do are typically the best in class. It's easy when you don't buy loads of garbage.

Oh wait, I just saw it was Bill. Sorry, old man, that the young'uns down at the burger shack made fun of your American flag Truck Nutz. They must all be lazy idiots, amirite?

Go work construction wearing Arcteryx you loving imbecile. This has to be one of the most out of touch posts I've seen in a while.

There are valid use cases for both types of gear. A stopped clock is right twice a day and in this case Bill is right.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

You took your dad out and got balls.

Endymion takes after their mother.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Wacky Delly posted:

I bought a taco truck:

and some screwdrivers

Are those hollow ground? Link?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

H110Hawk posted:

This is not a derail worth doing. Also I was off by $4k and that was just the facility charge.

I like the outlet so much I'm going to buy another one for the hallway.

What does the outlet do? The white square makes me think it's a motion sensor perhaps but IDK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

apatheticman posted:

I do a cherry basil sorbet with carbonated cherries,

http://kitchenconfidante.com/cherry-basil-sorbet-recipe

Now its requested like every 3rd time I go to a dinner party.

You can also do a lime basil sorbet with carbonated cherries.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jamie-oliver/basil-and-lime-sorbet-recipe

Both get an internet man who you dont know's mark of approval.

Do you carbonate the cherries before you blend them up? That would seem pointless, so perhaps you top the sorbet with some extra cherries that you carbonate?