Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Link

Disobedient Horse posted:

Bought me a couple of cool-rear end kitchen knives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

Those look like they'd be really uncomfortable to hold/use.

The few reviews I've read say that it has a matte plastic on the handle that make it much more comfortable than it would seem.

Edit for content:

A few Perlick 630SS beer faucets for the new kegerator that just got painted chalkboard.

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 14:44 on Sep 15, 2014

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

I play a few times a year as well and it's still pretty fun, especially with new people.
I like the Crabs Adjust Humidity 3rd party expansions better at this point.

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Dec 22, 2014

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Picked mine up for black friday.
Glued to the floor is an accurate description. I still deadlift barefoot but I don't know how I've overhead squat and snatched without them for so long.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

errol _flynn posted:

Oh, COOL! Birthday gift ideas for the Mr! I ordered some, too--Pine Tar, Gold Moss and the Eucalyptus. Nice find, Crain!

Squatch soap is pretty great, but the pine-tar is only cool until you use it and then it stains everything it touches.

Content: Wing strut camera mount for ye olde Cessna 172. Can hold three cams for multi-angle fun.

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Feb 17, 2015

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

strangemusic posted:

Phasers are so not tacticool.

It is if its a matte black phaser.
My stapler is also tacticool.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Out with the Yamaha, in with the Triumph.
New street triple r

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Oct 20, 2015

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

Just drink gin and tonics nonstop. Or better yet just a ton of gin.

So yeah, that's advice from when tonic water had a higher amount of quinine. It doesn't have nearly enough to have any medicinal or repellant affect.
So definitely just stick with the gin.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Sony A7R MK II

Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8

Anova Precision Cooker

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 23:08 on Dec 30, 2015

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

strangemusic posted:

That lens is boss as heck. I am jealous of the Mk.II body though.

Quick lens test.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

SaltLick posted:

I thought the new hotness was prk surgery

PRK has been around longer. I had it in 2013 and besides some minor haloing there are no other effects.
It can correct astigmatism etc

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Moving back from Australia and needed a car.
Bought new Focus RS

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 11:26 on Aug 2, 2016

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

I like this growth of hot hatches in America

If I was staying in Aus longer I'd buy the AMG A45. drat shame they won't sell it in the U.S.A. Really fun to drive.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

88h88 posted:

Post about dis car in AI, there's a lack of them about and everyone is interested.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032817&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I'll make a post over there when I pick it up, back in Aus. until the middle of Sept. Already have a bunch of plans for it.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

poop dood posted:

I've only ever heard that referred to as a Jersey Turnpike.

Only heard of it as a trainwreck, but I guess that's synonymous.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

Alright, I guess i'm officially a hipster now...

How many times will I eat poo poo until I can ride this thing in public without crashing? It wouldn't be more embarrassing than just riding it.

I aspire to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrUiBbDsXms

Slap a disc brake on there and go mountain unicycling.
https://youtu.be/jqDtrIUQSOM

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Megabound posted:

hahahahahaha

Hated this about Australia. Cheaper to brew my own, so I got a good hobby while living there.

Content: one-way ticket back to Honolulu. 3rd time living there, can't seem to stay away.

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 09:19 on Jan 11, 2018

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

fyallm posted:

One of my coworkers sent me some coffee beans from Hawaii and I just realized I lost my coffee grinder, so I went out and bought a new one. And drat this coffee is good.

I recommend http://greenwellfarms.com and https://mauicoffeeroasters.com/ as a decent gateway. I'll let you discover the $80/lb stuff in your own.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

yellowD posted:

that car in automatic would be an abomination

The automated rev-matching in the manual is an abomination. Third party disable that

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

George H.W. oval office posted:

lovely picture doesn’t do it justice. Pecan Lodge BBQ in Dallas.

World class BBQ is worth a wait but this place has an express line if you buy 5lb or more that lets you skip the hour+ individual line. Franklins still better but this was drat good.

If you get over to Fort Worth, checkout Heim BBQ.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Same but also crime novels under 500 pages.

I recommend John Sandfords' Prey series if you haven't read/listened

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

davebo posted:

I've been in the market for a salad recently. Do you have a link or will it not taste as good if too many people know about it?

I think I recall seeing potato salad on Kickstarter once, check there.

Edit: found it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zackdangerbrown/potato-salad

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 04:29 on Jan 23, 2020

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Enzenx posted:

Guess I'll continue the headphone chat with my own latest purchase. I bought Jabra Elite Active 75t to use as my workout/general purpose headphones while out. They fit nice, sound great, I don't feel like I'm ever in danger of having them just fall out, and the hear-through mode works while playing music so you can listen and still keep situational awareness provided you don't turn the tunes up too loud. So far the only thing I've found that was slightly annoying was some stuttering while trying to play music from my Active2 watch when worn on my left arm. Works fine when I wear it on the right arm tho, guess my big fat goony body is too much for bluetooth to pass through. :v:

Seconding these, better than any other model of Jaybirds or whatever exercise headphone I've ever had.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

This excellent shirt

https://twitter.com/DothTheDoth/status/1333165541964517376?s=20

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Warbird posted:

ngl, the pressure washer is fun as hell

Have you attached a go pro to it yet and made some videos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

My wife and I just booked an Airbnb in Reykjavik for August. It'll be nice to travel again. I've got to fly out at the end of this month for work, but she'll be joining me at the end of my expedition. It'll be our first trip since late 2019, which feels like ages ago now. Gonna look at a volcano and ride a fat pony and get a new tattoo.

There is some fantastic diving, both inland and ocean too, but seconding the hot dogs.

Also, there is a penis museum in Reykjavik if you're so inclined.

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 07:00 on May 20, 2021