Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

LoveMeDead posted:

One night here http://www.beaumontinn.com/rooms.html with my husband and parents to kick off a three day adventure on the Bourbon Trail through Kentucky. Going to have a fancyish dinner and bourbon tasting there, then spend the next three days driving around and touring bourbon distilleries.
You're going to have fun. Used to live in ky and it's always a blast doing this.
If you like Makers you should join the ambassadors program. You get free stuff in the mail. Glasses, stir sticks, coasters etc all dipped in wax of course. You also get your name on a barrel. Then get the option to buy your own single barrel bottle out of the barrel and dip it yourself.
https://www.makersmark.com/ambassadors/new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319

Good ol' E/N. Home of Star Wars toy collectors, girls falling in love with their husband-brothers, and never-ending ex-sexting.

Holy poo poo. I'm back. I've gotten no work done today. Don't loving bother reading this poo poo. Why did I read it all? I need a therapist don't I. gently caress I need to make a budget.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
These are the best grips I've ever messed around with
http://www.amazon.com/Captains-of-Crush-Hand-Gripper/dp/B00FAT6DCU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
For a sec. I was confused if I was in the CS thread.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

Got your mom to squirt, like old faithful.

:quagmire:

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, he was on AGT last year.

He does low key comedy magic.

Is it worth seeing? I'm headed to vegas in June. Already dropping money on cirque tickets and was debating on zombie burlesque or this. Any suggestions?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

nocal posted:

Zombie burlesque or piff the low-key magic comedian? How about just send me the money and I'll tap dance on your dick & balls

PCOS Bill posted:

Just buy a hammer and some nails and drive them into your scrote

Real quality post here guys. You both have male genital mutilation fetish it appears. Maybe you should get together to work on your own act. Then I'll pay to come watch you play with each others gentlemen sausage.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

I bought 10 indoor cycling sessions on Groupon and I'm too intimidated to go to them. I hate gyms.

1 word for you to motivate you. BUTTS. Butts galore. I'm the creeper guy in the back.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

PCOS Bill posted:

15lbs of honey.

Gonna make some mead. Which is funny because alcohol doesn't mix well with me.

Fruited or just straight up honey? What fruits? How much per gallon?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Trip report: So many of you doubted the excellence that would be Piff The Magic Dragon. Unfortunately I can't confirm or deny this. However, the Zombie Burlesque show was good. It was a small theater with decent but not great sound. I had plenty of laughs, saw some zombie butt, point ballet, pole dancer and a contortionist for like $60 for 2 tickets for 90 min show.

If you're okay with LBGT (gay jokes & cross dressing ) humor you're probably okay. Otherwise they might corrupt you by making you like that pretty women who is actually a man and you'll be going straight to fire and brimstone.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

lookslikerain posted:

A very small, but very nice, apartment.

Representative image.

gently caress Oslo house prices though.

Why is there a mirror above the stove top? Or is it like half mirror half oven/cook top display settings? Is it also a hood? I'm so confused. Otherwise, it looks nice.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

lookslikerain posted:

Its an extractor fan, I'm not 100% on how it works since I haven't moved in, but I think it folds down.

I mean it looks like it's a mirror. You can see the wood grain from the floor and the bottom of the chair legs in the top left but then the gap and the black display part on the bottom confuse me. But it clearly has a vent shaft so :psyduck: . I request that you take more pictures once you move in.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Aramek posted:

Zima was good, and I miss it.

You can still git this FYI..... In Japan that is. Had some 2 months ago. It was a flashback of nostalgia and bad life choices. If you really really want it you can make firends in the beer community and trade for it.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Was it the $700 tea maker
https://www.amazon.com/Sage-Heston-Blumenthal-Maker-Litre/dp/B00CI32S5M

Or just the $210 one?
https://www.amazon.com/Breville-BTM...BP42ZMKPGHH1254

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I save money on shaving supplies too! By not shaving.

Content I bought a 1/3lb angus burger w/curly fires from a food truck. It was good but not worth the $9 bucks.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I bought LEDs to get this display looking crispy.

I also bought the cap to cover the mono/stereo switch, but it's still in the mail.

Is this stereo worth something? I just threw one away in the trash, literally the same model like 3 months ago.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

$100 or so. Costs are going up because people are into vintage audio.

FUUUUUUUuuuuuck!

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

Tickets for some shows this weekend:

Alton Brown

Curious to know how this goes. Some other people who went to his shows said he was a dick and was rude to a volunteer that he brought on stage.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Megabound posted:

Joining the club, bluetooth only version because I really don't see how Wi-Fi would enhance the experience.

Getting it express posted because I am an impatient person. Tomorrow I go to K-Mart and buy a vacuum sealer.

Come join us and talk about cooking the things - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3573640

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm not a tool nerd but AvE was pleasantly surprised by the Cryobi nail gun, at least: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7ORqBtHVM

This mother fucker is racist as poo poo and is not funny. His commentary is terrible and his world view is pretty hosed. I'm not saying he doesn't know tools but he's a conspiracy theorist for sure.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

PCOS Bill posted:

Oh no racist the worst thing you can be (everyone is racist buddy)

Nah, I think the worst thing you can be is a pedo.

sterster has a new favorite as of 21:10 on Jun 8, 2017

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm going to guess he said something about Chinese tools being crap and you took that to mean he's saying Chinese people are crap.

Nope. If you care just listen to him talk.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Coffee And Pie posted:

Nah, literally in a bag that you freeze. Not bad honestly, though next time I might add a little rum--they're pretty weak

Yeah those frozen mixed drink things never have enough booze 1 or 2 shots added in will set you right.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
You just need enough money to be able to build an indoor range then you can do all the things you want.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
If you need it ASAP you could also check out any vape shop. If they are a good shop they should care about battery quality and have good ones one hand.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Purchased a wedding ring for my self. Gibeon Meteorite inlay with a titanium band. I'm happy with it.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

spog posted:

Do you actually have a fiancée, or are you just very confident that the first date went well?

We've been together for 18 years. Getting married has never been a priority for me and this year she decided it's something she wants to do. I proposed to her a while ago because I knew it was something she was interested in so I wanted to try and make her happy. Good joke though.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

nocal posted:

Truly the cornerstone of a happy marriage

I know it sounds pretty bad but, like I said we've put up with each other for 18yrs. We know what we are doing/getting into.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Prenup bruh, gold digger spotted

She knows I aint got no money bro. She has access to my bank account.

friendly 2 da void posted:

Eighteen years of companionship and mutual support? I agree :)

Thanks, I think. This seems halfway genuine.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Night Danger Moose posted:

New wheels and shoes.

But what are they going on!?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Night Danger Moose posted:

Naw, shoes is tires.

2016 Ford Focus ST.

Like those rims. Looking at buying a new vehicle. What rims are those and how do you like the focus?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Yeah, been thinking about it but FW drive is holding me back. Currently in a RW drive car and like kicking the tail out every once and a while.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Either the text is upside down or it says SEIBOOB

Rubiks Pubes posted:

There’s a store nearby called Unclaimed Baggage

Is this the place in like Alabama or Georgia or something. My parents stopped there when I was a kid and I was amazed at all the game boys children had lost. Also, I think they had a puppet that was from the movie Labyrinth which I was so confused on how that got lost and ended up in that store. Surly a one of a kind thing like that gets tracked down.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
It's so god drat hot here. Please send help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
135 is like death valley. I've never seen it above 125 in PHX. Tips for living in an oven.

Keep you house at 80 to help acclimate.
Have a pool and live in it. Or better yet have access to a pool so yo don't have to take care of it.
DON'T GO OUTSIDE unless it's to get into a car that has good AC.
Remote start & sun shade & park in the shade
I literally know the suns movements and park in a spot that gets shade an hour before I leave work.
Wear black so your sweat doesn't show or white to reflect suns rays.
Just loving leave. 2hr north is Flagstaff that's like 80F right now.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

H110Hawk posted:

If it's 5 years old at this point I would pre-preemptively replace it so it doesn't strand you somewhere.

Ha, I'm lucky if my battery last 2yrs. I miss living in a more temperate place. In Arizona during the summer Auto Zone is swamped with people replacing batteries because the heat absolutely kills them. I always get the 3yr warranty battery and it gets replaced at least once under warranty every time.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Quake and later unreal tournament I think. Wonder what that guy is up to these days.

Apparently he still plays games. A quick Google shows he's been playing pubg on twitch.

sterster has a new favorite as of 19:50 on Aug 26, 2018

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I've always mowed with a side discharge so I don't know if I'm supposed to like recycle it or what

You could always start your own composting. But as Flash mentioned. Usually organic material gets handles in different manner. For instance in Az I have a big green trash bin similar to your blue one there that is restricted to plant waste(yard clippings, trimmed branches etc).

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

There is, should I be using it? Googling says I should for the health of my lawn

If your mower is this one it has a mulch setting. This will leave the grass clippings in the yard as you mow. Some people don't like this because it will turn brown and "My yard doesn't look as good" - https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-21-...102SP/206515944

User manual - https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/dd/dde27c01-50a2-45b7-bd10-30e3087a11f6.pdf

"UserManual" posted:

ATTACHING/REMOVING THE MULCHING INSERT
WARNING: Do not at any time make any adjustment to
the lawn mower without first stopping the motor, removing the
battery pack and waiting for the blade to stop rotating.
1. Remove the battery.
2. Lift the rear-discharge door.
3. Grasp the handle of the mulching insert and fully insert it
into the mower, so that it is securely seated (Fig. 10).
4. To remove the mulching insert, lift the rear-discharge door,
grasp the handle of the mulching insert, and pull it out.
5. Release the discharge door and make sure it rests firmly
against the mulching insert.
NOTICE: The mulching insert must be removed in order to install
and use the grass bag and must be re-installed when the grass bag is removed.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo had no idea this poo poo was going on. I pretty much visit poo poo that's bookmarked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
We need pictures of expectations vs reality. On each of those.