Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus the mount makes your iPhone hover so that's pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Argyle posted:

True, but now you're committed to an AMD motherboard. And since AMD is getting out of the desktop CPU game, your next upgrade will be to an Intel chip, which will need a brand new mobo. You may want to consider dropping a little extra cash on an Intel setup, since that's what your upgrades will require in a couple years. It'll be cheaper to buy CPU+mobo now and a new CPU in the future, rather than CPU+mobo now and CPU+mobo in the future.

Just a word of wisdom from a guy who built an AMD machine a little late in the game.

Next Intel generation is a new socket and will require a new motherboard anyway.

(But you should still buy Intel now.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

leidend posted:

Help I'm getting sucked into the Samsung ecosystem against my will!!!

Gear Fit. Massive price drop + don't give a gently caress about fitness gimmicks, just looks and notifications + massive gadget nerd, gotta try one wearable before they go the way of 3D, right? Plus it'll disincentivize me from buying a new phone before my contract is up. Hopefully.

I almost waited for the Moto 360 until I heard it'd be $400+ and realized I don't actually like round watch faces.

Couple pages back, but the 360 is going to be $250.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

leidend posted:

Do you have a source (I can't find a confirmation) and is that Canuck bucks? I already returned the Fit.

Motorola held a contest to design a watch face for it not too long ago. One of the prizes was a Moto 360. The contest details listed the retail value as $250.

It's not as official as a press statement but it's a pretty good indicator. I've seen contests oversell the value of a prize, but never under.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Magic Underwear posted:

Isn't it kind of stupid to have a constantly changing number be engraved on a knife? Wouldn't hash marks make a lot more sense?

You just throw it away and engrave a new knife.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anything I have ever ordered in like 10 years from Amazon.ca has come from Mississauga. Except for third parties, of course.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

(Ooma. It's an IP phone thing, like MagicJack)

My reception at home blows, and signal boosters are like $800. This costs $4 a month.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

davebo posted:

Isn't She-Hulk always hulked out though?

She can change at will. She just likes being She Hulk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, it's to meet legal requirements on barrel length for civilian versions.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hellbeard posted:

Ontario Knife Company / Kukri

Just came in the mail. It was much lighter than I had anticipated and simultaneously much bigger. The customs official marked it “sword” from what they saw on x-ray. The balance of it is remarkably close to the handle. It’s not that sharp out the box but I’ll fix that later. The sheath/scabbard is not that good but it might be a good base for one. I don’t think it’s meant to hold up to hanging upside down or during physical activity- there’s a lot of play. But the knife itself is really nice and most reviews agree it’s the best bang-for-buck ratio.

I like it.

Photographed with the Spyderco Kiwi-3 for comparison.

There's a really good reason why I needed this. I'll just have to figure out what it is. Does anyone know what the odds are for the earth being very suddenly covered in dense shrub or that we will be attacked by aliens which are mostly neck and spindly limbs?

Swords probably have less customs red tape than knives anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

Ekol Viper 9mm, with 6" barrel. It shoots blank rounds only (basically it's a prop gun) so it's practically impossible to hurt anyone with it.

Except Brandon Lee.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

davebo posted:

Admittedly I'm not a gun enthusiast but I don't understand what you do with a prop gun. Are you going to make movies with it or something? Do you use it to mark the start of races? When you fire it... what are you firing at?

Props.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

Those look like they'd be really uncomfortable to hold/use.

Plus if you drop one you're never going to find it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It doesn't just have individually programmable colors, it lets you set on keypress wave, ripple and color shifting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Betty posted:

Are Logitech mice still pretty lovely for people with big hands? I remember them not fitting me all that great

Their latest mice are huge.

mad.radhu posted:

Keep the box - I have a regular K70 that I just sent back for RMA because after 8 months seven of the keys were no longer lit. The good news is that Corsair's RMA process is pretty painless.

The LEDs in the new K70 are a completely new design.

Only 7 failures in 8 months is low, by the way. The old K70s have terrible LEDs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mad.radhu posted:

This is disturbing news since LEDs should have a lifetime measured in decades.

It's actually apparently an issue with the blue LEDs they used. It wasn't restricted to just them.

They stopped making the blue LED model now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pseudorandom posted:

This is so disappointing to hear. :( My K70 has had a few LEDs die, but that was the result of an unfortunate beer spill. Now I have a feeling I'll never be able to get any LEDs repaired, even if they are legitimate failures.

Apparently they offer you a red/black one, or a refund.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Magic Underwear posted:

This is cool, I want it to be a real-time heatmap of all my keypresses so its like im literally burning up my WASD keys as I do 360 noscope headshots

It can't store variables so you can't have a key getting brighter as you use it or anything, but you can make it do things like light up and fade over X seconds after you press a key.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Le0 posted:

I just picked a picture randomly. The catalog is missing a lot of stuff currently but I can just use the US one quite easily.

Yeah, that's the main thing.

Once Netflix is available in your country it's easy to watch another country's content. But without that local availability, it's much harder to sign up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

First...

Then after trying to play it on a regular sized 3DS...

(NA version doesn't have the game, but does have the A/C adapter. Europe is weird.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Merica posted:

Edit: I really wanna get MERICA as the license plate bc nothing more Murican than an unnecessary amount of horsepower for me to drive to and from work.

Not having work to drive it to would edge that out slightly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PleasusChrist posted:

Just got this from SA Mart.

It's probably filled with maggots...

Jerry Cotton posted:

It looks like a robot in a glass sarcophagus.

...Or scarabs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

How about "gently caress it, I'm an adult and I will wear what I want to wear when I put on my big boy clothes?"

It's a watch. It tells time. If you like it, wear it. No one is gonna sit and point and go HAHAHAHA LOOK AT THAT FAG WITH THE GREEN WATCH LET'S GO STEAL HIS LUNCH MONEY.

Edit - If they do, just beat them with that big loving watch.

This doesn't apply to those Tokyo Flash ones though, since they don't seem to actually tell time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Also they do tell time but in a stupid and over complicated way, in which you tell the time by reading the pattern.

The reactor one only shows increments of 5.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Erudite Sybarite posted:

a) nhl.com b)Denied, sorry bro.

I'm pretty sure they had every team when they first put them up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Professional wrestling is just a cover to sell dumb t-shirts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThaShaneTrain posted:

What do the point values mean blanket goons?

It's size.

So they didn't have to unfold them and let all the smallpox fall out when they traded.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Android 6.0 Mesquite.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can you mail poo poo?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat, and I missed all the Secret Santa cutoffs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Amazon will do that in like a second over live chat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have one of their other laptop bags, and they have a ridiculous number of pockets. It seriously takes me like 2 minutes to find stuff sometimes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you didn't do it last year instead of the first one you get one with just your name.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

She'll certainly make a beautiful bride. Shame about the future husband though.

11 pages and that's all you come up with?

Weak. 1/10.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apple bought the company that makes their sensors, and they were making far and away the best ones apparently.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When they premiered it there was one or two useful things, like showing certain menu bars on there all the time instead of needing to pull them down and stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can't buy it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

davebo posted:

Please let me know the second GTA5 for PC gets working with this.

Edit: nevermind this is the one you have to have the note 4 to use, I had thought they were simply integrating the note4's screen into the oculus interface.

The Oculus already uses Note screens.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This week my Kwanzaa gift was a donation to some political transparency group and a pamphlet on Mitch McConnell's donations.

Weird choice to keep for the international buyers.

I also got some pills with an extract from this fruit which apparently blocks your bitter and sour taste senses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only gay car is the Transformer Jazz.