Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Gaige from Borderlands 2

TwoFace from do I really need to tell you it's Batman

Little Mac from Punch-Out

Whatever Ellen Page's character's name was from Beyond: Two Souls

A purple dude chilling

A Sailor Moon character I've forgotten scoping the food court

Princess Peach demonstrating the benefit of a background that isn't a convention center

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Erebus posted:

A purple dude chilling

Zero from Code Geass.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

Erebus posted:

Princess Peach demonstrating the benefit of a background that isn't a convention center

Are Bowser and Booster kissing on the altar. This is important

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Erebus posted:

Gaige from Borderlands 2

It's good to see cosplayers moving to the Strongarm over the Maverick. It's just a better nerf gun all around.
:goonsay:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nerf is pretty much perfect for Borderlands though.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

McPantserton posted:

I hope nobody minds my shameless self-posting too much but I keep getting photos in from my Valkyria group shoots and I'm so excited with how they look.

I am so fortunate to know good photographers. Guy who took this one goes by Vontography on facebook.

e. I'm the HBIC in the middle with the blue hat, I suppose that's not immediately obvious in retrospect, haha.

No Cherry, 1/10

(okay, seriously, this owns, you own, all those costumes own, that photographer owns)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

McPantserton posted:

I hope nobody minds my shameless self-posting too much but I keep getting photos in from my Valkyria group shoots and I'm so excited with how they look.

I am so fortunate to know good photographers. Guy who took this one goes by Vontography on facebook.

e. I'm the HBIC in the middle with the blue hat, I suppose that's not immediately obvious in retrospect, haha.

Yeah, this owns pretty hard. Please keep posting. :3:

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

HardDisk posted:

Yeah, this owns pretty hard. Please keep posting. :3:

Thanks, guys. :3: That's all the encouragement I need, mostly I feel bad because I only do 2ish cosplays a year so I only have so many cosplays to post photos of. But I'm moving into my main project for 2014 (Warhammer 40k!) so here's a photo of my Terran marine's last ride. I'm on the far left there, photo by CosIT photography. I'll miss wearing it but transporting the marines, not so much.

And here is photographic evidence that my friends and I are all mature adults.

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 03:36 on May 24, 2014

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

No Cherry, 1/10

(okay, seriously, this owns, you own, all those costumes own, that photographer owns)

I keep hearing the theme music in my head. Also, VEGETABLES!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
So I guess it's OK to do our own stuff - Finally had someone take a few pics, so now I've got something other than selfies. It's 95% done, so a few unfinished details, but goddamn was it satisfying to look at these.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Be proud man that is awesome.

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005
Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

There's also Baiken from guilty gear if we're riding the arm thing

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

McKilligan posted:

So I guess it's OK to do our own stuff - Finally had someone take a few pics, so now I've got something other than selfies. It's 95% done, so a few unfinished details, but goddamn was it satisfying to look at these.

Do you have a build guide? The next thing I want to wake is DS armor.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

burnsep posted:

Rick Grimes or Meryl Dixon.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

burnsep posted:

If she likes Magic the Gathering, Tezzeret has a crazy filigree arm that would only work for somebody without an actual arm there. There's also an awesomely campy Japanese movie called Machine Girl where she gets her arm cut off and uses a gun arm instead. Captain Scarlett from Borderlands or even Captain Hook would be pretty awesome. Or Jaime Lannister. So many options!

McKilligan posted:

This turned out awesome, you did a killer job, man!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

J Walter Weatherman. She can work with the organizers to set up some impromptu safety demos!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

burnsep posted:

Mega Man would also be a good choice. You can never go wrong with Buster Cannons or Beam Swords!

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

burnsep posted:

Finn from Adventure time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

burnsep posted:

Southpaw Samus.

edit: No, wait. Samus' gun arm is her right. It's perfect!

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

McKilligan posted:

Your stance in the first pic is great.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

burnsep posted:

When in doubt, go as a zombie.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

burnsep posted:

Funhilde posted:

I was going to say Shoko from Adventure Time would be perfect, if she doesn't want to crossplay.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Awesomesauce.

Liar Lyre posted:

When in doubt, go as a zombie.

This is always a correct answer. :)

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Inzombiac posted:

Do you have a build guide? The next thing I want to wake is DS armor.

No build guide YET - I'll compile one once everything is finished. Still a few finishing touches to make.

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Your stance in the first pic is great.

Good, 'cause that's about as far as I can bend in that getup.

McKilligan has a new favorite as of 17:57 on May 24, 2014

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

McKilligan posted:

No build guide YET - I'll compile one once everything is finished. Still a few finishing touches to make.

I'm so excited!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Opopanax posted:

J Walter Weatherman. She can work with the organizers to set up some impromptu safety demos!

"And that's why don't wear a costume with a long train on the escalator!"

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

burnsep posted:

If she really wants to go as a Jedi, there's actually one with only one arm. Tenel Ka, I think?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The awesome cosplays are coming from inside the thread!!!

Funhilde posted:

Fionna with missing/flower arm. People will lose their poo poo.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Oh man, you even got the seal on his belt right. I love it.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Alternately, she could go as Samus and attach the laser gun to the missing part of her arm.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Polaron posted:

If she really wants to go as a Jedi, there's actually one with only one arm. Tenel Ka, I think?
There's also Kreia from Knights of the Old Republic, who is awesome.

Accordion Man has a new favorite as of 19:12 on May 24, 2014

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Battle damaged Terminator (yes I know Arnold lost his left arm in the movie). More work: Terminator after peeling the skin off the arm to show Miles Dyson.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

burnsep posted:

I hate to say anything specific, 'cause it counts as a spoiler, but a certain character in the latest episode of the Walking Dead video game. I bet this would be a popular one.

Alternatively: Lady Waziria from Thor: God of Thunder.

Hakkesshu has a new favorite as of 21:55 on May 24, 2014

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

burnsep posted:

Seriously? How am I the first person to say Ash from Evil Dead? Get a chainsaw on that arm ASAP.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

SiKboy posted:

Seriously? How am I the first person to say Ash from Evil Dead? Get a chainsaw on that arm ASAP.

Plus that's super easy to cosplay. Stained, ripped white shirt, brown trousers, harness, chainsaw, boomstick, comically oversized prosthetic chin. Job's a good 'un.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
If she doesn't mind the right / left thing, Space Cobra would be pretty easy to pull off :)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The awesome cosplays are coming from inside the thread!!!

Fionna with missing/flower arm. People will lose their poo poo.

sticklefifer posted:

I was going to say Shoko from Adventure Time would be perfect, if she doesn't want to crossplay.

Shoko with or without robot arm would be a great choice.

See?

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 02:04 on May 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

burnsep posted:

You also have Lee from Telltale's The Walking Dead, and that dude James Franco plays in 127 Hours.

• Locked thread