Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

Kuukaku Shiba from Bleach has a right arm that is mostly gone.

And this is difference between the manga and anime if she'd prefer some sort of prosthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

SiKboy posted:

Seriously? How am I the first person to say Ash from Evil Dead? Get a chainsaw on that arm ASAP.

Oh poo poo guys, great suggestions all around but I think this is the winner! Now I just have to sit her down for an Evil Dead/Army of Darkness marathon.

gently caress yeah.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Cat Hatter posted:

Battle damaged Terminator (yes I know Arnold lost his left arm in the movie). More work: Terminator after peeling the skin off the arm to show Miles Dyson.

this but make it a prosthesis with a molded rubber skin exterior that she can repeatedly peel off to reveal the Cyberdyne hand

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

404GoonNotFound posted:

Now with Source Video!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP0zRvy6gBw
WARNING: Half-hearted Pharrell parody.

I know this is a couple pages back, but what's that supposed to be at 1:25? It feels like someone is cosplaying my ex from high school.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Grem posted:

I know this is a couple pages back, but what's that supposed to be at 1:25? It feels like someone is cosplaying my ex from high school.

Ada Wong from Resident Evil.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm.

Make sure to tell her that we're all genuinely excited about her cosplay opportunities and are waiting for the results. :)

We're also jealous that our Ash costumes could never be as accurate as hers but that's kind of hosed up so maybe don't mention that

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ada Wong from Resident Evil.

Actually I think it's Alice from the RE movies.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah it's probably the laziest Ada cosplay possible if so, and Ada never wore a leather jacket so it's most likely Alice from the movies... which are poo poo.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

If she's speicifically thinking about one-armed characters, there's also Baiken from Guilty Gear.

Forti
May 5, 2009

burnsep posted:

get a fake beard and do gender swapped Big Boss

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Captain Lavender posted:

Oh man, you even got the seal on his belt right. I love it.

Actually, when I checked back on a bunch of concept, in-game, and player armour references, none of them featured the crest on the belt, just the circles with studs. I put it on there anyway just because I thought it would be cool.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

burnsep posted:

Oh poo poo guys, great suggestions all around but I think this is the winner! Now I just have to sit her down for an Evil Dead/Army of Darkness marathon.

gently caress yeah.

In the recent remake Ash is actually a girl. Not as cool as cosplaying as Bruce, I guess, but you might want to look into that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

End of discussion. :colbert:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

burnsep posted:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned going as a Techpriest yet, depending on how bionic (or at least bionic-looking) a prosthesis she has.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!
It might be a bit of a one-note costume, but I always thought that if I had lost a hand, it would be fun to cosplay as Marty McFly in 1955, slowly disappearing.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

McKilligan posted:

Actually, when I checked back on a bunch of concept, in-game, and player armour references, none of them featured the crest on the belt, just the circles with studs. I put it on there anyway just because I thought it would be cool.

It's faint but it's totally there. Unless I'm crazy.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Captain Lavender posted:

It's faint but it's totally there. Unless I'm crazy.

I see them too, so we're either right or it's catching.

Thing to remember are DS1 is that the texture resolutions were very...console. You basically get full freedom for any details below the resolution of what those textures can show.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

:pwn:

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I see them too, so we're either right or it's catching.

Thing to remember are DS1 is that the texture resolutions were very...console. You basically get full freedom for any details below the resolution of what those textures can show.

Huh. I see 'em too! They don't show up in any other concept art, though. Glad I added it!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

What is it?

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

That's the cast of Persona 4 and the :pwn: thing is a very...interestingly done Teddie from the same.

That's a pretty impressive Kanji (guy on the far left) though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Teddie does get squashed flat at one point. Maybe that's what they were going for.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
It doesn't really look like Flat Teddie, though.

Though I suppose that's kind of a hard cosplay to do in general.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
A little something from Fanime:

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

burnsep posted:

Could do a gender bent Adam Jensen?

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

burnsep posted:

She could go as battle damanged Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. Its the right arm & being a girl would help with pulling off the looks since the character looks like a girl anyway.

Trying to find a better shot of the damage then the one below. There actually a few points where his arm gets blown off.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
She could do a post mutilation Seras from Hellsing Ultimate.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

How were there no comments on this? :stare:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
People were too scared to leave them.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

How were there no comments on this? :stare:

Came right off of Clive Barker's twitter too. There was another one, but the link seems to be broken.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
We have such sights to show you!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Oh gosh... Need to see his shoes.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

From this past weekend at Momocon; this Marriott was actually the filming location for the Capital scenes in Catching Fire:

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

A friend of mine at Balticon. Lucy, not her patient

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Eschers Basement posted:

I love this.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

Eschers Basement posted:

I could imagine overhearing the conversation going on.
"No...really...I'm Batman.." "uh huh.."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Big bunch of X-Men characters.

Pixie and Hope Summers.

Sinister.

Rachel Grey/ Phoenix

Marrow.

And a Deadpool.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've never seen a really good Marrow cosplay but I guess she's the best so far. Why wouldn't you want to be feral Marrow and just cover the hell out of yourself in bone and claws?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
So - went to another Seoul Comic World - actually took quite a few photos this time. Summer has finally arrived in force, and today was the warmest we've had yet, temperatures finally hitting the 90s, maybe mid-80s in the shade. Koreans are goddamned determined to cosplay. Some of my favorites -

Outside the convention center. Inside is mostly vendor booths selling homebrew comics / manga / manwha, and a stage for some of the competitions and skits.

Outside, in the adjacent park, is where the majority of the cosplayers hang out to take photos. Here's a poorly stitched panoramic of the park center.

Mako and Satsuki

Keep in mind it's 90 degrees out here.

Homestuck is a thing here too, suprisingly enough.

Kenshin?

LOL characters, I assume

Once again - black full body suit, and it's 90+ degrees outside. Respect.

No idea. Cute revolver though.

More Kill la Kill

Yet another, but superior Mako

gently caress yeah, limited movement armor buddy!

Ghibli! gently caress yes.

Here's a link to the full album, I took 40+ pictures. Maybe in October or November I'll bring Artorias, but not until temperatures settle into the low 70s at most.

McKilligan has a new favorite as of 10:07 on May 31, 2014

• Locked thread