Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

NmareBfly posted:

If you think the music is good now (and it is) just wait for the ending. It's 100% a game worth completing, for all sorts of reasons.

E: Tried to explain why, can't without spoiling. Just play it.
Its worth completing because its one of the few games that's well done in every aspect of game design. The gameplay is fun and you can make it as hard or easy as you please, the atmosphere, namely the soundtrack, narration, and aesthetic are fantastic. The writing is well done too and its never at odds with the gameplay. It really is a great game and that's why I want to play Transistor right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Its worth completing because its one of the few games that's well done in every aspect of game design. The gameplay is fun and you can make it as hard or easy as you please, the atmosphere, namely the soundtrack, narration, and aesthetic are fantastic. The writing is well done too and its never at odds with the gameplay. It really is a great game and that's why I want to play Transistor right now.

would you recommend this to someone who got bored by bastion? The aesthetics of transistor looks good to me, but I didn't dig bastion's gameplay. I don't wanna get burned again.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I always loved Mine, Windbag, Mine.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

This game doesn't really look like it plays too similar to Bastion, but if you don't want to get burned I'd wait until after release and more videos get out and/or wait for a sale so you don't spend as much

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Game's not out yet so I can't say. Just wait until tomorrow when everybody gives their takes so you can get a good idea you would like it or not.

Also from the Steam thread, the OST got leaked. Going to have to get it when its a bit cheaper.

http://youtu.be/KRFNoQN__5I

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 20, 2014

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

Game's not out yet so I can't say. Just wait until tomorrow when everybody gives their takes so you can get a good idea you would like it or not.

Also from the Steam thread, the OST got leaked. Going to have to get it when its a bit cheaper.

http://youtu.be/KRFNoQN__5I

Dear god yes thank you for linking this. I was just listening to the Bastion soundtrack to get me hyped.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
If this game is similar to Bastion, I cannot dissuade people from listening to the soundtrack enough. Hearing some of the songs in the situations that they were presented was a huge part of what made that game magical. One day, people! Come on!

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The video is already removed, anyway. I only listened to the first few songs and then the full version of We All Become, if the rest of it is as good as those songs, I might actually even like it more than Bastion

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Here's another video fo the OST since the one posted above got removed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx0d7rSabFY

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

IncendiaC posted:

Here's another video fo the OST since the one posted above got removed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx0d7rSabFY

Holy poo poo, sold.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

NmareBfly posted:

If you think the music is good now (and it is) just wait for the ending. It's 100% a game worth completing, for all sorts of reasons.

E: Tried to explain why, can't without spoiling. Just play it.
I hope it's another wonderful mashup song to close things out.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

IncendiaC posted:

Thank you so drat much. Holy poo poo.

Glad I put in my preorder yesterday. The wait at work tomorrow is gonna be grueling.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Did they specify if the release would be around midnight EST or PST?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It unlocks in 13 hours according to steam

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I am pumped for this game and not letting my excitement be tempered at all. Bastion is one of my all time favorite games, and if this manages to match it atmospherically even a little bit, I'll be very happy.

I watched the 18 minute preview they put out this time last year and it looks really neat mechanically. That they've had a year to expand and polish it from that point is pretty much :neckbeard:

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
If you haven't already, take a look at the difference between last year's preview and the one they showed at PAX East this year. Despite being the same level, the launch version is so much more polished.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Just because hype backlash has ruined a lot of games for me, I'm trying to keep my expectations low. "This game should be interesting" instead of "this game will blow my mind" like Bastion did.

I'm not sure how much I'm succeeding at that.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
It's midnight here why can't I play this game! :mad:

VVVV Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyy.....

Talorat fucked around with this message at 07:12 on May 20, 2014

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Not a midnight release.

https://twitter.com/SupergiantGames/status/468604962197360640

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Does it count as preordering if there's only a few hours left anyway if so I just preordered a video game for the first time ever, good on you Supergiant. :toot:

Definitely not listening to that soundtrack yet.

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
Genuinely shocked this thread isn't seeing more traction considering how good Bastion was.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

Genuinely shocked this thread isn't seeing more traction considering how good Bastion was.

There isn't a ton to discuss until the game's actually out :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

I like the robot with the red eyes and white paint job.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Even when it's out there's going to be that "Calm before the storm" where everybody is playing it before the thread explodes with comments. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until after work to play this.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I am REALLY tempted to buy it after hearing the first 20 seconds of the soundtrack... but... I REALLY oughta wait unitl I hear if the game is any good.

Edit - Getting a real... techno-noir France feel from this music.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 10:03 on May 20, 2014

Englishman alone
Nov 28, 2013
Super excited here just have to get through two exams today and tomorrow, loved Bastion and there art style. I hope they kept the little information titbits which they had in the first PAX preview the things such as (this ad was seen 3,000 times, this transistor has killed once ect.) That attention to detail is what I really loved in the previews.

I really loved the art and scif aesthetic.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

IncendiaC posted:

The full version of We All Become is exactly as sexy as I wanted it to be.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
The soundtrack is also available on Spotify now.

http://open.spotify.com/album/3vrhY9tG4lA8Z16LVGqok5

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Listen to the chill as gently caress track "Coasting". I honestly don't want to listen to the whole album so I don't spoil the endgame songs.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pre-ordered, hype as gently caress to play this tonight when I get home.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I hope this is as great as bastion (one of the best indie games ever imo).

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
If it's half as good as Bastion was I'll be happy.

YouSpoonyBard
May 10, 2007
You Killed Anna!

I'm so excited to just chew into this game. I don't know the length, I don't know much about the story details, I just know that today is going to be a very long day at work.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I dunno about you guys, but I'm not listening to that soundtrack until after I play the game, the music's pacing is important to SuperGiant's style, imo.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

... now's probably high time to clear Bastion off my backlog.

Keret
Aug 26, 2012

Soiled Meat
Well, I caved and prepurchased the game+soundtrack. I absolutely loved Bastion and this looks really great. Can't wait to dive in!

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

1stGear posted:

The full version of We All Become is exactly as sexy as I wanted it to be.

Also just as terrifying. The wording to it makes me really curious what's going on in game when that song plays.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

cat doter posted:

I dunno about you guys, but I'm not listening to that soundtrack until after I play the game, the music's pacing is important to SuperGiant's style, imo.

I don't think I would have liked the vocal songs in bastion nearly as much if I listened without playing the section of the game where it was.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I was crazy for "We All Become" on the trailers but "The Spine" has become my favorite from the soundtrack. Thank God for Spotify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Shouldn't this game be out by now? I thought Steam at least was getting a midnight release.

• Locked thread