Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

BonHair posted:

Am I the only one bothered by that computer not being a modem, and not even being remotely close to the right time period?

The right time period? What are you talking about? The "THEN" column spans a few decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

For a 56k modem, not for the then column.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

This is the best thing I've read all week. :golfclap:

I am easily amused. :negative:

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Kheldragar posted:

This is the best thing I've read all week. :golfclap:

I am easily amused. :negative:

How could it possibly be the best thing you've read all week if you can't understand the moronic anime-speak?

UNLESS....

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

How could it possibly be the best thing you've read all week if you can't understand the moronic anime-speak?

UNLESS....

Trap sprung.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

BonHair posted:

For a 56k modem, not for the then column.

It doesn't say 56k modem on it?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Fiend Computer posted:

Family friend shared this. She is also someone who is getting a liberal arts degree and constantly shares a lot of conservative "we should drug test people on welfare" or "we need to keep our the minimum wage low because gently caress the poor!" kind of stuff. It makes me feel really disappointed. :(

One should point out that most deployments are voluntary and come with fat wads of bonus pay. Also you basically live for 9+ months with zero expenses outside of maybe something like car loan payments. Plus various other perks and ways to not spend any money.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

SpazmasterX posted:

One should point out that most deployments are voluntary

As a Navy veteran I must say this is not true

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

One should point out that most deployments are voluntary and come with fat wads of bonus pay. Also you basically live for 9+ months with zero expenses outside of maybe something like car loan payments. Plus various other perks and ways to not spend any money.

This wasn't true for me in the army either.

Karma Comedian has a new favorite as of 00:04 on May 8, 2014

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
My crazy in-law sent me a message on FB to "like" her status. I think I'll pass.

I wonder if she got that from the crazy people against Obama page she likes? Of course she did! I wonder what else they have to offer the world today?

Oh.

Okay.

The page is still full of crazy, racist dicks. Good to know.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Esmerelda posted:

Not like there's any major Christian religions known for pedophiles. Oh...

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Tracula posted:

Not like there's any major Christian religions known for pedophiles. Oh...

They probably hate Catholics too, evangelicals generally hate every other denomination that isn't as wacky and crazy as they are.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

They probably hate Catholics too, evangelicals generally hate every other denomination that isn't as wacky and crazy as they are. them.

This is the truth.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

SpazmasterX posted:

There are times you can get posted to places you want, but those are incredible rare, and most involve going to a specific base for training/school/etc. But the living on base and having most expenses paid for? Yeah that's a thing. There's also the racking up of funds when you're deployed and don't have a family back home.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

They probably hate Catholics too, evangelicals generally hate every other denomination that isn't as wacky and crazy as they are.

I don't think they are too big on the Mormons, either.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Esmerelda posted:

Okay.

I actually thought that picture was from a purity ball for a second there.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Esmerelda posted:

quote:

Young goats are called "kids" thus their obsession with real children!
:lol:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

HiroProtagonist posted:

That's one of them (and actually half of the exact thing posted that I wanted to respond to :ironicat:). The one I had in mind had pictures of the artists with 'facts' listed below each one. I believe Queen was on it, as well as One Direction (maybe?). Also Taylor Swift I think.

I think this is the one you're taking about. I wouldn't recommend using it, though, since the part at the end is an incredibly lovely thing to say even as a joke.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Celery Face posted:

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. Must be the fact the people in the picture are somewhat fair-skinned.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SpazmasterX posted:

One should point out that most deployments are voluntary

Yeah I don't know where this came from at all. Although it doesn't change the fact that people who parrot "ARE TROOPS are so poorly paid" are idiots and military service actually pays very well.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Looks like those feminists we discussed at the end of the last thread really do hate contraception.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

TinTower posted:

Looks like those feminists we discussed at the end of the last thread really do hate contraception.

Okay I'll bite:

What the hell is their logic? (I use the term loosely).

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Mister Adequate posted:

Okay I'll bite:

Couple seconds on google found this gem.

http://projectmonline.com/2010/05/12/the-pill-and-feminism/

quote:

1) Like I've discussed before, I think the Pill takes away a woman's reproductive freedom by making her dependent on (usually male) doctors.

2) The Pill encourages the idea that a woman's fertile body is dangerous and needs to be subdued.

3. The Pill saddles women with the full responsibility of birth control.

So basically bullshit but whatever.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Mister Adequate posted:

Okay I'll bite:

Birth control wasn't made so that women could enjoy sex without the worry of getting pregnant. It was invented so men could have all the sex they want without worrying about having a child to support.

Women who enjoy sex are sluts and whores.

The only acceptable sex is hetero, vaginal and results in offspring.

Take your pick, I'm sure it's at least one of those. Or a combination thereof.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Fiend Computer posted:

Family friend shared this. She is also someone who is getting a liberal arts degree and constantly shares a lot of conservative "we should drug test people on welfare" or "we need to keep our the minimum wage low because gently caress the poor!" kind of stuff. It makes me feel really disappointed. :(
I hope she likes minimum wage, because if my liberal arts B.A. experience is any indication, she'll probably end up earning it.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Celery Face posted:

I was going to say the exact same thing! Evangelical Christianity isn't exactly known for being opposed to child brides or in favor of rights for young girls and women, anyhow. I always think it's hilarious when they try to mock or are outraged by other countries/religion's thoughts on the matter.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Evangelicals have plenty of their own creepy dudes to worry about (Bill Gothard, anyone?)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Mister Adequate posted:

Okay I'll bite:

A few days ago she and a few users like her were talking about how trans women shouldn't be allowed to import "dangerous" medication (that's actually essential) like oestrogen on the grey market, in the light of news of one grey-market pharmacy being effectively shut down. Including this person:

After it was pointed out to them that there's not much difference between HRT medication and contraception (as in they're both oestrogens), I would've thought they'd lay off, but nope.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

That's not a Purity Ball? It's weird how American evangelicals hate Muslims so much considering they agree with Muslim extremists on almost all points.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Sandweed posted:

That's not a Purity Ball? It's weird how American evangelicals hate Muslims so much considering they agree with Muslim extremists on almost all points.

There you go. Also brownness, but it's really the Muslim part. I'm sure they're fine with anyone so long as that person is on their side.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Sandweed posted:

They forget their Bible also contains laws allowing the stoning and deaths of non believers, and the systematic abuse of women. But they skip these pages and talk about peace and love. Not to mention Jesus was baptized as a Jew, but we better not let the facts ruin a good story...

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

I have several relatives that say that Catholics are not Christians at all.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Idiot Kicker posted:

During the big Chik fil-A debates that happened on my Facebook, I was informed that Catholics are just Pagans pretending to be Christians. Guess I missed that one when I went to Catechism as a kid.

Anyway, my fiance's friend's wife as expected had another eye incident needing her to not go into work today because she can't see and she made up for it with all these shares today:

Lucha Luch
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Squeakers coming off the top rope!
I'm.. not sure.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Idiot Kicker posted:

Pretty common belief among Evangelical Christians. Being Catholic, and living in the South, I've heard that loads from Southern Baptists.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

2-3 times a wee? How much water do they drink?

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

M_Sinistrari posted:

During the big Chik fil-A debates that happened on my Facebook, I was informed that Catholics are just Pagans pretending to be Christians. Guess I missed that one when I went to Catechism as a kid.

Anyway, my fiance's friend's wife as expected had another eye incident needing her to not go into work today because she can't see and she made up for it with all these shares today:

Tell her that when she smokes this one she's releasing all that stored CO2 back into the atmosphere.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

here are two appropriate replies to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Davison

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

I've been so smug about not having any idiots on my Facebook, and then someone I kind of knew from school posts this:

Two clicks later, my Facebook is idiot-free for another day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

vaguely posted:

I've been so smug about not having any idiots on my Facebook, and then someone I kind of knew from school posts this:

Two clicks later, my Facebook is idiot-free for another day.

Personally I would prefer everything be labelled and would choose non-halal because the animals suffer less.

• Locked thread