Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Here we go again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard

If a drug company found out celery juice lowered blood pressure, don't you think they would distill that poo poo down into pill form and patent it, then sell it to you for $3 a pill. Pretty sure most people would happily buy the pill instead of blending, then drinking down a glass of celery juice a day. Besides celery isn't exactly free, how much does that giant glass of celery juice cost a day? Looks like a whole stalk of celery in a glass. Plus the cost of labor it's going to be way over $3. My effort alone is worth more then $3.

Look, I have a garden in my yard where I grow vegetables, I understand how awesome it is to eat fresh, ripe foods. I like working outside, pulling weeds, and puttering around in nature and I think it's pretty rad. But, some people take this poo poo just way too far.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Cow guillotine, problem solved.

e:

Lap-Lem posted:

If a drug company found out celery juice lowered blood pressure, don't you think they would distill that poo poo down into pill form and patent it, then sell it to you for $3 a pill. Pretty sure most people would happily buy the pill instead of blending, then drinking down a glass of celery juice a day. Besides celery isn't exactly free, how much does that giant glass of celery juice cost a day? Looks like a whole stalk of celery in a glass. Plus the cost of labor it's going to be way over $3. My effort alone is worth more then $3.

Look, I have a garden in my yard where I grow vegetables, I understand how awesome it is to eat fresh, ripe foods. I like working outside, pulling weeds, and puttering around in nature and I think it's pretty rad. But, some people take this poo poo just way too far.

I seriously doubt that people sharing and making these images even do these things. But every jab at Big Pharma helps bring them down!

old bean factory has a new favorite as of 13:31 on May 8, 2014

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

How is the fact that someone doesn't find your constant rants against Monsanto interesting count as censorship on the part of Facebook? Speech suppression?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

vaguely posted:

I've been so smug about not having any idiots on my Facebook, and then someone I kind of knew from school posts this:

Two clicks later, my Facebook is idiot-free for another day.

"I ain't eatin' no fuckin' Hillel food, fuckin' brown people, that's fuckin' sick, that poo poo's bad for ya"

*takes bite of Big Mac, finishes second jumbo Coke*

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Lap-Lem posted:

It's like their usual argument of it's in Big Pharma's interest to not cure cancer. They completely forget that if even if a pharmaceutical company was as mustache twirlingly evil and did come up with a cure that worked on multiple forms of cancer, it'd very much be in their interests to market the hell out of that cure just to have that credit of Company that Cured Cancer and massive Nobel prizes for the scientists who worked on it. Something that big'd have them able to surf that success to the point they could hold a kick a baby for distance contest outside corporate headquarters with full media coverage and people'd still be 'but they cured Cancer'.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

sassassin posted:

Personally I would prefer everything be labelled and would choose non-halal because the animals suffer less.

non-halal and halal meat are killed exactly the same way except for the presence of someone/a-recording saying 'allah' when the animal is killed.

You (and many others) are conflating "dhabihah halal" and "halal", "dhabihah halal" meat cannot be stunned.

When meat is sold as 'halal' is it almost always NOT dhabihah halal, and thus has been killed exactly the same way as non-halal meat.

It can be convienient to conflate the two forms of halal, because it makes muslims look worse, when most muslims do not care about the super strict fundamentalist definition of halal.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

bean_shadow posted:

How is the fact that someone doesn't find your constant rants against Monsanto interesting count as censorship on the part of Facebook? Speech suppression?

https://www.change.org/petitions/the-facebook-declaration-of-independence is just cute. They demand changes to a private business, with the very severe threats of "we wont click your links and maybe we'll just go somewhere else". Why would you believe that Zuckerberg cared? Also the comments are gold:

quote:

I especially hate the pay-to-share policy. That's simply robbery. You restrict our reach, then charge us to get beyond that barrier? What crap!

"You allow me into the lobby of your hotel, but if I want to go the rooms I have to pay for them? Robbery!"

BonHair has a new favorite as of 14:05 on May 8, 2014

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

bean_shadow posted:

Because disagreeing with somebody is violating their First Amendment rights! Don't you know? Freedom of speech means I can say whatever I want with no consequences whatsoever!

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

SybilVimes posted:

non-halal and halal meat are killed exactly the same way except for the presence of someone/a-recording saying 'allah' when the animal is killed.

You (and many others) are conflating "dhabihah halal" and "halal", "dhabihah halal" meat cannot be stunned.

When meat is sold as 'halal' is it almost always NOT dhabihah halal, and thus has been killed exactly the same way as non-halal meat.

It can be convienient to conflate the two forms of halal, because it makes muslims look worse, when most muslims do not care about the super strict fundamentalist definition of halal.

It matters to Sikhs, who cannot eat any "ritually slaughtered" meat. Stunning does not come into the equation there. The vast majority of UK meat is stunned, halal or not.

Cool Web Paige
Nov 19, 2006

An old friend returns for a new thread

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
But that's not funny though, I see no jokes and I certainly am not laughing.

What happened, Funnyman. You used to be better than this. :smith:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Its ironic though, you see, and therefore funny because

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

Complaining about the Funnyman posting something not funny is like complaining about Titanic Guy talking about things involving Titanic. The point is he presents some of the most inane things imaginable as hilarious funny jokes.

Also I'm very sorry for starting this thread on a new descent into its own rear end.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

He's 100% serious.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Ignoring all others, what does this one even mean?
The statement is "6 ways to know it's GMO"
Is it saying that growing it yourself and buying non-gmo foods is gmo? :psyduck:

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

He's 100% serious.

I can't help but wonder what people who believe this kind of crap actually think life here in Japan looks like right now. Like, is it supposed to be some radioactive hellhole filled with horrible mutations and tentacled monstrosities man was not meant to see?

Because that's just Akihabara.

Rogue 7 has a new favorite as of 18:08 on May 8, 2014

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Postal Parcel posted:

Ignoring all others, what does this one even mean?
The statement is "6 ways to know it's GMO"
Is it saying that growing it yourself and buying non-gmo foods is gmo? :psyduck:

It might make sense if I was one of those All Natural All Organic Whole Foods is Life types.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Rogue 7 posted:

I can't help but wonder what people who believe this kind of crap actually think life here in Japan looks like right now. Like, is it supposed to be some radioactive hellhole filled with horrible mutations and tentacled monstrosities man was not meant to see?

I've asked that of one crazy I know. Her response was about how even the Japanese government is covering it up so your average person in Japan just doesn't know that Fukushima prefecture is a glowing cinder somehow.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rogue 7 posted:

Japan is only Tokyo, right? It's all one big city, and Pripyat was a city, and it's evacuated. How is this any different?

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

I wanted to leave the first name, but she has kind of an uncommon name so it'd be pretty easy to find on first name only. But I left the 'a' un-blocked out so you can really get the full effect of this post.

No, I didn't gently caress up the image editing. Her name only has one a in it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

*is 32*
*single*
*lives at home with family still*
*angry*

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
What the hell does cultural marxism even mean? It seems to just be a buzz word that gets thrown around to say "I do not like [thing]".

made of bees
May 21, 2013
It's a term actually used in Marxist thought but yeah a lot of people just use it to make 'not being a bigoted reactionary moron' sound scary.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Deltasquid posted:

What the hell does cultural marxism even mean? It seems to just be a buzz word that gets thrown around to say "I do not like [thing]".

It's origin, as a slur, is a conspiracy theory from a US fundamentalist Christian Preacher (I forget the name) that states immigration and political correctness are a ploy to use muslims to destroy western civilisation (the oldest versions of this conspiracy theory explicitly states the Jews are behind this plot) so it can reliably used as an indicator the person is either an idiot or a massive arsehole.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Lap-Lem posted:

I'm more curious as to why it needs to be a juice? Why not just eat a stalk of celery instead of throwing it into a blender and dirtying up a bunch of dishes.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Leper Residue posted:

I'm more curious as to why it needs to be a juice? Why not just eat a stalk of celery instead of throwing it into a blender and dirtying up a bunch of dishes.

It's how you extract the ~vitamins~

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Well you see, the human body has no other way to crush and separate the cellulose from the ~nutrients~ so we have to use technology to do it for us.

This is very different than putting it into a pill because,

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Leper Residue posted:

Because juice is literally magic. Apparently. I don't know, I know people who religiously juice all sorts of stuff because reasons and nutrients. A lot of it goes back to wellness centers and stuff like "this particular blend of juices will cure X ailment and rebalance Y thing." It comes down to marketing; juice companies managed to convince people that juice is magic so a lot of people have glommed onto it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

HairyManling posted:

Tell her that when she smokes this one she's releasing all that stored CO2 back into the atmosphere.

Many strains of cannabis are actually bred to produce very little THC and focus on the production of hemp fiber, which is pretty useful for things that aren't eating your weight in nachos. So it's not all that stupid. The rest of those images make up for it, though.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
So the fact that I like V8 juice means that I will never get sick or get cancer?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Darth Freddy posted:

So the fact that I like V8 juice means that I will never get sick or get cancer?

*bops a terminal, nearly skeletal kid on his deathbed*

Could'a had a V8!

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Darth Freddy posted:

Liking V8 is its own sickness

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

CoasterMaster posted:

I wanted to leave the first name, but she has kind of an uncommon name so it'd be pretty easy to find on first name only. But I left the 'a' un-blocked out so you can really get the full effect of this post.

No, I didn't gently caress up the image editing. Her name only has one a in it

I have three A's in my name. Guess that means I'm triple as beautiful and intelligent and I'll live to 100+, haha gently caress all y'all :smug:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

I have three A's in my name. Guess that means I'm triple as beautiful and intelligent and I'll live to 100+, haha gently caress all y'all :smug:

I have four. But I'm a guy. What does that mean for me?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Check your crotch again... M'lady.

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It implies an affinity with ducks. That is all.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So... Does she not know how to spell her own name? What's with the discrepancy between her claiming to have two a's when her name is clearly listed with only one?

Because someone miscounting letters in their own name while postig something asserting they are of superior intelligence is delicious.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Drunk Nerds posted:

So... Does she not know how to spell her own name? What's with the discrepancy between her claiming to have two a's when her name is clearly listed with only one?

Because someone miscounting letters in their own name while postig something asserting they are of superior intelligence is delicious.

Maybe she's including her middle name? But anyone who posts on facebook some terrible image stating they are intelligent due to letters in their name, probably isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010

SybilVimes posted:

This poo poo again. (At least) In Canada, all halal meat "dhabihah" or otherwise, is not stunned before it is killed, whereas non-halal meat is.

• Locked thread