Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I still like the SNES version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i'm. so. cool. come. get. some.

VermiciousKnid84
May 28, 2004
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Some gaming sites are interpreting comments written by Nintendo in Thursday's annual financial report to mean that more Mario Kart 8 DLC is on the way. Here's the passage in question:

Nintendo posted:

(2) Outlook for fiscal year ending March 31, 2016
For "Nintendo 3DS" and "Wii U," in addition to maintaining the performance of already-released titles with strong sales
potential, new titles will continue to be introduced in order to further expand the installed bases. Specifically, by
sequentially introducing additional download content for blockbuster titles such as "Mario Kart 8" and "Super Smash Bros.
for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U," we aim to keep these titles played more actively.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150507e.pdf

I'm not sure that's what it means though. It could be referring to the DLC packs already released. The second pack was technically released in FY 2015, so money from that pack could be impacting FY 2015 revenue. And, it doesn't make sense that Nintendo would be using this occasion to announce more DLC, you know? That would probably come in a Nintendo Direct.

In any case, though, I WANT TO BELIEVE.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

next DLC they are going to release battle maps

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

They need to keep releasing faster DLC. I want to play at least 300cc if not more.

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
200cc Mirror mode.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
if you think 200cc is fast, just wait for 2000cc

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Give me 25cc. Maybe then I can win races.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
1CC. It's just a triathlon.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

VermiciousKnid84 posted:

Some gaming sites are interpreting comments written by Nintendo in Thursday's annual financial report to mean that more Mario Kart 8 DLC is on the way. Here's the passage in question:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150507e.pdf

I'm not sure that's what it means though. It could be referring to the DLC packs already released. The second pack was technically released in FY 2015, so money from that pack could be impacting FY 2015 revenue. And, it doesn't make sense that Nintendo would be using this occasion to announce more DLC, you know? That would probably come in a Nintendo Direct.

In any case, though, I WANT TO BELIEVE.

I think you're on the right track VermiciousKnid84. That entire report consistently refers to the concept of "evergreen" games, and even states that as opposed to focusing on immediate sales Nintendo wants to focus on games selling more over a long lifetime. I think it's a good move for Nintendo.

The question is, what could they do for Mario Kart 8? More tracks, characters and custom parts like they've been doing of course. Maybe other modes like 200cc, but except for like Mirror 200cc I can't imagine what they would be. Of course a real Battle Mode would be awesome, and if all they need to make it work would be Battle-Mode focused maps hopefully Nintendo would go for it. Maybe other upgrades and improvements to the online multiplayer?

Just like the Super Smash Bros. character vote, if this is the direction Nintendo is going I hope they'll open feedback channels for all their games to assist with developing additional content.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Theta Zero posted:

1CC. It's just a triathlon.

Only if all the Mario characters become insufferable douchebags, like real triathletes.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

give us motorized snowboards and 1080cc

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This was the image used in their briefing. It was referring to pack 2.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

give us motorized snowboards and 1080cc

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

gently caress snowboards, give everyone an F-Zero machine. This game is already halfway there to being F-Zero with weapons.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My E3 MK8 wish is that the characters in the next DLC are Captain Toad/Cat Toad/Mummy Toad because I always play the DLC characters like twice then go back to Toad/Toadette

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would also settle for baby toad

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Metal Juigi, Metal Wario, Metal Waluigi, Metal Bowser, Metal Lakitu, Green Gold Rosalina.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Dizz posted:

Green Gold Rosalina

Oxidized copper Rosalina

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you loving racist

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Where's Kamek you fucks. Gimme Kamek and Boo and a Whomp or something.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Endorph posted:

you loving racist

Besides, it's spelled 'Jewigi' and that guy is just, the worst.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For real though, Kirby pack and a Pokemon pack would be my guess for potential future DLC.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

For real though, Kirby pack and a Pokemon pack would be my guess for potential future DLC.

Kirby, Dedede, and Nightmare as racers, tia.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I hope they really do add more racers & tracks to Mario Kart 8, because otherwise there's no more Mario Kart to look forward to until there's a new console out.

If they do have more content packs, I hope they keep going with pulling non-Mario properties into the mix. Samus driving a go-kart version of her ship, with her giant baby pet metroid popping out as a glider, zipping around a Zebes track? Maybe a Pikmin track where everything is giant? Perhaps an Earthbound/Mother themed track just to rub more salt into that wound for those fans.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Robot Hobo posted:

I hope they really do add more racers & tracks to Mario Kart 8, because otherwise there's no more Mario Kart to look forward to until there's a new console out.

If they do have more content packs, I hope they keep going with pulling non-Mario properties into the mix. Samus driving a go-kart version of her ship, with her giant baby pet metroid popping out as a glider, zipping around a Zebes track? Maybe a Pikmin track where everything is giant? Perhaps an Earthbound/Mother themed track just to rub more salt into that wound for those fans.

Oh my god oh my godddd those sound so cool stop hurting my feelings with the knowledge I will never have that Metroid glider :negative:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Metroid track should be Phendrana Drifts. You should be able to pull off sick drifts on it.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Splatoon track where you can only go anti-gravity on ink, and more of the level gets inked over the course of three laps so more routes open up.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Alabaster White posted:

Where's Kamek you fucks. Gimme Kamek and Boo and a Whomp or something.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
I've seen that picture several times now, yet I've only just noticed Toad's weird noodle arms.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Icedude posted:

Splatoon track where you can only go anti-gravity on ink, and more of the level gets inked over the course of three laps so more routes open up.

Inklings with rollers as track hazards you have to avoid

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Icedude posted:

We need Splatoon in both Mario Kart and Smash Bros, Shigsy hear our prayer

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

We need Splatoon in both Mario Kart and Smash Bros, Shigsy hear our prayer

Actually Inkling Mii Gunner outfits are coming to Smash.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

you loving racist

What's racist about Whoigi?

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I really love Mario Kart 8. It is probably my favorite Wii U title right now (and that has to compete with Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors).

Is there anyway to "keep" more than 6 favorite replays in Mario Kart TV using some sort of save trickery? Like, could I make a "copy" of my Mario Kart 8 save data to an external hard drive, and if I ever want to watch those 6 "archived" replays again I could plug that hard drive back in?

I really don't like using the word epic because it is so overused, but I have 6 epic replays and I don't have the heart to delete one of them :( I want to save more replays to preserve my legacy!

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Spectacle Rock posted:

I really don't like using the word epic because it is so overused, but I have 6 epic replays

Why not just use a different word, like "amazing".

Also sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Why not just upload the replays to youtube? You can't edit them anymore but at least you have something.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Dizz posted:

Why not just upload the replays to youtube? You can't edit them anymore but at least you have something.

Not a bad idea; I'll consider it. The lame part is you can only upload a maximum of 60 seconds using Youtube. I really want to save the entire race.

I just want to save more replays that 6 Nintendo. That's not asking too much; just let me save/export them to a hard drive or SD Card or something :cry:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Captain Falcon needs to be in this game

Also make a Fire Emblem pack or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Suaimhneas posted:

Inklings with rollers as track hazards you have to avoid

Real time cross-game online where in Splatoon players need to avoid oncoming karts, and in MK8 players need to avoid players while using ink splats as speed boosters.

• Locked thread