Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

thompson posted:

Holy lord this league is going to be crazy.

Prepare for :bunt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Popete posted:

Prepare for :bunt:

You prepare for :bunt: i'm the loving padres

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Welp, I'm gonna buy a PS4 fairly soon almost entirely for this game, so assuming nobody cares that I can't play a game until this weekend I'll be in as the Diamondbacks. PSN: Lordsaber

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Welp, that's 30.

december gets the Phillies by default.

I'll get everything set up tonight and start sending out invites. Hopefully everybody has the game by the weekend and we can start next week.

It'll be an open schedule, meaning you can play any opponent at any time. What that means in practice is that a few people will have a lot of their games done really fast and we're going to wind up waiting on stragglers, but them the breaks.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

How will the pitching rotations work?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

ForbiddenWonder posted:

How will the pitching rotations work?

The game whacks a guys stamina after he pitches a game. It slowly recovers over the next few games so he'll be back to full in 3-4-5 games (depends on the players stats) so you'll have no choice but to go down the line as you play your games, unless you want to throw a gassed starter out there who will throw nothing but meatballs.

This is kinda small, but see the green line under each pitcher stats line?

Cole Hammels just pitched a game so his stamina hasn't yet recovered. Roy Halladay pitched in the recent past, but isin't back to 100% yet. If you pitch him again he'll probably get rocked.

e: I know the screen shot is from 13, but it's the same mechanic.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 7, 2014

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Just like ranked online then, sweet. I thought that was a cool feature.

dadgummit
Dec 14, 2012

like a baby's bottom, smooth and sometimes...
explosive
What's gonna be the policy on signing free agents? Havent looked at the astros roster yet but I'm sure I'll want to pick up one or two.

Also I'd prefer not to have pitch guessing but it's not a deal breaker

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I don't know. Is the pool even that deep? I haven't looked. The last time we did this we limited it to one FA per team, but we only had like 10 people playing, not 30. At least we won't have to worry about people breaking the CPU trade logic.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So are we considering doing a full auto-draft? Else limiting FA's or not having them is probably better to avoid adding complexity to a 30 team league.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Can we even use OS rosters in an online league? Would be neat

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If anyone is looking for pitching the Angels are looking for a SS.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

davecrazy posted:

I don't know. Is the pool even that deep? I haven't looked. The last time we did this we limited it to one FA per team, but we only had like 10 people playing, not 30. At least we won't have to worry about people breaking the CPU trade logic.

there's a few decent mid 70's guys like Stephen Drew and OCTAVIO DOTEL

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ForbiddenWonder posted:

there's a few decent mid 70's guys like Stephen Drew and OCTAVIO DOTEL

it's the race for Kendrys Morales

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Well use the Knights roster for full minors.

I sent out the 1st batch of invites. If you haven't logged into the game yet I can't send you one.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

jabro posted:

If anyone is looking for pitching the Angels are looking for a SS.

I'll shop Everth but it might take a bit. PM me.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I (braves) have SP out the rear end. Looking for CF, RP, 2nd base.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Twins obviously need SP. Not sure who I would deal yet though, take a look.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Indians will probably need starting pitching.

Also I'm going to go down the list and add anyone who is not on my friends list already.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

davecrazy posted:

If you haven't logged into the game yet I can't send you one.

Do we need to have launched the game in general, or a specific mode?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
How does this game handle growth of players? Is there harm in calling up guys from the minors too early? I've never finished a season in the Show and only started playing it last year.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

mikeycp posted:

Do we need to have launched the game in general, or a specific mode?

Just do anything that makes it talk to the show servers.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

davecrazy posted:

Just do anything that makes it talk to the show servers.

Such as.......

(I'm both bad a fake baseball *and* I'm dumb as a post!)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lumpy posted:

Such as.......

(I'm both bad a fake baseball *and* I'm dumb as a post!)

Try accessing diamond dynasty. If your PS4 is connected to the internet when you start the game it should already communicate with the server when it tries to get roster updates.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I know nothing about the Mariners except they have Robinson Cano and Felix Hernandez.

In fact, my knowledge outside of the Giants is extremely limited.

This will be FUN.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

NNick posted:

I know nothing about the Mariners except they have Robinson Cano and Felix Hernandez.

This will be FUN.

I mean that's really all you need to know about the Mariners.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

NNick posted:

This will be FUN.

Then it's my duty to tell you those guys suck and I'll graciously take them off your hands for defensive superstar Erick Aybar.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Popete posted:

I mean that's really all you need to know about the Mariners.

Smoak, great or greatest young talent in the game?

dadgummit
Dec 14, 2012

like a baby's bottom, smooth and sometimes...
explosive
Astros really need relief pitching and at least a left fielder, if not a right fielder as well. I have a SS or two and a closer I'd be willing to part with.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Everyone is aware that we need to play 30 games *each* per season, right?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
this server stability is loving garbage, I can't even stay in long enough to configure my settings

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

They're taking it down at midnight EST to fix that apparently.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

davecrazy posted:

Everyone is aware that we need to play 30 games *each* per season, right?

That is better than 162 games. I figure at a 3-4 games a week it'll take around 2 months to finish a season.

This is less of an investment than the OOTP leagues I've tried to do.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It could be useful to put each players likely playtime schedule for the week up. Like pick a few days/times of when you'll likely be free and throw that up in the OP. Also list your timezone.

Might help people match up times tentatively when the play schedule is up.

idiotface
Jul 24, 2003

Wow didn't expect sign ups to go that quickly. I'll be on the wait list psn Xbox_user.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Hekk posted:

That is better than 162 games. I figure at a 3-4 games a week it'll take around 2 months to finish a season.

This is less of an investment than the OOTP leagues I've tried to do.

Frankly, I never imagined we'd get a full 30. I thought we'd have 10-12 tops. A 10 person round robin would go quick. It might make sense to think about a league format where the player base is split in half and those 15 just beat up on each other. That might cut the number of games to a more reasonable level.

Only drawback is that I'd have to close the current setup and reform it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think 2 leagues would be more manageable, just split them AL/NL.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

NNick posted:

This will be FUN.

Wait a minute, you! Aren't I using the Mariners?

At least I know nothing about them too!

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
6 goddamn days until I can get my hands on this puppy, I can't wait that long :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait for this to start.

The worst part? I'm going on vacation back to Minnesota for 2 weeks on the 14th and I'm highly considering bringing my PS4 with instead of autoing games :suicide:

• Locked thread