Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

The Gay Bean posted:

You just want to make sure that the carrier supports GSM (phones with sim cards). Some carriers still use some variant of CDMA, and only phones they sell will work on their network because the phone doesn't have a slot for a sim; it's programmed by people in phone stores. GSM is more common, and I doubt that there wouldn't be any GSM carriers, but it's worth mentioning.

It looks like literally every country in the world has a GSM network ( http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html ). I actually did not know there were two "types" of GSM, but as far as I can tell the difference between them is 100% invisible to an end user. Based on a few other websites it does not look like there is any country that doesn't have at least one GSM provider, even North Korea.

In any case there are tons of providers in Morocco that will be dirt cheap so the OP should have no issue. Just walk around the street in whatever the first city you are in is and buy a SIM there. You won't be screwed by the vendor because the guy in the shop doesn't set the rates on your data charges, although I imagine he will try to sell you whatever the most expensive one is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Its Miller Time posted:

My boss wants an international phone card he can use with local landlines in Panama to dial to the U.S.

I've found:

http://www.callingcards.com/shopping/rate_table1.asp?GUID=A6D231C0CA956045932A6DEBCAE390C3

Is this legit/correct?

Wow, international phone cards are still a thing that exist? Next you're going to tell me you've found a payphone outside a museum.

• Locked thread