Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Punisher, Frank Castle

"What? NO DON'T YOU IDIOT" But it is too late. He can only watch as goddamn Deadpool drives away like crazy towards the incoming robot soldiers. "I hope at least he makes a good distracti-" It is at this moment that the laser fire almost wrecks his vehicle. Hopefully the van was a copy Mojo made from earth, and not his real van. But The Punisher was used to bleak disappointments about everything.

Frank Castle comes out of the invisibility spell with his minigun blazing towards the robotic horde, the rotating gun spewing ungodly amounts of deadly bullets on his enemies. Extremely pissed off, he roars as he keeps his finger pressed on the trigger. "YOU METAL PIECES OF poo poo! IT'S PUNISHING TIME! DOCTOR STRANGE LAUNCH FIREBALLS AT THEM OR SOMETHING!!"

Dice Pool: Team D6 Former Marine D8 Weapon 2D10 Minigun D10 Combat Master D10

I'll use one of the opportunities to activate SFX: Take Your Shot, and double up my Weapon die

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4497809/
1d6 = 2
1d8 = 3
4d10 = 10,9,6,2

I pick 10 and 9 so my total is 19. Effect dice is a d10.

I choose Doctor Strange next, hopefully I didn't gently caress up anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The robots are ill-prepared for the sudden appearance of The Punisher and his mini-gun. Frank aims as best he can with a weapon meant to be mounted to a helicopter, knowing that indiscriminately firing may further damage his van (and kill Deadpool, though it's unclear if Frank weighted that option in his head) and pulls the trigger. With a whir, the minigun spins to life, and begins to spit lead out in a steady stream.

Frank's aim is true, and one of the robots staggers and jerks backwards, its metal hide shredded by bullets. It beeps slowly and forlornly as it begins to slump, and its head is blown clean off. Punisher lets the gun spin down and glances around. One down, thirty-five to go.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4497945/ 7 and 8 for 15, d10 effect die; Punisher beats it, and one of the horde drops to 11d8.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Doctor Strange

"Fireballs?" Strange asks as he takes sight at the encroaching robots, "I'm afraid the magic I wield is far above your conception of it, Mr. Castle!" Approaching the robots, knowing Wilm's Warding defends him from their sight if he's smart (unlike Deadpool), Strange begins his work. Extending his 7th sense out, Doctor Strange tries to find the ley lines of mystical power that flow through Mojo's realm. Finding one right below the feet of the robots, Strange extends his hands and cries out in a large voice: "Feel Ernalda's Embrace and sink into the earth!" His magic races out and flows into the ground below the robots, tapping into the ley line to transmute the ground into a sinking morass the robots cannot escape from. Though tempted, he manfully resists the urge to yell out "See how the Supreme Sorcery works!"

Using Alliterative Invocations along with Multipower and Area Attack to create "Sinking Earth" complication for the robots: 1d8 Team=4, 1d4 Earth's Arcane Defender(+1 PP)=3, SUPREME SORCERY 1d12=1, Transmutation 1d10=4, Mystic Senses 1d12=2, Mystic Master 1d10=1, Invocation+Area Attack 3d6=1,6,1, Wilm's Warding 1d10=7, Bishop's Plan 1d6=6 == 7+6+6(-1 PP), Effect Die d12, d10(d8+step), and d10

Edit: Because I misunderstood how I was targeting - 9d6=6, 3, 6, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 5 which end up being the rest of my effect dice against mob 1

Tagging robot mob 1!

Friar John fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 11, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The Sorcerer Supreme shows why he is titled as such, his cape billowing as he draws a tremendous amount of arcane energy to him. He channels the power through the very ground, and quickly the earth beneath the robots turns into a mire. The robots all sink and very quickly, unable to move out of the way in time; five of the robots sink all the way up to their necks before the ground solidifies around them. The others merely have their feet stuck in the ground, though it's likely they could easily get free.

Whirling around to face the Punisher and Strange, the robots make a quick tactical assessment; whoever in the van is likely dead, and so they decide to instead concentrate fire on the two heroes that have already inflicted harm upon them. Raising their laser rifles they hose the area around both Frank and Stephen with their laser blasts.

Buying up Strange's opportunities; taking 6 to make 2d10 and one to make a d4 into a d6, giving him 3 PP since I bought them in groups.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4497973/ 8 and 7, d10 die, for 15; not good enough to beat Strange. 11d8 drops to 6d8, and adds a d8 'Stuck in the Ground' complication.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4497982/ 5, 6, and 7 for 18; d10 effect die for Strange and d8 for Punisher, and one opportunity. Spent my new d6 to keep an extra die. Using 'Cast of Thousands' SFX to attack multiple targets, gaining 1d6 per target and keeping an extra effect die. I am inflicting physical stress. (Dropping the last 3 and 6 from the d8 roll due to Strange having knocked out more than I thought.)

After Punisher and Strange defend, Iron Jonah is up.

NOTE: You can add the d8 complications on Mob 1 on your rolls! Also, if you roll a 1 on any die, you cannot use that die as an effect die, or even count it in your total.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 11, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

1 PP, 4 XP, D10 stress

Now this is one situation The Punisher has a LOT of experience in. Getting shot by many enemies and trying to avoid actually getting hurt. However all those times it was against regular criminals, terrorists or soldiers. But it wouldn't be too hard against robots with lasers would it now?

Since he doesn't have any human shield to grab and stay behind, Frank tries to find any possible cover while making use of Strange's invisibility spell and hopefully avoid getting a laser blast in the chest.

Pool Dice for Defense: D6 Team D8 Former Marine D8 Enhanced Durability D10 Combat Master D6 strategy D10 Wilm's Warding D8 Robots stuck in earth

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4498017/
2d6 = 5,3
3d8 = 5,4,1
2d10 = 2,1

Picking 5 and 5 for Total 10. Effect dice d8

frajaq fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 11, 2014

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

Strange, seeing the robots target his general area, attempts to evade their attacks by taking to the air. However, their sensors must have detected the distortions his movements cause, and their bolts of light come faaar too close to home for Stephen's liking. Only the most intense mystic concentration prevents him from being blasted out of the sky, but it's a drat close shave.

I used Flight.

Never. A. loving. Gain. Spending 1 PP to bump my roll to 15 so I only take the d10 stress.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Strange and Punisher are now at d10 physical stress. I'm buying Strange's 2 opportunities to boost my d4 to a d8; he gains his PP back.

Astus as Iron Jonah is up next.

e: Initiative Roster
Deadpool
Squirrel Girl
Iron Jonah

Bishop <--- UP NEXT
Doctor Strange
Shocker
Punisher
Mob 1 6d8
Mob 2 8d8

e: And since I can't help but hear Friar John's posts in Dr. Orpheus from Venture Brother's voice, just imagine the Mojo bots all look like HELPeR.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 12, 2014

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
J. Jonah Jameson
Team d6, No Stress, 1 PP, 0 XP

Well, that's one idiot down. Doesn't look like the Punisher or Dr. Strange are having a good time either. And like hell J. Jonah Jameson is going to pay for medical bills. Which means he needs a way to deflect those lasers. Magnets deflect lasers, right? Sure, let's go with that.

While the bots are focusing on Punisher and Strange, and while that spell makes it almost impossible for the bots to see what JJJ is doing, Iron Jonah pumps energy through out his suit, creating a magnetic field. Hopefully, anyway, he hasn't read the User's Manual yet.

Using Gadgets to create a Magnetic Shield asset.
Team d6 +Short-Tempered d4 (+1 PP)+Gadgets d8+Wilm's Warding d10+A Gadget for Everything d6+Stunt d8(-1 PP)
Total is 15, Effect is d10 because of A Gadget for Everything. Gonna keep my last PP, just in case.

if this action fails by 5 or more, I will create a d10 complication on myself because of the Wrong Button limit. Let's hope that doesn't happen. Squirrel Girl, Save Us!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Jonah, a man without much knowledge in the fields of science or technology, barely understands what he is doing with a suit created by the most brilliant mind in the fields of both robotics and weapon development. A rudimentary understanding of electricity, metal, and magnetism gives way to the head of the Daily Bugle to decide that magnetizing his suit is quite possibly the best idea he can come up with for defending himself against the robots.

Unfortunately, magnetizing a suit does not work in the way Jonah thinks it does. He succeeds in creating a powerful magnetic field on the suit, and for a moment all seems right. Then he hears the faint tinkling of metal on metal, and notices that the Punisher's spent shell casings are flying through the air and adhering to his suit.

Not exactly the outcome you'd like against super strong metallic robots.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4498048/ 8, 8, and 5 with a d10 effect die; the asset is instead turned into a d10 'Magnetically Attractive Suit' complication

Spent a d8 from the doom pool to keep an extra die.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Squirrel Girl
Plot Points: 0 | Experience Points: 0

Doreen looks to the others from her spot atop the van. "I don't know this Bishop fellow either, but we have to work as a teeeeeaaaa-"

Her words trail off as the van tails off, and she sways, trying to keep her balance... until it crashes on account of Deadpool, and she's flung forward towards the hood. Her tail catches Frank's roof-mounted minigun, though, and she comes to a sudden stop. Hanging down in front of the ruined windshield, she narrows her eyes at Deadpool.

"And that's why you fasten your safety belt!", she says to Deadpool as if giving a public service announcement, before swaying back to her feet. Springing up to the top of the set, she dashes along the camera and mic supports to get high ground over their foes. As she runs along them, the squirrels fall into a loose formation behind her as she moves above one of the robot hordes. But one squirrel is one squirrel too many...

And then the supports suddenly collapse under too much weight! Doreen and a good number of squirrels tumble into a crowd of robots, crashing into them in a way that that's pointedly unplanned.

Attacking an undamaged robot goon squad: Team d10 + Mojovisions Production Studio d4 (+1 PP) + Squirrel Control d8 (activating Claws) + A Mass of Fur and Teeth 3d6 + Combat Master d10 + They're Everywhere! 12d6 = 14 with effect dice of d12 + d8 + (d6 x 10) and 2 opportunities, bumping her back up to 1 PP and earning 1 XP as well.

But she's up again! She lashes out in a frantic blur, like a cornered animal, but with uncommon speed and fury. On the other hand, her squirrels run between the robots' feet, leaping up at them. And if there's an exposed or weak point in the robots, her squirrels can find it!... if there is one, anyway.

"You get away from these people!", she calls out as she draws a spur and tries to punch it right into a robot's neck-equivalent. "Most of them may be criminals, but this is clearly cruel and unusual punishment!"

Also, did I shift the Ratings at all with my previous action attacking the cameras with a stunt? Keeping my milestones in order.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Without a chance to track one of the targets escaping the van, the robots merely look up in confusion at the sudden noises above them, before the light riggings above them crash down, instantly taking one of them out. In the confusion, Squirrel Girl is able to move with great agility between the robots, driving spurs into their thin necks while her squirrels gnaw at very important exposed wires. When all is said and done and she and her mass of fur collect themselves, only eight of the robots remain.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4498410/ 7 + 7 with d8 effect die, I tie and so Squirrel girl wins; she destroys 4 robots, bringing it down to 8d8. I also gave her two opportunities, and I am buying her two for 2d6 and giving her 2 PP.

Also, I am considering everyone to have activated the 3 XP milestone since they've affected the ratings. Right now it's a d8 Good Ratings, since there's a LOT of collateral damage but it's hard to see. I've changed the XP totals to reflect this.

Alien Rope Burn, you need to name either Bishop or Mob 2 as acting next.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Whups, really sorry. Let's go with Mob 2.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
It takes a moment for the Mojodroids to recover from Doreen's assault, reasserting themselves as a unit. They turn on Squirrel Girl, their rifles raised, but the robots pause. ~*KZZT*~ RISK ANALYSIS UNDERWAY, POTENTIAL FOR CROSSFIRE AND FRIENDLY FIRE INCIDENT, ~*KZZT* SWITCHING TO MODE: KOREA ULTRA NIGERIA GRAND FOX ULTRA. ~*KZZT~*

The robots lower their lasers as one, raising their metallic hands and moving towards the Squirrel Girl, their limbs a'flailing. It's obvious the robots weren't specifically programmed to excel in melee combat, but when one strikes a fallen girder to demonstrate its strength and places a nice divot in it, they show that their lack of skill is overly compensated in their enhanced strength.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4498506/ 6 and 6 for 12, with d8 effect die; Squirrel Girl has two opportunities she can use.

Bishop is up next! Werix, since you're the last in line, you can even name yourself to act FIRST in the next round, giving you two attacks.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Squirrel Girl
Plot Points: 3 | Experience Points: 4

Squirrel Girl is weaves out of the way, before ducking under a fallen catwalk. Thankfully, though they divet the catwalk, they don't shatter it, giving her shelter. Meanwhile, squirrels leap on toe faces - well, optic sensors - to try and distract them!

But then, the catwalk is taking a battering, and finally gives way. Squirrel Girl springs from under it, avoiding getting hit by just a tail - literally speaking - and then bends out of the way of an incoming robot strike as she reaches into a bag at her side, before pulling out a small metal wrench and flinging it!

The wrench tumbles dramatically end-over-end past several robots, before being caught by Tippy-Toe, who holds it triumphantly over her squirrely head.

"Go for their nuts, Tippy-Toe!", she calls out, seemingly unaware of the implications of such a statement.

Rolling to defend! - Team d10 + Mojovisions Production Studio d4 (+1 PP / XP) + Enhanced Agility d8 + A Mass of Fur and Teeth 3d6 + Combat Master 2d8 = 17 with a d8 and one opportunity.. That gets get 1 PP and 1 XP. Then, spending a PP gained to create an d8 Conveniently-Sized Wrench resource with Tech Master.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Bishop

Bishop watches the hot mess of what is going on, and it takes everything he has to not sigh uncontrollably. Apparently when you take some of the strongest Metas known to man, and Jameson, and you throw them together, you get absolutely nothing. Still someone had to do something.

Not planning on being an idiot and stepping outside the invisibility sphere, he draws his future-tech gun. The plus side of the gun, besides being from the future, was the Fact that Bishop could channel his pent up energy into the gun, which he does as he aims at the group of robots Squirrel Girl is not encounter; he doesn't want to fry any of the critters.

Okay, first time building a dice pool, let's see if I got this. 1d8 from team, 1d4 from distinction (so I can pocket a PP) 1d8 from Guns power, 1d8 from combat expert, 1d8 from good ratings, 1d10 from Wilm's Warding, and my 1d6 sound plan gets me, 4d8, 1d4, 1d10, 1d6.

4d8, 1d4, 1d10, 1d6=[6, 3, 5, 8], [2], [2], [6]

Going to pick the 8,6, and spend a plot point to pick the other 6 for a total of 20, and using the D10 as my effect die.

Uhm, one of the robit hordes next.

Werix fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 12, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
As the smaller group of robots marches towards Strange and Punisher to finish them off, Bishop takes aim and fires a single, masterful shot, completely destroying the head of one of the Mojodroids in a gout of flame. It continues to walk for a moment before simply falling forward, sparking and shuddering.

In spite of their metal colleague falling, the five remaining robots raise their weapons and open fire on the wounded Punisher. Risk assessment placed the heavily armed vigilante as number one on the list, with Strange trailing behind. This signal is sent to the second group of robots who turn and join their others in a chorus of laser fire against Stephen Strange and Frank Castle.

Naming Mob 2 to go next after Mob 1, and then Punisher after Mob 2.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4499079/ 8 and 8 for 16 with d10 effect die, Bishop drops the mob to 5d8. I also rolled an opportunity.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4499082/ 8 and 7 for 15, d10 effect die; rolled an opportunity Punisher can use.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4499083/ 8 and 8 for 16, d10 effect die; rolled an opportunity for Strange to use.

Initiative Roster
Deadpool
Squirrel Girl
Iron Jonah
Bishop
Doctor Strange
Shocker
Punisher <--- UP NEXT
Mob 1 5d8
Mob 2 8d8

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So there it is. A scorch blast right in the middle of his chest, carving a hole in the big rear end white skull in his black shirt. It hurts like hell to speak but he does it anyway. "That does it. You robots finally managed to piss me off. I can't guarantee what happens next." He slowly rises and tries to avoid even more laser fire going in his direction. He then readies his minigun again, but this time he also picks a few frag grenades. If goddamn squirrels can bring these robots down so can grenades hopefully.

Using SFX: Welcome Back, Frank to step up my D10 physical stress to D12 and move it to the doom pool

Pool Dice for Defense: D6 Team D8 Former Marine D8 Enhanced Durability D10 Combat Master D6 strategy D10 Wilm's Warding D8 Robots stuck in earth

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4499092/
2d6 = 2,6
3d8 = 1,4,2
2d10 = 1,4

Picking 6 and 4, spending a PP to pick a further 4 and make my total 14. Effect dice is d10.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Just like before, but even more pissed off, Frank Castle hoses down the robot group that Bishop just attacked with more bullets from his minigun, but this time he fires in a few bursts, then throwing a grenade, and resuming firing. Repeat until these goddamn robots are dead on the ground.

Dice Pool: Team D6 Explosives 4D6 Former Marine D8 Good Ratings D8 Weapon 2D10 Minigun D10 Combat Master D10

I'll use the opportunity to activate SFX: Take Your Shot, and double up my Weapon die

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4499094/
5d6 = 3,6,4,1,1
2d8 = 8,8
4d10 = 8,9,1,7

I pick 8 and 9 for total 17, effect dice are 3D10, D8 and D6

I'm choosing Doctor Strange to be next in turn

frajaq fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 12, 2014

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

Seeing the incoming attack, Doctor Strange calls upon his magical arts to change the very air in front of himself into a shield of force, that he might be protected from the onslaught! In the back of his mind he realizes that although Mojo's audience might not be able to see him, they WILL be able to see his magic at work, and a small part of him did enjoy the publicity and shuddered at the thought of being shown up by the mechanical minions of Mojo!

Spending a PP on Dyne's opportunity to make my magic shield stunt a d10, also using Multipower. Team d8=5; Arcane Defender d8=7; Transmutation d10=3; Enhanced Durability d8=2; Mystic Master d10=2; Wilm's Warding d10=7; Magical Shield Stunt d10=2; Bishop's Plan d6=4; Good Ratings d8=2 == 7+7+5(-1 PP) for 19, d10 effect
(I only realized 15 minutes after that Alliterative Invocations should have been added in, but it succeeded anyway, so it's not so bad.

Weathering the onslaught, Strange drops the shield and intones the mantra of Melethranz, master of mystic lightning! Extending his hand towards the group untouched by Mr. Castle's firepower, Strange lets loose the thunderbolts, not carelessly to blast and melt, but sending them into the very processors and electronic joints that power the beeping machines. With any luck the terrible force running through their inner workings will either short them out completely or render them terribly confused. Strange smirks just the smallest amount when he thinks how this must look on Mojo's end, as he feels the sheer hatred directed towards him from across the dimension.

Alliterative Invocations, Multipower, and Area Attack to create a Shocked Systems complication on mob 2. TIME FOR DICE. Team d8=8; Arcane Defender d8=6; Supreme Sorcery d12=8; Mystic Bolts d10=1; Mystic Master d10=3; Wilm's Warding d10=3; Shocked Systems stunt d8=5; Bishop's Plan d6=5; Good ratings d8=3; Area Attack 7d6=3, 2, 2, 4, 5, 5, 3 == 8+8+6(-1 PP) for 22, effect dice 1d12, 2d10, 1d10(d8+step), 4d6; 1 opportunity. I think that got everything right, I hope! I should be down 4 PP.

Tagging Deadpool!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The robots wither horribly under the sustained fire of the Punisher's minigun, and the single grenade is icing on the cake; four of the Mojodroids are blown apart in a fashion that would be grisly were they alive, and the area is showered in molten, fragmented chunks of metal.

With so much chaos flying around, Mojo's face reappears along one of the walls, cackling manically. "You're doing wonderfully, WONDERFULLY! But I don't think you know EXACTLY what you're getting into here! I am Mojo! Master Entertainer, my very whims are made manifest to the thrill of MILLIONS!" The camera on Mojo draws back, and he presses a button on the side of his chair. Even as Strange begins channeling his magic, the robots below begin shaking violently, and after a moment, detonate pitifully in tiny little foomps.

"Cut to commercial! We need something.. NASTIER.. for this show to be perfect." With that, Mojo's camera turns off once more.

Bought the three opportunities to boost a d8 and a d10 to d12, giving Frank 2 PP.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4499761/ 8 and 7 for 15, d10 die, not enough to beat Punisher.

Spent 2d12 to end the scene; you all gain 2 XP. You are in a transition phase, and all stress is stepped back by one die; you can roll to recover more. All assets and resources have been spent, and you are able to spend XP.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Deadpool 2 pp, 6 xp

Deadpool pulls himself together (literally. Organs are starting to come out of the holes made by the laser beams.) "Lucky this healing factor isn't on the fritz", he mutters. He can't help but feel a vague sense of disappointment...it doesn't count if Mojo destroys the robots himself.

He climbs out of the wrecked van and goes over to his costars. "Did that whole thing piss the rest of you off as much as it did me? I mean, he just blew them up. I was going to blow them up! I had rolled and everything! Anyway, what say we get out of here and find Mojo in person before he sends more things after us? Then we beat him until he sends us home."

Spending a PP and using my healing factor to get rid of my stress.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 13, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

As the rotating barrels start to slow down with no more enemies in sight and adrenaline simmering down, Frank Castle looks at his body and notices that it loving hurts a lot. But at least managed to bring some of the robots down, even if they shoot him again, this time in his thigh. He was used to that kind of pain though.

"Yeah I'm pissed, the violence just now helped alleviate some of it but I'm still angry. But some of it is at you." He glances between Deadpool and his wrecked van. "What the hell is wrong with you? What kind of idea was that? Hopefully I can still salvage some heavier body armor or something. If I'm going up against that firepower again I want to wear something a little more protective..."

Spending a PP to create an D8 Heavy Armor/Kevlar Suit Resource from Combat Master

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Deadpool 2 pp, 6 xp

"Me? Why be pissed at me? I should be pissed at you! That van's not safe. It doesn't even have airbags! I could have been killed! And why bring a van if you don't want it driven?"

He holds his hand up. "Anyway, we can go on and on about who crashed whose van and all, but that doesn't get us any closer to getting out of here." He looks at the suit that Frank is trying to build. "You know, all that armor is just going to slow you down. The trick is not to get in the way of the bullets in the first place. It also helps not to put a giant skull on your chest for the other side to aim at. Have you thought about a sweater vest? Just an idea."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Bishop

With the last of the robots self destructing, and Mojo's words, Bishop's gut drops out of him. They barely survived that, and now Mojo was going to send more at them? This rag-tag group was going to get pulverized. As The Punisher rages at Deadpool, Bishop can't help but to back him up, "The grief-riddled vigilante is right, what the hell were you thinkin'? I can tell you ain't much of a team player, but this Mojo guy ain't fuckin' around. We have got to work together! If you're just going to be running around be a loose loving cannon, then get the hell away from us! I want to be far away from you when whatever the hell this Mojo bastard is sending next loving kills you!"

Bishop feels much better after yelling at Deadpool, it felt good. He then looks around and sees that they're still exposed. He goes around ripping up parts of the scenery to try and build some barricades to defend against, since his planning last time didn't much help.

I guess I'll try to make a defense asset, so 1d8 from team, 1d8 from dark future survivor, 1d8 from enhanced strength to lift poo poo, and 1d8 from Combat expert.

4d8=23

So 12 and a d8 as the effect die.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange
5 PP, 6 XP, d8 Physical Stress

Strange is about to unleash his mystic might when the robots explode. Waiting a moment for a metal head to land near his feet, he lowers his hands, the magics dissipating into the ether. Wincing at the burns left by the splashing of lasers around him, Strange decides to use the materials Mojo has so thoughtfully provided. Taking various parts of the set and transmuting them into strong and flexible bandages he can use for himself, Strange whispers Catherine's chant and opens his 7th sense to engage whatever magical properties the detritus has as he wraps them around his body to ease his pains.

Team d8=5; Arcane Defender d8=1; Supreme Sorcery d12=11; Transmutation d10=4; Mystic Senses d12=2; Mystic Master d10=9; Mojovisions Production Studio d8=4 == 20 and d12 effect

"Come now," Strange says to the arguing trio, "bickering amongst ourselves will aid no one. I realize we may not all be deep friends with one another, but the least we can do is work together to first escape this place. Now, if you'll give me a moment, I need to speak to an intelligence about where Mojo might keep his artifact of astral peregrination."

Adjusting the eye of Agomotto, Strange steps away from the group and finds a level piece of ground. "Do not be afraid, fellows! Because of a quirk of the Mojoverse, Mojo's love of himself and trademark protection becomes something we can use against him." Strange extends his hands and begins chanting in one voice, and in another calls out, "Arise ye intelligence of the dark! Arise ye knower of movement and mass! Arise and SPEAK TO MEEEEEEEEE!" A multicolor whirlwind emerges in the ground at Strange's feet, and out of it arises a sharply dressed figure, looking like he came from the later Ancien Regime, only wearing the mask of a wolf. The others cannot hear anything, but they see sweat begin to drip from Strange's forehead as he continues chanting, but they can hear him struggle with the knowledge the intelligence is giving him.

"Too... much... information! My mind... overwhelmed! I must open up my Second Soul to survive this...!" Then, with a clap of distant thunder, the portal, and the being, is gone, and only Strange is left, breathing heavily on his hands and knees. Getting to his feet, Strange dusts himself off, but he has prevented the "demon" of determinism from destroying his will!

Spending a PP to create Laplace's Demon resource from my Mystic Master distinction at d10. That should nab me another 3 XP from my milestone!

Friar John fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 13, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Frank sits down and then starts dressing his wounds from laser fire. It was hardly the first time The Punisher got scorched like that. "You're right Doctor Strange, we should focus on the real thre- why are you summoning a daemon?? Actually nevermind, I'm done asking questions about this insanity." He switches his focus from the DIMENSIONAL POWERS going on nearby to the first aid kit he managed to miraculously recover from his combat van's wreck. That special forces training ever so useful in situations like this.

DICE POOL FOR TRYING TO HEAL MYSELF OR SOMETHING: Team D6 Former Marine D8 Enhanced Durability D8 Combat Master D10

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4500067/
1d6 = 2
2d8 = 8,2
1d10 = 9

Picking 8 and 9, spending a PP to get the 2 for total 19, Effect Dice is D8

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Deadpool

Deadpool listens to Bishop yell at him, and doesn't say anything until the large mutant finishes. "You can call me a loose cannon, but I'm not the one screaming at air and summoning metaphysical concepts.", he says, glancing over at Dr. Strange. "Trust me, I've done it. Air doesn't always listen. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it just goes its own way."

"Look, Bishop, I took a risk. And, Bishop, it didn't work. You ever take risks, Bishop? They always work out for you, Bishop? And while they were shooting me, they weren't shooting you, right, Bishop? Ever think about that, Bishop? Besides, Bishop? What was your plan, Bishop? That I attack the enemy, Bishop? Did I do that, Bishop? So why are you complaining, Bishop? Bishop, Bishop, Bishop."

Then, he vanishes, and Bishop feels someone tapping on his shoulder. "Boo!" Then Deadpool teleports back in front of Bishop. "You need to relax. Set a spell. Take your shoes off. Mojo will throw more stuff at us, we'll smash it up good, then we'll find a way out of here. I know you X-Men aren't happy unless you're forced to make some deep moral choice that's all shades of grey, but calm down. You can't tell me this isn't fun."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Squirrel Girl
Plot Points: 3 | Experience Points: 5

From the wreckage, Squirrel Girl's head pops up, before shimmying a little as she springs up with her horde of followers. Trying to shake robot wreckage off, "The Bishop and The Doctor are right! We need to work as a team, find Mojo, and nip him in the bud. We can't let our differences as heroes and villains divide us-"

For the record, Doreen's point of view:
  • Heroes: Squirrel Girl, Dr. Strange, Bishop? (uses guns, though?)
  • Villains: Punisher, Deadpool, Iron Jonah
"- all that can be fussed out once we get out of here!" She narrows her eyes at Punisher momentarily, and then she chirps to her furry friends, which dart around the room, searching.

Looking over her shoulder, she asks plainly of Dr. Strange. "You're the Sorcerer Supreme! I'm sure you can find a way home... or to Mojo? Either would be really nice."

And to Bishop, she adds, "If you're a detective, can you find any clues as to how to get out?" She looks over to him, hands on her hips. "I mean, that's a very nice waist-high wall, but we need to solve this mystery!"

A quick roll for recon: Team d10 + Squirrel Control d10 + A Mass of Fur and Teeth 3d6 = 13 with a d10 effect. Also, just looking to grab a quick 1 XP for being complimentary and supportive!... if a little pushy.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

Strange slaps his cheeks a little to stop seeing the ghosts of future events over the others, but when he looks at the squirrels he sees them not just as they are, but the long trail of what they will be in the future. A squirrel-tunnel through time. It's an interesting experience.

"Miss... Green, is it? That is exactly what I have just been doing. See, the Mojoverse is a special plane of existence. Where other realms, like our own universe, hold a certain amount of indeterminacy and branching, thus creating what we call parallel timelines and alternate realities, there is only one Mojoverse. Because of that, I called upon the intelligence of determinism the scientist and amateur conjurer Laplace did, which knows all molecular positions and movements. Contrary to Mr. Castle's complaint, it is not a demon. By giving me as much of the knowledge as I can bear, I can, in a sense, see into the future, though I must be careful in doling the information into my conscious mind, lest I be sent mad like Laplace himself did. Give me a few moments and I should be able to point us towards the artifact Mojo used to bring us here."

Gonna let other people post and catch up before suggesting we head out. And gonna take another 1 XP for discussing the nature of the Mojoverse, connected as it is to Mojo himself.

Friar John fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 13, 2014

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Iron Jonah
Team d6, No Stress, 4 PP, 5 XP

Turns out magnet-armor isn't such a good idea when there is so much leftover scrap from the destroyed robots. Thankfully, JJJ finds a way to turn it off before he is buried under a pile of scrap. Pretending like that never happened, Iron Jonah gives his thoughts on Deadpool's 'tactics'. "It's not like we were going to drive than van around in here anyways, and as much as I hate myself for saying this, Deadpool is right: we didn't get shot at while the robots were blasting him with lasers. So, new plan: let Deadpool charge in first, so he takes all the punishment while we blow up robots. We don't get hurt, and we get to laugh as Deadpool is shot repeatedly. Win-win for everyone."

And then Dr. Strange did...something or other. He did something like this at the last social get-together JJJ and Strange had attended, too. Guess it's the sorcerer's version of a party trick. "So, anyone here know just what the hell this Mojo guy can throw at us? If it's just robots, this is gonna be easy. But since fate has decided to place me in the same room as all of you guys, I'm not counting on any good luck anytime soon."

Forgot to mention, using Leap Before You Look and the Lights, Camera... RATINGS! milestones for now.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Bishop does what he can with the detritus and debris that scatters the area, but unfortunately does little more than create a wall that comes up to his knees which, after a test kick, falls apart and would have offered no tactical advantage whatsoever. Strange, meanwhile, tends to his own wounds, a trivial matter for a man who once was a gifted and brilliant surgeon; not far away, Frank does the same, yet refuses any assistance from strange, relying solely on his medical training from Vietnam. The work he does helps, but if he had accepted a more gifted hand, he may have felt even better. Oh well.

Doreen takes to the walls with her squirrels, clambering over and peering into what lay beyond the walls; for as far as she can see, there is nothing but a great expanse of rock, with nothing decorating it except an odd, squat little building far, far in the distance.

As Squirrel Girl looks into the distance, Mojo's face once again re-appears in the studio below. "Well! Good to see you're all still with me, because I think our viewers at home could use a little more excitement!" Doreen looks down after a brilliant flash of light appears behind her and finds, to her shock, that all of the others have simply vanished, leaving only thin curls of smoke where they once stood.

Streets of New York? - Punisher

One blink, and it happens again. But this time, Frank stands on familiar territory. He recognizes the street; somewhere south of Main, an alley where he's left a few small timers to be found by their crew or the cops; the dumpster's seen a copkiller or two in its time since Frank started trying to take back the streets.

"Well, well, well, looks like some idiot has ended up stumbling into the wrong part of town, eh, boys?" From behind Frank, further in the alleyway, comes an oddly familiar voice, one that Frank is used to hearing flee from him. Turning, he spies aman with a goofy hat and a gun leading to a bucket of thick, white goop leering at him from a doorway. "Get a load of this Wilbur!"

A heavy, metal foot lands near Frank, and looking up he sees a man in a stupid, silver costume with extendable legs also leering at him. "What the hell is this guy's deal? You trying to get in on our turf, punk? HEY! BIG WHEEL! We got a live one!"

Looking to the end of the alley, Frank watches as a man in a giant hamster wheel blocks off the alley. "You're gonna wish you'd never messed with Big Wheel, Paste Pot Pete, and Stilt-Man, chump!"

Somewhere, an angel sings for this perfect, beautiful moment for Frank Castle.

The dumpster is a d8 Scene Distinction.

The Astral Plane - Dr. Strange

There is an odd feeling of impossibility as Stephen Strange is dumped physically into the astral plane. He gathers himself carefully, feeling, the leering gaze of Mojo upon his back. Looking up, he finds he does not recognize any of the lines of magic within this plane, and deduces that he is not in the astral plane of HIS reality. The face of Mojo materializes, laughing at the Sorcerer Supreme.

"Sorcerer Supreme of the Plane of Earth! Welcome to Mojo's Astral Plane! The viewers just aren't thrilled by your antics against simple robots, and long to see you match yourself against a being of equal magical might! So, scouring the universe, I have found a most aptly named villain for you. Behold, Stephen Strange... THE WIZARD!"

With a brilliant flash of light, a scrawny man in purple armor materializes, grunting as he lands and staggers. He seems bewildered by his new surroundings, and looks up in horror at the face of Mojo. "Sorcerer and Wizard, dueling to the death! This will be delightful, indeed!" The face of Mojo fades as it cackles, leaving the man to look around in horror.

"Holy s%&* I'm not that kind of wizard! I'm a technical genius OH JEEZ, ARE YOU A F#$%ING DRACULA?!"

The Ley Lines Are Strong Here is a d8 Scene Distinction here.

The Raft - Iron Jonah

Jameson stumbles slightly as he and his armor are dumped unceremoniously onto what seems to be the landing pad for the great superhero prison, The Raft. He'd been here before, and he wasn't surprised to be there again. What did surprise him, however, was the man in green power armor with the prehensile, barbed tail glaring daggers at him. Mac Gargan, the Scorpion, a man whose hatred of Jonah ran deep. And now he and Jonah were on equal footing, a fact that the Scorpion ignores as he begins to charge Iron Jonah. "JAMESON! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID TO ME!"

No Chance for Collateral, No Chance for a Lawsuit is a d8 Scene Distinction.

Laff Hut - Deadpool

Wade Wilson does not remember the last time he was at the Laff Hut and wasn't kicked out. He also doesn't remember the last time he was teleported across nine dimensions without feeling like he was going to barf into his mask. He also doesn't remember the last time he was willingly approached by a woman, let alone a six armed woman with silver hair.

Of course they were usually trying to kill him when they did that. And this one seemed like she wanted to kill him. Oh, well; there'll be a first time sometime.

Open Mic Night is a d8 Scene Distinction Here.

Asteroid M - Shocker and Bishop

Herman always wanted to be a hero. And being a hero meant facing the big challenges, and overcoming the greatest odds. But that was for the guys with more supervillain fights under their belts, and for the love of God, Herman had JUST STARTED TODAY. He had not expected to be staring down MAG-loving-NETO not TWO HOURS after leaving his apartment after deciding he was going to fight crime!

For what it was worth, he and Bishop seemed to have gained the element of surprise. Magnus sat there in his command throne, his eyes closed, seemingly completely unaware of the two newcomers. Bishop glanced around, recognizing the main room of Asteroid M, Magneto's orbiting space station; he'd read about it and how it had crashed, destroying a massive part of Geneosha in his time line. He had never seen it in person, and he had only heard myths of the man that had ultimately caused most of his suffering. He had yet to meet him in person, and here he was, with his guard down.

Odd that the criminal was there, though; why wouldn't the other mutant be here?

Ferrous Fortress is a d8 Scene Distinction.

Mojovision Productions Studio - Squirrel Girl

They were all gone, leaving Doreen alone. One of her squirrels chitters, warning her that the wall is beginning to shake, and within moments she finds herself back on the ground, with the studio all but gone. Very strange. A quick look around shows that the squat building from before is no longer far, far in the distance, and is now only a hundred yards away. She watches a moment, noticing movement; it looks like more of the Mojodroids are patrolling the building.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4503364/ 7 + 6, d12 effect die, beats Bishop's roll; asset not made
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4503367/ 10 + 5, d10 effect, Strange's stress is gone
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4503370/ 9 + 9, d8 effect, one opportunity; Punisher's stress is stepped back to d6

Spent d10 to split everyone! You've all been moved to your STRONGEST affiliation die, except Squirrel Girl, who was AT her strongest and is now on her weakest

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange
Solo d10

Being physically thrust into the Astral realm of the Mojoverse is... disquieting for Strange. His 7th sense throbs at the disconnect between what it experiences and what his mundane senses are interpreting as a forest of towering cyan threads that reach above and below into infinity as he floats among a void of utter blackness. Focusing his immense mental strength into calming the mystic cacophony, he is impassive as the reedy-voiced "Wizard" is dropped into the realm as well.

When Mojo's voice disappears into the void, Strange just spends a moment watching the terrified man with his 7th sense, and finds that somehow Mojo's astral realm is still affected by the strange deterministic process the Mojoverse is, though to an attenuated extent. He can see the various humors and hormones flow through the Wizard's body, how his panic will worsen until he attacks Strange, and with his telepathy can see the terrified thoughts the man's thinking, but he also sees the future, where the man is calmed down, and maybe even helpful. That will be necessary, as Strange hopes to find a doorway in this place that leads him straight to Mojo's artifact of teleportation!

"Wizard?" Strange bows formally, "I am Doctor Stephen Strange. If you will wait a moment, I am looking for an exit from this place. It may help your disorientation if you close your eyes, I do not wish to see you become a drooling idiot."

Projecting a "show of complete control over the situation" complication to deter The Wizard from attacking me. Solo d10=6; Arcane Defender d8=6; Ley Lines are Strong d8=5; Supreme Sorcery d12=11; Telepathy d8=1; Mystic Senses d12=6; Mystic Master d10=5; Laplace's Demon d8=6 == 11+6+6(-1 PP) d12 effect with 1 opportunity

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Frank is about to say something really rude to Mojo before he is zapped yet again to somewhere else. When reality is back he cleans his eyes just to be sure that what he's seeing is real. New York City. Finally back home. Even one of his dumpster he used for body dumping was here, just waiting for him to be used.

He takes a deep breath as the city's usual terrible smell enters his nostrils, the day was finally looking up. He looks around and sees that none of the weirdos from before were zapped with him, even better!

When the The Three Stooges suddenly appear and start talking, The Punisher remains stoic as ever, but deep in thought. Either the three had suffered major brain damage and somehow forgotten about him, something that was quite possible just by looking at them. Or... this wasn't HIS New York City, it was one version of it that the sickfuck Mojo created just for him. And considering what both him and Doctor Strange pulled right in front of him just earlier, that wasn't hard to believe at all. Being a massive pessimistic and depressing person, Frank went with the later theory.

Still, there were three criminal scum near him just asking to die painfully. He would figure out what to do once they were taken care of. "Explaining would take too long and I'm getting impatient with this bullshit." He pulls his double .45 pistols sidearms from his holster and points them at Paste Pot Pete. "You. Idiot. You first. Just let me do something." Big Wheel was blocking the exit of the alley, but he wasn't planning to escape anyway. Frank castle kicks the sturdy dumpster in the direction of the wheeled guy, hoping to block him a little, just before he unloads his pistols on Paste Pot Pete without mercy.

Dice Pool: D10 Solo D8 Obsessed Vigilante D8 Dumpster 2D10 Weapons D10 Combat Master

Spending a PP for SFX: Take Your Shot. Doubling Weapon

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4503549/
2d8 = 2,1
4d10 = 10,4,9,10

Picking 10 and 10, spending a PP to add a 9 for 29 total, effect die is D10

Dyne Post of Stuff

Picking Stiltman to go next

frajaq fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 16, 2014

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Deadpool 2 PP, 6 XP

Deadpool is beginning to regret letting his frequent flier memberships expire, because with the travelling he's done today, he'd probably be entitled to a bunch of free trips. And now he's face to face with a woman who wants to kill him. So, a typical Saturday night. "Well, you're easier to look at than Mojo is. I'll give you that." He looks her up and down. And then, for good measure, does it again, both at her and the weapons she's holding. He then turns and looks out at the crowd...the place is packed. All looking at the stage. All looking at him. The smart move would be to get out of there; stay back and do some gunwork. But it's too crowded for that, really. Besides, why disappoint his fans? "Looks like we're on." he says to the six armed woman, drawing his katanas. "You like these, by the way?", he asks, flourishing his swords. "They were made by the same people who worked on 'The Last Samurai'. That's what they said at least. I picked them up at a garage sale along with some John Denver 8-tracks. Come to think of it, though, I'm wondering if the guy ripped me off."

"Hey, what's your name, anyway? I want to get it right for your tombstone.", he asks, as he jumps towards her, his swords out and down, trying to catch her off guard.

Die Pool. Solo, d10, Merc with the Mouth, D8, Weapon with SFX "Unnecessary Sales Boosting Violence, so 2d8, Enhanced Reflexes, d8, Combat Master, d10.

Fighting: 2#1d10 3 4 4#1d8 4 7 8 4

So, dropping the 8, total is (7,4,4=15), Effect D10

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The Mojostral Plane - Dr. Strange

The Wizard winces as Strange moves, but looks perplexed when the man simply bows and speaks to him. The air of sophistication and calm from Stephen seems to calm the man in the weird suit, and he visibly relaxes. "Oh, hell, you're Dr. Strange. I didn't recognize you. Er, you may call me Bently, sir." The Wizard bows slightly, before looking around in confusion.

"Lord, I hate magic. Did you zap us here into one of your mystical realms? Or is this something where I can help with an application of raw science?" Bently scratches his beard absent mindedly as he scans the surrounding unending cosmos, looking fairly amused.

Arrogant Scientist d8
Solo d4
Mind Control d8
Science Master d10

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4504942/ 10 + 8, d8 effect die; loses by 5, d12 complication stepped up and Wizard is complicated out of the fight.

The Streets of New York? - The Punisher

"OH MY GOD HE'S GOT A REAL GUN WH-" Paste Pot Pete panics as he sees the Punisher draw a real, actual, bullet firing gun rather than some sort of funny weapon that shoots pixie dust, and turns, slamming his shoulder into the door behind him. It doesn't budge, and as he slams again, Frank opens fire.

Pete spasms and jerks forward as he is riddled with bullets throughout his torso by Frank's weaponry, fragments of wood splintering and flying up as the bullets pass through and hit the door. Pete slumps forward through the door frame and lies still, a pool of red forming beneath him. There is a moment of silence as smoke trails from Castle's pistols, before there is a shrill, horrific screech from the end of the alley.

"He killed Pete! STILT, HE KILLED PETE!" "I know, dammit, I can see that! Have a taste of this, Gunman!" Frank looks up as Stilt-Man raises his foot, leveling it at the former marine. In an instant, it pistons out with great force like a battering ram, obviously intent on crushing Frank like a bug.

From down the alley way, the man in the giant hamster wheel panics, moving his hands frantically between consoles in his odd looking vehicle. Two mechanical arms with guns on them extend from the side, and begin firing rubber bullets towards the man who had just killed his friend and ally.

Often Defeated d4+1d6 to doom pool
Team d8
Doom Pool d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4504948/ 6 + 3, d8 effect die, d10 is stepped up four times jesus christ Frank, Pete is DEAD

Stubborn but Stupid d8
Team d8
Stretching d6 (Stepped back from d8)
Enhanced Strength d6
Battering Ram SFX d6
Combat Adept d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4504966/ 4 + 6 + 4, d8 effect die, stepped up to d10 by SFX

Easily Angered d8
Team d8
Ranged Armaments 2d8
Vehicle Expert d8
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4504970/ 8 + 4 + 2, d8 effect die, discarded other 8

The Laff Hut - Deadpool

With Deadpool airborn and his blades drawing near, the six-armed woman brings her weapons about in a flash, parrying and deflecting the mercenary's attack and ending up with his blade locked between two of hers. "Aw, Wade, I'm insulted. You don't remember your dear, beloved Rita? You can call me Spiral, though, you pig." Her foot lashes out, catching Wade in the gut and separating the two.

"Mojo told me he'd be sending you back my way, and you know the audience loves us. The tension, the fighting, the quips.. we drive them WILD." She motions to the audience off stage, who are oohing and aahing and reacting the right way at just the right moment. "It's a good thing you're so resilient, they LOVE watching someone bleed, and it helps if your patsy can just seal it back up."

Spiral takes a step forward, and then, in a puff of smoke, is gone. She reappears in an instant, directly in front of Deadpool, and she has already begun swinging. However, Wade can see the beads of sweat on her forehead; it looks like the teleport took more out of Spiral than she had expected. Still, there were those pesky swords he had to do something about.

Six Armed Dervish d8
Solo d10
Multiple Arms d8
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Acrobatic Master d10
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4504973/ 7 + 7 + 2, d10 effect die

Six Armed Dervish d8
Solo d8 (Stepped back by SFX from d10)
Multiple Arms d8
Enhanced Strength d8
Whirling Blades SFX d6
Teleport d10
Acrobatic Master d10
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4504976/ 9 + 7 + 5, d10 effect die, one opportunity

Spiral DOES have an exhausted limit that will let you shut down a power of hers with an opportunity:
Enhanced Strength d8, Enhanced Durability d8, Enhanced Stamina d8, Psychic Resistance d12, Enhanced Speed d8, Superhuman Reflexes d10

Waiting on the rest of you!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

3 PP, 6 XP

Now that was extremely satisfaying and helped alleviate some of his anger at being currently toyed with by Mojo. The reactions of Pete's comrades also were pretty drat funny. Frank Castle never smiled, but if he did, this would be one of these few moments.

He quickly focuses back on the remaining two idiots, because even if they were idiots you should never underestimate them. When Stilt-Man raises his metal foot Frank tries to dodge away towards the dumpster, hoping that it would glance off his attacks. He looks for a moment behind him to see incoming fire from Big Wheel's weaponry, and pushes the dumpster towards him for cover.

He pops fresh clips into his .45 pistols and unloads them yet again, this time at stupid silver extendable legs man.

Dice Pool for Defense against Stilt-Man: Solo D10 Combat Master D10 Former Marine D8 Enhanced Durability D8 Body Armor D8 Sturdy Dumpster D8
2d10 = 6, 8
4d8 = 3, 5, 6, 1

Picking 8 and 6 for 14 total, effect die is D10. 1 Opportunity

Dice Pool for Defense against Big Wheel: Solo D10 Combat Master D10 Former Marine D8 Enhanced Durability D8 Body Armor D8 Sturdy Dumpster D18
2d10 = 5, 9
4d8 = 1, 1, 3, 2

Picking 5 and 9 for 14 total, effect die is D8. 2 Opportunities

Dice Pool for attacking Stilt-Man: Solo D10 Combat Master D10 Weapon 2D10 Former Marine D8 Sturdy Dumpster D8.
Using SFX: Full Auto.

4d10 = 1, 10, 7, 1
2d8 = 2, 6

Discarding 10. Picking 7, 2 and 6 for total 15, effect die is D10. 2 Opportunities

Dyne Post of Stuff

Picking Big Wheel to go next

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

Strange extends his senses through the realm, looking for the exit closest to Mojo's teleportation artifact. "If only it were I, Mr. Bentley. I'm afraid a vicious extraplanar entity called Mojo is working to set myself and several other individuals into battles for the sake of his television ratings. Right now mystic wisdom is needed, but I may need your expertise when we find his machine that brought us and you here, as it will be necessary to recover the others before destroying it. I cannot imagine the trials they must be facing." He stops and thinks for a moment. "Though if Mojo's ability at research is reflected here, they may not be in terrible danger. Have you ever considered changing your moniker?"

Phone posting right now, will add in roll to find exit later. Also taking xp for talking bout Mojo :v:

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Iron Jonah
Solo d10, No Stress, 4(-3) PP, 5 XP

Good news: those other idiots are gone, as well as Mojo. Bad news: going through this poo poo yet again. "Come on, Gargan, are you still holding a grudge?! Do you even know how far technology has come since you got stuck in that suit? I'm sure we could get Stark to get you out if you want-ah, hell with it." Not much use trying to explain anything to the Scorpion gets like this, might as well just get it over with. As the Mk. II's Proton Beam charges up, JJJ reflects that at least this time he doesn't have to worry about Spider-Man saving his hide.

Using Proton Beam to blast Scoprion, because Jonah has enough experience with these attacks to know that Scorpion is just gonna charge blindly.
Solo d10+Short-Tempered d8+Senses d10("Give Me More Juice!")+Repulsores 2d8(Proton Beam)+Crime Expert d8
Spending 3 PP's to make my Total 19, Effect is d10. Repulsors shutdown, and a d10 is added to the doom pool.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Bishop

There he is, Magneto. The Mutant who, along with his like-minded ilk, engaged in so much anti-human activity it led to humanity developing the Sentinels out of desperation; a development that was one step towards the internment camps that were Bishop's childhood.

There is nothing Bishop would want more than to kill Magneto; but Bishop also wasn't stupid. Magneto was one of the strongest mutants known. He could take Bishop's gun and turn it on him, cause immense pain as he manipulates the iron in Bishop's own blood cells. Plus Shocker still seems unconscious. Granted this probably wasn't the real Magneto, Bishop doubted that Mojo was that powerful. Bishop may have played along with Mojo's desire for combat last time, but not now. Let's see how much his viewers like philosophical debate!

"YOU WILL LOOK AT ME MAGNETO!", Bishop makes sure to shout and rouse the elder mutant from his sleep. "My name is Lucas Bishop, and I come from a future that you're responsible for! A future where humans, based out of fear and desperation because of you, make giant mutant hunting robots called Sentinels! A future where despite your belief in 'mutant superiority' we still got beaten down!"

Bishop marches up towards the throne. he points at the "M" tattoo above his eye, "They brand us and put us in concentration camps! I bet that sounds familiar does it not? Do you still bear the numbers the Nazis' gave you? Your whole crusade is for naught! In the end you die unsuccessful; your only legacy a down-trodden mutant population treated as second class citizens. Your place is history is nothing but a spectre; a bogey man just like Adolf Hitler; a name used to frighten the ignorant!"

Bishop begins to laugh, "they still Remember Charles Xavier's name though! Even dead and his dream of peaceful co-existence in 'tatters', mutants still strive for his ideals, and you're seen as not a hero, but a villain to all mutant-kind! What do you have to say to that, Monster?"

Even as he finishes his words Bishop knows the response is going to be pain.

okay, d10 for buddy (even if Shocker is a bump on a log) d8 for future survivor/make a difference, no power sets help, and d8 for Menace expert.

1d10+2d8=14

Okay i got one complication for magneto to own me with. taking the 7 and 6 for 13 and a D6 for the effect die, since I guess we can do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Squirrel Girl
Plot Points: 3 | Experience Points: 5

"Oh, that's a great idea, Dr. Strange!", Squirrel Girl says as she reaches the top of the wall, before being warned away by a furry friend. Then, with the studio ground gone, she darts about in place, looking around. "Dr. Strange? Mr. Bishop? Anyone? Gosh, they're all... gone? Taken away by that wicked Mojo fellow, no doubt!"

She rubs her head, and then drops down prone as she sees the Mojodroids. A squirrel chirps at her, and she nods. "That is suspicious, Petey Whiskers!", she replies to the squirrel. She watches the robots patrol, and then hmmms. "Well, it's awful hard to sneak up on a flat moonscape like this."

She then moves to a crouch, and points to of her companions. "Twitchy! Pancake Butters! You two, distract them by pretending to be rabid!" The two squirrels rear up on their hind legs, doing their best to look threatening.

"Daisy, Checker Socks, you're on wave two, you do figure eights around their legs, get them to hit their own feet!" Another two squirrels dart about in circles, as if ready to take off on a race.

"Finally, you guys, Busta Chimes, Tailchaser, Oreo Cheeks, and your buds, I need you to form a-" She raises her hand to indicate height. "- Tower of Power and try and find a way inside whatever control mechanism controls the door to that building!"

She thumbs at herself as she gets ready to move. "And I'll take care of those robots! Got it?" There's some salutes, a squirrel falls over backwards, and another is still chasing its own tail.

Nothing can go wrong!

Rolling to try an create a Squirrel Heist Team asset: Solo d8 + Universally Loved d8 + Squirrel Control d10 + Tippy-Toe and Friends! 3d6 + Combat Master d10 = 14 with a d10 effect with 1 opportunity by spending a PP to keep an extra die, because yeesh, that was some ugly rolling.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 20, 2014

• Locked thread