Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme
1 PP, 0 XP

There Stephen had been, back in his own home on 177A Bleecker Street, in the heart of Greenwich Village. On his boots the dust of Drangleic still clung, and when he reopened the closet door he saw no sign of the immeasurably ancient young woman who had set him back to his home world. He looked at the calendar on the wall of his office (faithfully kept in order by his friend Wong, with the windows open to the crisp air of evening in Autumn), and saw that although almost a year had passed for him subjectively as he had wandered various planes, it had only been 3 months since he had told Tony Stark and the other Illuminati that he would be leaving Earth for some time.

Letting out a long sigh of relief, Strange unhooked his cloak and draped it over the back of the chair behind his desk, and listened as the clock struck 6 PM. The door opened, and in came Wong.

"Why, Doctor!" he exclaimed, "when did you arrive? There's a mountain of messages for you, some of them might even be important, considering what's happened while you were away."

"Just now, Wong," Strange replied as he loosened the fabric holding the Eye of Agomotto to his throat a small amount. "Would you mind sending a message to Tony, and let him know I've returned? I'm sure he'd be hap-"
And with a flash of red lightning, he had disappeared.

"I think I'll wait on telling Mr. Stark, then," Wong said to the small scorch mark on the Persian rug.

"-py to knoooow..." Strange trailed off to a very different audience. He has only a moment to gauge who he finds himself with as a well-known voice bursts into his hearing. But he looks to the others, some of them he recognizes, and others he's unaware of - Squirrel Girl, Deadpool, and Frank Castle he knows by reputation, Jonah he's met once or twice at the socialite parties of New York, and finally the quilt man and the bandanna-ed individual (surely a soldier, his bearing is far too martial for anything else) he has no idea of.

When the creature's diatribe is over, Strange takes his cloak of levitation, which came with him through the journey, and with a flourish places it about his neck. "Mojo," he says with impeccable disdain, "I had hoped never to see your corpulent visage again, but I see I am not so blessed. What do you want from us? Are you so powerless against that demon known as idleness that you must find others to entertain you?"

pre:
Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme
Stephen Strange (Public)

Affiliations
	Solo - D10
	Buddy - D6
	Team - D8

Distinctions
	Arrogant and Aloof
	Earth's Arcane Defender
	The Price of Magic

Powers
Disciple of the Ancient One
	Supreme Sorcery - D12
	Mystic Blast - D10
	Mystic Resistance - D10
	Transmutation - D10
	Telepathy - D8
	Enhanced Durability - D8
SFX: Alliterative Invocations. When using a stunt to create magical assets or complications, add a D6 and step up your effect die.
SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for every additional target add a D6 and keep an additional effect die.
SFX: Multipower. Add more than one Disciple of the Ancient One power to your pool. 
Step back each Disciple of the Ancient One die in your pool once for each die beyond the first.
Limit: The Extent of Sorcery. When you add Supreme Sorcery to any pool, you may only create assets and complications as your effect.

Astral Traveler
	Intangibility - D12
	Invisibility - D10
SFX: Without Form. Spend 1 PP to ignore physical stress caused by anyone attacking your astral form by mundane means.
Limit: The Empty Vessel. When your dice pool includes an Astral Traveler power, adding a power from any other Power Set costs 1 PP. 
Your physical form remains where you left it, and for as long as you remain out of sight of it 
any stress or complications that target it directly are stepped up.

Mystic Regalia
	Mystic Senses - D12
	Teleport - D10
	Flight - D6
SFX: Cloak of Levitation. When including Flight in any reaction roll against attacks, 
remove the highest rolling die and add a third die to your total.
SFX: Eye of Agomotto. Add a doom die to your next action including a Mystic Regalia or Disciple of the Ancient One power. 
After your action, step up the doom die and return it to the doom pool.
SFX: Mystic Library. When you create a Mystic or Cosmic related resource or stunt, 
step up the lowest doom die to step up the stunt or resource.
Limit: Mystic Feedback. Shutdown Mystic Regalia to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.

Specialties
	Mystic Master - D10
	Medical Master - D10
	Cosmic Expert - D8
	Combat Expert - D8
	Menace Expert - D8
	Psych Expert - D8

Milestones
Mystic Advisor
	1 XP - When you offer advice to an ally
	3 XP - When you include an ally in a mystical ritual
	10 XP - When you use your magic powers against an ally because you think they either disregarded your advice or took that advice too far.
Summoner Supreme
	1 XP - When you discuss the greater Powers at work in a given situation or which Powers could be brought to bring about change.
	3 XP - When you use Mystic Mastery or Supreme Sorcery to call on an entity from another plane of existence as a resource or stunt.
	10 XP - When you either make a binding pact with a Power from another plane of existence or banish it from Earth.
Going to use the event milestone and Summoner Supreme

Friar John fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

"Unfortunately so, Mr. Castle," Strange replies, "we seem to be in the realm of Mojo, that ugly thing there on the screen," he says as he points. "Mojo's a being of corruption and entropy, powerful yet devoid of virtue. Undoubtedly he brought us here in an attempt to assuage his perverse appetites for grotesquerie and depravity by seeing us engage in evil."

I'm gonna take that 1 XP for discussing greater Powers at work :v:

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

"I'm afraid I'm not terribly interested in acting for you and yours, Mojo," Strange says as he makes his mystic hand gestures. Already wreaths of blue flame coalesce around his hands, and as he throws his hands up, he calls upon an ancient warding spell, meant to make a small area invisible to unwanted observers. Well, Strange thought there were a lot of those flying around, and it would be better to make some introductions and start some discussions privately. "By Wilm's Warding we disappear to eye and ear!"

D8 Team, D4 Arcane Defender(+1 PP), 1D12 Supreme Sorcery, 1d8 Stunt(-1 PP), 1d6 Alliterative Invocations, 1d10 Mystic Mastery, d12 Mystic Senses, 1d10 Invisibility = 17, 1d12+1d6 effect to create an "Invisible to Cameras" advantage, 1 opportunity

I hope I got this right!

Friar John fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 8, 2014

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

Strange grunts as Mojo's baneful power lashes out at his warding, but Strange is no mere conjurer, he is the Sorcerer Supreme, and has battled with threats more terrible than even Mojo can contemplate. Wilm's Ward holds, and Strange chuckles at Mojo's rage.

"Well then," he says to the others, "now that we are somewhat shielded I believe it is time for some proper introductions, for I know some of you, but not all. I, of course, am Doctor Stephen Strange of Greenwich Village, New York City, and Sorcerer Supreme of the Earth-plane. It is my suggestion that our first priority be to find whatever artifact Mojo used to bring us here and destroy it, lest our escape be rendered void. It is a difficult task, astral peregrination to an entirely different plane, and so I suspect that Mojo has created a machine to aid his own powers in locating us and bringing us here."

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

Strange listens as the unknown man calls out tactical plans. They're not terrible, cementing his place in Strange's mind as a military man, but ordering the others?

"It would be much easier to listen to your Suggestions" Strange emphasizes the word so that others can hear the capital letter, "if we knew who you were. You were saying?" He speaks with impeccable diction, almost as if they weren't in an alternate dimension, but at a party in Manhattan where manners dropped just a little below his standards.

Friar John fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 9, 2014

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

"Thank you, Mister Bishop," Strange says with a smile. He watches Squirrel Girl go after the cameras - "I'm not entirely sure why we're all in such a rush, for Mojo's minions will get here when they do. I'd much rather know who I'm fighting with, myself."

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

"Sorcerer Supreme, Mr. Jameson." He's about to speak further when the robots burst into the scene. He sighs, but at least he made an effort to bring some civility to the proceedings. "I'll explain my plan after these foes are taken care of!"

Honest to God, I *do* have a plan, and that's probably not very comforting to hear from Dr. Strange! :v:

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

"Fireballs?" Strange asks as he takes sight at the encroaching robots, "I'm afraid the magic I wield is far above your conception of it, Mr. Castle!" Approaching the robots, knowing Wilm's Warding defends him from their sight if he's smart (unlike Deadpool), Strange begins his work. Extending his 7th sense out, Doctor Strange tries to find the ley lines of mystical power that flow through Mojo's realm. Finding one right below the feet of the robots, Strange extends his hands and cries out in a large voice: "Feel Ernalda's Embrace and sink into the earth!" His magic races out and flows into the ground below the robots, tapping into the ley line to transmute the ground into a sinking morass the robots cannot escape from. Though tempted, he manfully resists the urge to yell out "See how the Supreme Sorcery works!"

Using Alliterative Invocations along with Multipower and Area Attack to create "Sinking Earth" complication for the robots: 1d8 Team=4, 1d4 Earth's Arcane Defender(+1 PP)=3, SUPREME SORCERY 1d12=1, Transmutation 1d10=4, Mystic Senses 1d12=2, Mystic Master 1d10=1, Invocation+Area Attack 3d6=1,6,1, Wilm's Warding 1d10=7, Bishop's Plan 1d6=6 == 7+6+6(-1 PP), Effect Die d12, d10(d8+step), and d10

Edit: Because I misunderstood how I was targeting - 9d6=6, 3, 6, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 5 which end up being the rest of my effect dice against mob 1

Tagging robot mob 1!

Friar John fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 11, 2014

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

Strange, seeing the robots target his general area, attempts to evade their attacks by taking to the air. However, their sensors must have detected the distortions his movements cause, and their bolts of light come faaar too close to home for Stephen's liking. Only the most intense mystic concentration prevents him from being blasted out of the sky, but it's a drat close shave.

I used Flight.

Never. A. loving. Gain. Spending 1 PP to bump my roll to 15 so I only take the d10 stress.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

Seeing the incoming attack, Doctor Strange calls upon his magical arts to change the very air in front of himself into a shield of force, that he might be protected from the onslaught! In the back of his mind he realizes that although Mojo's audience might not be able to see him, they WILL be able to see his magic at work, and a small part of him did enjoy the publicity and shuddered at the thought of being shown up by the mechanical minions of Mojo!

Spending a PP on Dyne's opportunity to make my magic shield stunt a d10, also using Multipower. Team d8=5; Arcane Defender d8=7; Transmutation d10=3; Enhanced Durability d8=2; Mystic Master d10=2; Wilm's Warding d10=7; Magical Shield Stunt d10=2; Bishop's Plan d6=4; Good Ratings d8=2 == 7+7+5(-1 PP) for 19, d10 effect
(I only realized 15 minutes after that Alliterative Invocations should have been added in, but it succeeded anyway, so it's not so bad.

Weathering the onslaught, Strange drops the shield and intones the mantra of Melethranz, master of mystic lightning! Extending his hand towards the group untouched by Mr. Castle's firepower, Strange lets loose the thunderbolts, not carelessly to blast and melt, but sending them into the very processors and electronic joints that power the beeping machines. With any luck the terrible force running through their inner workings will either short them out completely or render them terribly confused. Strange smirks just the smallest amount when he thinks how this must look on Mojo's end, as he feels the sheer hatred directed towards him from across the dimension.

Alliterative Invocations, Multipower, and Area Attack to create a Shocked Systems complication on mob 2. TIME FOR DICE. Team d8=8; Arcane Defender d8=6; Supreme Sorcery d12=8; Mystic Bolts d10=1; Mystic Master d10=3; Wilm's Warding d10=3; Shocked Systems stunt d8=5; Bishop's Plan d6=5; Good ratings d8=3; Area Attack 7d6=3, 2, 2, 4, 5, 5, 3 == 8+8+6(-1 PP) for 22, effect dice 1d12, 2d10, 1d10(d8+step), 4d6; 1 opportunity. I think that got everything right, I hope! I should be down 4 PP.

Tagging Deadpool!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange
5 PP, 6 XP, d8 Physical Stress

Strange is about to unleash his mystic might when the robots explode. Waiting a moment for a metal head to land near his feet, he lowers his hands, the magics dissipating into the ether. Wincing at the burns left by the splashing of lasers around him, Strange decides to use the materials Mojo has so thoughtfully provided. Taking various parts of the set and transmuting them into strong and flexible bandages he can use for himself, Strange whispers Catherine's chant and opens his 7th sense to engage whatever magical properties the detritus has as he wraps them around his body to ease his pains.

Team d8=5; Arcane Defender d8=1; Supreme Sorcery d12=11; Transmutation d10=4; Mystic Senses d12=2; Mystic Master d10=9; Mojovisions Production Studio d8=4 == 20 and d12 effect

"Come now," Strange says to the arguing trio, "bickering amongst ourselves will aid no one. I realize we may not all be deep friends with one another, but the least we can do is work together to first escape this place. Now, if you'll give me a moment, I need to speak to an intelligence about where Mojo might keep his artifact of astral peregrination."

Adjusting the eye of Agomotto, Strange steps away from the group and finds a level piece of ground. "Do not be afraid, fellows! Because of a quirk of the Mojoverse, Mojo's love of himself and trademark protection becomes something we can use against him." Strange extends his hands and begins chanting in one voice, and in another calls out, "Arise ye intelligence of the dark! Arise ye knower of movement and mass! Arise and SPEAK TO MEEEEEEEEE!" A multicolor whirlwind emerges in the ground at Strange's feet, and out of it arises a sharply dressed figure, looking like he came from the later Ancien Regime, only wearing the mask of a wolf. The others cannot hear anything, but they see sweat begin to drip from Strange's forehead as he continues chanting, but they can hear him struggle with the knowledge the intelligence is giving him.

"Too... much... information! My mind... overwhelmed! I must open up my Second Soul to survive this...!" Then, with a clap of distant thunder, the portal, and the being, is gone, and only Strange is left, breathing heavily on his hands and knees. Getting to his feet, Strange dusts himself off, but he has prevented the "demon" of determinism from destroying his will!

Spending a PP to create Laplace's Demon resource from my Mystic Master distinction at d10. That should nab me another 3 XP from my milestone!

Friar John fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 13, 2014

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

Strange slaps his cheeks a little to stop seeing the ghosts of future events over the others, but when he looks at the squirrels he sees them not just as they are, but the long trail of what they will be in the future. A squirrel-tunnel through time. It's an interesting experience.

"Miss... Green, is it? That is exactly what I have just been doing. See, the Mojoverse is a special plane of existence. Where other realms, like our own universe, hold a certain amount of indeterminacy and branching, thus creating what we call parallel timelines and alternate realities, there is only one Mojoverse. Because of that, I called upon the intelligence of determinism the scientist and amateur conjurer Laplace did, which knows all molecular positions and movements. Contrary to Mr. Castle's complaint, it is not a demon. By giving me as much of the knowledge as I can bear, I can, in a sense, see into the future, though I must be careful in doling the information into my conscious mind, lest I be sent mad like Laplace himself did. Give me a few moments and I should be able to point us towards the artifact Mojo used to bring us here."

Gonna let other people post and catch up before suggesting we head out. And gonna take another 1 XP for discussing the nature of the Mojoverse, connected as it is to Mojo himself.

Friar John fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 13, 2014

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange
Solo d10

Being physically thrust into the Astral realm of the Mojoverse is... disquieting for Strange. His 7th sense throbs at the disconnect between what it experiences and what his mundane senses are interpreting as a forest of towering cyan threads that reach above and below into infinity as he floats among a void of utter blackness. Focusing his immense mental strength into calming the mystic cacophony, he is impassive as the reedy-voiced "Wizard" is dropped into the realm as well.

When Mojo's voice disappears into the void, Strange just spends a moment watching the terrified man with his 7th sense, and finds that somehow Mojo's astral realm is still affected by the strange deterministic process the Mojoverse is, though to an attenuated extent. He can see the various humors and hormones flow through the Wizard's body, how his panic will worsen until he attacks Strange, and with his telepathy can see the terrified thoughts the man's thinking, but he also sees the future, where the man is calmed down, and maybe even helpful. That will be necessary, as Strange hopes to find a doorway in this place that leads him straight to Mojo's artifact of teleportation!

"Wizard?" Strange bows formally, "I am Doctor Stephen Strange. If you will wait a moment, I am looking for an exit from this place. It may help your disorientation if you close your eyes, I do not wish to see you become a drooling idiot."

Projecting a "show of complete control over the situation" complication to deter The Wizard from attacking me. Solo d10=6; Arcane Defender d8=6; Ley Lines are Strong d8=5; Supreme Sorcery d12=11; Telepathy d8=1; Mystic Senses d12=6; Mystic Master d10=5; Laplace's Demon d8=6 == 11+6+6(-1 PP) d12 effect with 1 opportunity

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

Strange extends his senses through the realm, looking for the exit closest to Mojo's teleportation artifact. "If only it were I, Mr. Bentley. I'm afraid a vicious extraplanar entity called Mojo is working to set myself and several other individuals into battles for the sake of his television ratings. Right now mystic wisdom is needed, but I may need your expertise when we find his machine that brought us and you here, as it will be necessary to recover the others before destroying it. I cannot imagine the trials they must be facing." He stops and thinks for a moment. "Though if Mojo's ability at research is reflected here, they may not be in terrible danger. Have you ever considered changing your moniker?"

Phone posting right now, will add in roll to find exit later. Also taking xp for talking bout Mojo :v:

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

"Ares!" Strange yells, "so eager to see yet another repeat of your performance at the walls of Troy? Be mesmerized by the Images of Ikonn, and know that even your senses can be fooled by the Magus Maximus!" Strange changes the magical material around him into copies of himself, and teleports himself with them all around to distract and confuse the deadly god of war.

Reaction roll w/ stunt (-1 PP)! Solo d10=8; Arcane Defender d8=1; Supreme Sorcery d12=7; Telepathy d8=8; Teleport d10=7; Mystic Master d10=1; Ley Lines are Strong d8=8; Laplace's Demon d8=5; Stunt d8=2; All. Inv. d6=2 == 8+8+8(-1 PP) d12 effect with 2 opportunities

Dodging the deity's buffeting blows, Strange calls upon the Fires of Faltine to assault the god, using his ability to read minds to pinpoint his position, and teleporting to ensure the deity has no chance to dodge!

Solo d10=4; Defender d4(+1 PP)=3; Mystic Bolts d10=3; Telepathy d8=5; Teleport d10=1; Mystic Master d10=5; Ley Lines d8=3; Laplace's Demon d8=1 == 5+5+4(-1 PP) d12 effect, 2 opportunities

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

"Your mind could never understand magic, Ares, but I'll make sure your flesh feels the bite!" Strange teleports himself like a strobe light around the God of War, dodging the blows and returning the with the Fires of the Faltine, and under such a barrage even Ares begins to feel the pain.

Reaction: Solo d10=4; Defender d8=2; Mystic Blast d10=6; Durability d8=8; Teleport d10=7; Mystic Master d10=7 == 8+7 d10 effect. Spending 1 PP to make it a counter-attack, leaving Ares with d8 physical stress.

Desirous to end this battle before it taxes him further, Strange sends his formidable mystic senses out into the strange Mojostral plane. He seeks a doorway to the realm he had visited before being dragged so unceremoniously here by Mojo, for he can think of a foe that would cause even Ares some pause. Raising the Eye of Agomotto up high he cries out "May the light of the All-Seeing Eye of Agomotto guide my mind!" Finding the mystic spark so small, yet so bright, Strange uses the Supreme Sorcery to pull open the veil between realities, and brings forth a massive, hulking monstrosity, that knows only destruction and chaos. A truly fitting foe for the blood-red Mars. It bellows through the void, and Strange directs its attack through his mind.

Summoning a Taurus Demon complication to smash the bajeezus out of Ares, but not actually using the Eye of Agomotto SFX. Stunt w/ Alliterative Invocations (-1 PP). Solo d10=1; Defender d8=2; Supreme Sorcery d12=6; Telepathy d8=2; Mystic Senses d12=6; Mystic Master d10=10; Ley Lines are Strong d8=4; Laplace's Demon d8=7; Ares' Physical Stress d8=8; Stunt d8=4; Stunt d6=6 == 10+8+7(-1 PP) with d12+d6 effect, 1 opportunity.

If this isn't the transition scene, I'll take another 3 xp for summoning a creature as a stunt.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

Strange hesitated. He could feel his hold on the mind of the monster of chaos weaken slowly, as the instincts of the beast for sheer mayhem fought to break free of Strange's will. Should he falter in the least, the demon would do everything in its power to reduce not only Ares but Strange as well to broken, bloody messes.

And as much as Strange disliked the God of War, leaving him stranded in the Mojostral plane would be too cruel a punishment. "Begone, beast of the deep!" Strange cries out as he rips open the portal to the demon's home -- Strange can see a ruined parapet under weak sunlight -- and the beast plummets back down to its strange earth. After the portal is sealed, Strange leaps to the edge of the weird platform Ares holds on to, and thrusts his arm out for the God of War to take. "Take my hand, Ares! Lest you be lost in this labyrinth for the sake of Mojo's ratings! Take it, and take your revenge on the one who placed you in this position in the first place, Mojo!"

No roll, as I'm not sure if I can make an asset or advantage for the next scene right now. Waiting on Dyne's answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Doctor Strange

Landing hard on his buttocks in the control room, Strange gets to his feet with as much dignity as possible from the situation. "Greetings again, everyone," he says as he rubs his back, "do not be alarmed, but I found Ares." He looks around at the monitors and the various accoutrements, and Squirrel Girl's hands over Very Important Buttons. "I take it we've found something important here, no?"

• Locked thread