Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Punisher, Frank Castle

Tonight was just supposed to one of these re-arming operations. With the shitstorm all that Stamford business was brewing up, The Punisher wanted to make sure he was well-supplied for the days to come. Mutants, super-powers, people with galactic knowledge, that was all out of his league.

He only wanted guns and combat supplies. He parked his combat van in the New York docks, near an abandoned warehouse some russian gun smugglers were about to have a deal with the Yakuza. All in all it was supposed to be a satisfying night, he would net some dead scumbags and get some equipment for himself.

The moment he stepped outside his van the poo poo happened and he remembered nothing at all.

The Punisher glances at the weird people around him and frowns. "poo poo..." He recognizes a few of them, but wishes he didn't. "This isn't going with the plan at all..."

When he looks around at the smiling fat scum in front of him and the fact that he's in an entirely different place he takes a deep breath and stares at this... Mojo person in the monitor. "This isn't New York is it? Look, I don't know what you are, but you better explain things much clearer right now or I'm gonna make you wish you never involved me in whatever insanity this is."

code:

Affiliations
	Solo - D10
	Buddy - D8
	Team - D6

Distinctions
	Dead Inside
	Former Marine
	Obsessed Vigilante

Power Set - War on Crime

Enhanced Durability - D8
        Weapon - D10

SFX: Battle Van - Add a d6 to the doom pool to step up a Combat or Vehicles-related resource.
SFX: Explosives - Against multiple targets, for every additional target add a d6 and keep 
an additional effect die. For each complication you create  using your effect dice,
step up that effect die and add d6 to the doom pool.
SFX: Full Auto - Against a single target, step up or double a War on Crime die. 
Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
SFX: Take Your Shot. Spend 1 PP or take d6 physical stress to step up or double your Weapon die.
SFX: Welcome Back, Frank. Step up your physical stress die and move it to the doom pool. 
Spend 1 PP to do the same to physical trauma.

Limit: Gear. Shutdown a War on Crime power or SFX to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.
Limit: Tragic Past. When reminded of a past tragedy, step up mental or emotional stress to gain 1 PP.

Specialties
	Combat Master - D10
        Covert Master - D10
        Menace Master - D10
        Psych Expert - D8
        Crime Expert - D8
        Vehicles Expert - D8

Milestones
UNCOMPROMISING
	1 XP - When you explain to an ally how they are being weak and why it will get people killed.
	3 XP - When you stick to your mission even when compromised by innocent bystanders or obstacles.
	10 XP - When you convince a fellow hero to accept your methods or you decide to alter your methods 
out of deep respect for another hero and tell them so.
WAR ZONE
	1 XP - When you declare war on an enemy.
	3 XP - When you use a Transition Scene to arm yourself or your allies.
	10 XP - When you either take trauma in pursuit of your war or you are captured by the enemy.
Ok I guess I pick UNCOMPROMISING and the event milestones

frajaq fucked around with this message at May 7, 2014 around 23:41

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Punisher

"I'm glad at least someone has minimal knowledge about this lunacy, Doctor Strange." Frank says while checking to see if his small arsenal wasn't affected when he was... transported to whatever this place is.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Punisher sighs when JJJ does his usual babbling off, although he wondered how the hell he got his hands in one of the Stark's suits.

When this dude he has never seen before starts threatening him from nowhere, he stares at him right in the eyes without letting go of his weapons. "I also don't know who the hell are you. This is neither the time nor the place for it, so put your pistols away before you embarrass yourself."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Frank sighs again, this time much longer. "Not now, Deadpool..."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

"Great. A cop. Now this is one person I really can't kill at all." he thinks while turning around to see what Mojo just conjured.

Frank Castle's day got just a tiny bit better with the sudden appearance of his extremely useful and strangely comforting combat van. He goes to check it and it is a welcome surprise that everything is in place, just like he left it.

He stares again at Mojo's monitor. "By the way that's not how I work, Mojo. I only kill and explode scum that deserves to be killed. I'm not going to lift any of my guns unless drug dealers, mobsters, terrorists, slavers, murderers and the like are involved in this shithole."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

"I- Wha- How? Why?" It takes some real serious poo poo for Frank Castle to be at loss for words. And this moment is one of these rare occurrences. The Punisher finally met his polar opposite in regards to pretty much everything. He just shakes his head and stays silent for a few seconds. "Considering what is happening right now I will refrain from asking for explanations, girl. I'm Frank Castle. Just... just get out of my van and don't touch my weapons. And make sure to take all your little friends with you!"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

With the still silence The Punisher concentrates on what just happened. It was just to much out of his league. Insane Powers of the Galaxy and Crazy Mutant Squirrel Girls?

Frank Castle realizes he heard a very faint, but familiar voice before just now, and Bishop WAS talking to two people. He searches around and met his eyes on The Shocker, hands raised. He almost instinctively pulls his own handcannon sidearm and starts blasting him before remembering his own advice he gave to Bishop. This was not the time, there was a greater enemy out there. Maybe later, if he managed to survive and go back to Earth. He still gives a death glare to The Shocker before turning around in his van.

"If Mojo really does pretend to send his minions to us, well..." He searches inside his combat van where he prepared a crate with a very important piece of equipment inside, perhaps perfect for the situation to come. He pulls it outside and opens it, for all to see.

"...I think I'll be ready for it." He says as he starts to connect the ammunition backpack to it.

Ok after TUTORIAL TIME I'm going to use my Combat Master specialty and SFX Battle Van to make the minigun a D10 Resource for the next action scene

frajaq fucked around with this message at May 8, 2014 around 22:14

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Frank really doesn't get why people are bothering to introduce themselves at this point. He puts his ammunition backpack on and grabs the massive minigun on crate, his muscles carrying it with ease. He does one last check on the weapon before looking at Bishop that for some reason got the idea that he's the leader right now. "I agree with Doctor Strange, Bishop. I don't need your orders nor your sugestions. Stay out of my way when the bullets start flying."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

"What? NO DON'T YOU IDIOT" But it is too late. He can only watch as goddamn Deadpool drives away like crazy towards the incoming robot soldiers. "I hope at least he makes a good distracti-" It is at this moment that the laser fire almost wrecks his vehicle. Hopefully the van was a copy Mojo made from earth, and not his real van. But The Punisher was used to bleak disappointments about everything.

Frank Castle comes out of the invisibility spell with his minigun blazing towards the robotic horde, the rotating gun spewing ungodly amounts of deadly bullets on his enemies. Extremely pissed off, he roars as he keeps his finger pressed on the trigger. "YOU METAL PIECES OF poo poo! IT'S PUNISHING TIME! DOCTOR STRANGE LAUNCH FIREBALLS AT THEM OR SOMETHING!!"

Dice Pool: Team D6 Former Marine D8 Weapon 2D10 Minigun D10 Combat Master D10

I'll use one of the opportunities to activate SFX: Take Your Shot, and double up my Weapon die

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4497809/
1d6 = 2
1d8 = 3
4d10 = 10,9,6,2

I pick 10 and 9 so my total is 19. Effect dice is a d10.

I choose Doctor Strange next, hopefully I didn't gently caress up anything

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

1 PP, 4 XP, D10 stress

Now this is one situation The Punisher has a LOT of experience in. Getting shot by many enemies and trying to avoid actually getting hurt. However all those times it was against regular criminals, terrorists or soldiers. But it wouldn't be too hard against robots with lasers would it now?

Since he doesn't have any human shield to grab and stay behind, Frank tries to find any possible cover while making use of Strange's invisibility spell and hopefully avoid getting a laser blast in the chest.

Pool Dice for Defense: D6 Team D8 Former Marine D8 Enhanced Durability D10 Combat Master D6 strategy D10 Wilm's Warding D8 Robots stuck in earth

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4498017/
2d6 = 5,3
3d8 = 5,4,1
2d10 = 2,1

Picking 5 and 5 for Total 10. Effect dice d8

frajaq fucked around with this message at May 11, 2014 around 05:28

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So there it is. A scorch blast right in the middle of his chest, carving a hole in the big rear end white skull in his black shirt. It hurts like hell to speak but he does it anyway. "That does it. You robots finally managed to piss me off. I can't guarantee what happens next." He slowly rises and tries to avoid even more laser fire going in his direction. He then readies his minigun again, but this time he also picks a few frag grenades. If goddamn squirrels can bring these robots down so can grenades hopefully.

Using SFX: Welcome Back, Frank to step up my D10 physical stress to D12 and move it to the doom pool

Pool Dice for Defense: D6 Team D8 Former Marine D8 Enhanced Durability D10 Combat Master D6 strategy D10 Wilm's Warding D8 Robots stuck in earth

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4499092/
2d6 = 2,6
3d8 = 1,4,2
2d10 = 1,4

Picking 6 and 4, spending a PP to pick a further 4 and make my total 14. Effect dice is d10.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Just like before, but even more pissed off, Frank Castle hoses down the robot group that Bishop just attacked with more bullets from his minigun, but this time he fires in a few bursts, then throwing a grenade, and resuming firing. Repeat until these goddamn robots are dead on the ground.

Dice Pool: Team D6 Explosives 4D6 Former Marine D8 Good Ratings D8 Weapon 2D10 Minigun D10 Combat Master D10

I'll use the opportunity to activate SFX: Take Your Shot, and double up my Weapon die

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4499094/
5d6 = 3,6,4,1,1
2d8 = 8,8
4d10 = 8,9,1,7

I pick 8 and 9 for total 17, effect dice are 3D10, D8 and D6

I'm choosing Doctor Strange to be next in turn

frajaq fucked around with this message at May 12, 2014 around 04:51

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

As the rotating barrels start to slow down with no more enemies in sight and adrenaline simmering down, Frank Castle looks at his body and notices that it loving hurts a lot. But at least managed to bring some of the robots down, even if they shoot him again, this time in his thigh. He was used to that kind of pain though.

"Yeah I'm pissed, the violence just now helped alleviate some of it but I'm still angry. But some of it is at you." He glances between Deadpool and his wrecked van. "What the hell is wrong with you? What kind of idea was that? Hopefully I can still salvage some heavier body armor or something. If I'm going up against that firepower again I want to wear something a little more protective..."

Spending a PP to create an D8 Heavy Armor/Kevlar Suit Resource from Combat Master

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Frank sits down and then starts dressing his wounds from laser fire. It was hardly the first time The Punisher got scorched like that. "You're right Doctor Strange, we should focus on the real thre- why are you summoning a daemon?? Actually nevermind, I'm done asking questions about this insanity." He switches his focus from the DIMENSIONAL POWERS going on nearby to the first aid kit he managed to miraculously recover from his combat van's wreck. That special forces training ever so useful in situations like this.

DICE POOL FOR TRYING TO HEAL MYSELF OR SOMETHING: Team D6 Former Marine D8 Enhanced Durability D8 Combat Master D10

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4500067/
1d6 = 2
2d8 = 8,2
1d10 = 9

Picking 8 and 9, spending a PP to get the 2 for total 19, Effect Dice is D8

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Frank is about to say something really rude to Mojo before he is zapped yet again to somewhere else. When reality is back he cleans his eyes just to be sure that what he's seeing is real. New York City. Finally back home. Even one of his dumpster he used for body dumping was here, just waiting for him to be used.

He takes a deep breath as the city's usual terrible smell enters his nostrils, the day was finally looking up. He looks around and sees that none of the weirdos from before were zapped with him, even better!

When the The Three Stooges suddenly appear and start talking, The Punisher remains stoic as ever, but deep in thought. Either the three had suffered major brain damage and somehow forgotten about him, something that was quite possible just by looking at them. Or... this wasn't HIS New York City, it was one version of it that the sickfuck Mojo created just for him. And considering what both him and Doctor Strange pulled right in front of him just earlier, that wasn't hard to believe at all. Being a massive pessimistic and depressing person, Frank went with the later theory.

Still, there were three criminal scum near him just asking to die painfully. He would figure out what to do once they were taken care of. "Explaining would take too long and I'm getting impatient with this bullshit." He pulls his double .45 pistols sidearms from his holster and points them at Paste Pot Pete. "You. Idiot. You first. Just let me do something." Big Wheel was blocking the exit of the alley, but he wasn't planning to escape anyway. Frank castle kicks the sturdy dumpster in the direction of the wheeled guy, hoping to block him a little, just before he unloads his pistols on Paste Pot Pete without mercy.

Dice Pool: D10 Solo D8 Obsessed Vigilante D8 Dumpster 2D10 Weapons D10 Combat Master

Spending a PP for SFX: Take Your Shot. Doubling Weapon

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4503549/
2d8 = 2,1
4d10 = 10,4,9,10

Picking 10 and 10, spending a PP to add a 9 for 29 total, effect die is D10

Dyne Post of Stuff

Picking Stiltman to go next

frajaq fucked around with this message at May 16, 2014 around 04:30

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

3 PP, 6 XP

Now that was extremely satisfaying and helped alleviate some of his anger at being currently toyed with by Mojo. The reactions of Pete's comrades also were pretty drat funny. Frank Castle never smiled, but if he did, this would be one of these few moments.

He quickly focuses back on the remaining two idiots, because even if they were idiots you should never underestimate them. When Stilt-Man raises his metal foot Frank tries to dodge away towards the dumpster, hoping that it would glance off his attacks. He looks for a moment behind him to see incoming fire from Big Wheel's weaponry, and pushes the dumpster towards him for cover.

He pops fresh clips into his .45 pistols and unloads them yet again, this time at stupid silver extendable legs man.

Dice Pool for Defense against Stilt-Man: Solo D10 Combat Master D10 Former Marine D8 Enhanced Durability D8 Body Armor D8 Sturdy Dumpster D8
2d10 = 6, 8
4d8 = 3, 5, 6, 1

Picking 8 and 6 for 14 total, effect die is D10. 1 Opportunity

Dice Pool for Defense against Big Wheel: Solo D10 Combat Master D10 Former Marine D8 Enhanced Durability D8 Body Armor D8 Sturdy Dumpster D18
2d10 = 5, 9
4d8 = 1, 1, 3, 2

Picking 5 and 9 for 14 total, effect die is D8. 2 Opportunities

Dice Pool for attacking Stilt-Man: Solo D10 Combat Master D10 Weapon 2D10 Former Marine D8 Sturdy Dumpster D8.
Using SFX: Full Auto.

4d10 = 1, 10, 7, 1
2d8 = 2, 6

Discarding 10. Picking 7, 2 and 6 for total 15, effect die is D10. 2 Opportunities

Dyne Post of Stuff

Picking Big Wheel to go next

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

5 PP, 6 XP

No amount of tactical training could have prepared Frank for this. He stares at the two scum who should be DEAD with a dumbfounded expression on his face. "No... NOOOOOOOO! How? What is going on here?"

The Punisher's mind races trying to find explanations. Could they be zombies? No because they're acting like usual and that would be one hell of a quick transformation to zombie. Did Mojo mess with his pistols's ammo? Probably not. He checks his magazines and sees that they're loaded with the usual bullets.

I mean its not like it was the first time he fought against someone who came back from the dead. He cut The Russian's loving head off and General Kreigkopf still managed to resurrect that abomination, but that cost time and many resources for him.

But this? This is bullshit. Frank feels a rage boiling inside him, telling him to keep shooting these guys until nothing is left, or yell at the skies with promises to kill that fat bastard Mojo. But both options wouldn't result in anything productive.

It was time to calm down and find answers. He wasn't The Punisher only because he was really good at killing people, but also because he researched his enemies, the situation and its surroundings before planning and striking for maximum effect.

He takes a deep breath, loads his pistols and holsters them as he walks towards Pete and Stilt-Man and stares at them. "I'm the Punisher and I'm not from here. You two usually should be dead on the ground, but are not so clearly there's something wrong here. You guys didn't die but clearly still felt some kind of pain. Good." He taps his white skull. "Don't let the skull fool you. I'm not only good at killing people, I'm also extremely capable of inflicting maximum pain to people. Right now I need some answers and I expect you two to cooperate with me. What is a Fun Gun and how were you both able to stand up so fast?"

Dice Pool for asking questions and threaten these two dudes: Solo D10 Weapons D10 Menace Master D10 Dead Inside D8
3d10 = 3,1,8
d8 = 3

Picking 3 and 8 for total 11, effect die is D8

I now expect them to laugh at my face due to terrible rolling

Dyne Post of Stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

5 PP, 6 XP

"I'm... not from here. I shouldn't be here. This place is insanity." He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. If it's possible that a disgusting creature like Mojo can be killed, Frank would make sure of that. Right now he only wished that someone, anything could zap him away from his current location.

beam me up scotty

• Locked thread