Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool, 1PP, 0XP

If there was one thing Deadpool hated, it was how, after you ate toffee, some of it always stuck to your teeth, and it didn't really matter how much brushing you did afterwards, because that toffee was STUCK there. Ok, he got it, toffee was sticky. That was pretty much toffee's purpose. But Deadpool wished it could be selectively sticky, so that you didn't need a toothpick afterwards. Many the time he's thought of just killing the toffee manufacturers, but he knows that it doesn't make a difference. No matter how many he kills, there's always more to take their place.

He's not all that fond of being kidnapped by an extradimensional egomaniac and forced to star in a reality show either, but hey, at least he's a star. And the night had started off so well, too. Having been contemplating his life, Deadpool had decided to improve himself, so he had just gotten back from a benefit at the art museum to help starving orphans a strip club, and had settled down to watch a French postmodernist film The Real Housewives of Topeka, when all of a sudden, bang, zap, and he found himself stuck in a tv studio with Frank Castle, Dr. Strange, Bishop, a guy wearing a mattress, and some other people.

"Hey, I was busy!", he complains. "I was getting cultured! Oh, hey, Frank!,", he says, waving to the Punisher. "I've been meaning to ask, how do you feel about toffee?" Then his ears perk up at Dr. Strange's explanation. "perverse appetites for grotesquerie and depravity? Looking at him, I'd say more of a perverse appetite for tacos? You hear me?", he asks. "Hey, that's an idea! Lets get some tacos! I know a great place! Ok, so it's in Queens, and we're in some alternate dimension with a red sun, so first, we take a transdimensional portal, then we get on the LIE and head to Corona."

Taking Never Can Tell and the Event Milestones

pre:
Deadpool				Wade Wilson (Shhh.  It's a secret.  Sort of.)

Affiliations	Solo d10		Buddy d8	Team d6

Distinctions	Completely Unpredictable
		The Merc With the Mouth
		Totally Insane

Power Sets

Toys for Boys

Teleport d8	Weapon d8

SFX: 	Unnecessary Sales Boosting Violence. Against a single target, step up or double a Toys for Boys
die.  Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.

SFX: 	They Can Cut through a Tank....Honest ! Step back the highest die in your attack 
action pool to add a d6 and step up physical stress inflicted.

SFX: I Can Use Two At Once! On your next action or reaction, replace a Weapon die with 2d6

Limit: Gear. Shutdown a Toys for Boys power to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom 
pool to recover

Weapon X Augmentation!

Enhanced Reflexes d8       Enhanced Strength d8
Godlike Stamina d12        Psychic Resistance D12

SFX: Healing Factor. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back physical 
trauma.

SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ignore telepathy or mind control.

SFX: Breaking the Fourth Wall. When one of your opportunities is activated to add a 
d6 to the doom pool, replace it with a d4. Spend 1 PP to do this to an existing d6 
in the doom pool. 

Limit: Unstable. Step up mental stress to gain 1 PP.

Specialties

Acrobatics Expert d8		Combat Master d10
Covert Master d10		Menace Expert d8
Psych Expert d8

Milestones

Never Can Tell

1 XP when you first use your Unstable Limit in any Scene.
3 XP when you alter your pattern of insane joking to say something lucid, smart, and 
logical in the midst of super heroic chaos and weirdness.
10 XP when you arbitrarily switch sides in a conflict or reject a reasonable and attractive 
offer to remain with your allies.

Mysterious Past

1 XP when you reference a past connection with another character, real or imagined.
3 XP when you put another character at serious risk in order to explore your past 
connection with that character.
10 XP when you discover a significant fact about your past and have a serious emotional 
or mental breakthrough, or you discover a significant fact about your past and 
decide it isnít a big deal at all because mental breakthroughs are hard work. 

Epicurius fucked around with this message at May 8, 2014 around 01:18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool

"Got it. Tacos later, then." He turns to the screen. "Hey, so I'm just going to ask what I'm sure we're all thinking here. About the whole 'causing widespread destruction for your viewers' sadistic amusement' thing, what's it pay? Do we get residuals for syndication?"

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool

Deadpool watches what just occurred. "Are you keeping girls in your van again, Frank? Anyway, it's proper introduction time, although most of you know me. My story is a simple one. I was originally an engineer who owned a company making military hardware. After creating a battle suit for myself, I took it up to space to test it, along with my fiancee, her younger brother and my best friend. When we were up there, we were bombarded by cosmic radiation that gave us special powers. Inspired by this, when I got back, I decided to open a school to teach young mutants how to use their powers for good, and to work for equality and friendship between mutants and non-mutants. When I was there, though, I was exposed to gamma radiation, so when I get angry, I turn into a super strong giant. And that was how I discovered I was really the son of the Norse god Odin, and I use a magic hammer to help protect the Norse gods from their enemies. When I'm not doing that, I kill people for money. What about you?", he asks, looking at Shocker. "Were you bitten by a mutant oven mitt?"

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool

"Wait, is proper intoduction time over already?", Deadpool asks, obviously annoyed. "But the only people who introduced themselves are me, David Blaine, and Rodent Chick. That makes for a terrible song! 'With Deadpool, Doctor Strange too! Squrrel Girl and the rest! Here on Mojo's tv studio!' Where's the Professor? drat it! What about Mary Ann!"

A second passes as he calls himself down. "Ok. Its plan time. I get that. So here's my plan. I kill everybody. You guys help if you want. Then we get tacos."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool-1PP, 0 xp

Deadpool looks up as the combat robots start pouring into the room. "Finally! This conversation was getting boring!" He jumps back, and pulls his pistols from their holsters. "Good news. We're horribly outnumbered! That means that we'll have lots of targets, and they'll only have a few."

He looks around for anything that will give him an advantage, and sees...

"Hey, Frank, I'm taking your van! I've got an idea! Follow me and mop up! Hey, you don't have any more chicks in there, do you?" With that, he hops into the seat, turns the ignition, and steering the van into the biggest horde of enemies, laughs hysterically as he floors it. His gun out the window, he shoots into the crowd of robots with one hand, steering the van into them with another. As he steers towards them, he shouts, "You're up next, Frank!"

Dice pool! Team d6, Completely Unpredictable d8, Weapon d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8 (to steer the van), Frank's van d8, Bishop's plan d6 (which was for me to kill people, right?), Dr. Strange's mystical robot stumping spell, d10

So, 1d10, 4d8, 2d6

Robots? I hate those guys!: 1d10 1 4#1d8 4 3 1 4 2#1d6 5 2

Ok, so that's two 1s, then taking the 4 and the 5, so my total is 9, effect die is d8. If I succeed, inflicting stress on one of the hordes. Frajaq, you're up.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool 0xp, 3 pp

Deadpool slumps against the seat of the van. "Did somebody get the license plate of that train?", he moans. The best laid plans of mice and Deadpools....

Using the "Breaking the Fourth Wall" SFX to force the d6s added to the doom pool by these opportunities down to d4s

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool 2 pp, 6 xp

Deadpool pulls himself together (literally. Organs are starting to come out of the holes made by the laser beams.) "Lucky this healing factor isn't on the fritz", he mutters. He can't help but feel a vague sense of disappointment...it doesn't count if Mojo destroys the robots himself.

He climbs out of the wrecked van and goes over to his costars. "Did that whole thing piss the rest of you off as much as it did me? I mean, he just blew them up. I was going to blow them up! I had rolled and everything! Anyway, what say we get out of here and find Mojo in person before he sends more things after us? Then we beat him until he sends us home."

Spending a PP and using my healing factor to get rid of my stress.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at May 13, 2014 around 00:10

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool 2 pp, 6 xp

"Me? Why be pissed at me? I should be pissed at you! That van's not safe. It doesn't even have airbags! I could have been killed! And why bring a van if you don't want it driven?"

He holds his hand up. "Anyway, we can go on and on about who crashed whose van and all, but that doesn't get us any closer to getting out of here." He looks at the suit that Frank is trying to build. "You know, all that armor is just going to slow you down. The trick is not to get in the way of the bullets in the first place. It also helps not to put a giant skull on your chest for the other side to aim at. Have you thought about a sweater vest? Just an idea."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool

Deadpool listens to Bishop yell at him, and doesn't say anything until the large mutant finishes. "You can call me a loose cannon, but I'm not the one screaming at air and summoning metaphysical concepts.", he says, glancing over at Dr. Strange. "Trust me, I've done it. Air doesn't always listen. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it just goes its own way."

"Look, Bishop, I took a risk. And, Bishop, it didn't work. You ever take risks, Bishop? They always work out for you, Bishop? And while they were shooting me, they weren't shooting you, right, Bishop? Ever think about that, Bishop? Besides, Bishop? What was your plan, Bishop? That I attack the enemy, Bishop? Did I do that, Bishop? So why are you complaining, Bishop? Bishop, Bishop, Bishop."

Then, he vanishes, and Bishop feels someone tapping on his shoulder. "Boo!" Then Deadpool teleports back in front of Bishop. "You need to relax. Set a spell. Take your shoes off. Mojo will throw more stuff at us, we'll smash it up good, then we'll find a way out of here. I know you X-Men aren't happy unless you're forced to make some deep moral choice that's all shades of grey, but calm down. You can't tell me this isn't fun."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool 2 PP, 6 XP

Deadpool is beginning to regret letting his frequent flier memberships expire, because with the travelling he's done today, he'd probably be entitled to a bunch of free trips. And now he's face to face with a woman who wants to kill him. So, a typical Saturday night. "Well, you're easier to look at than Mojo is. I'll give you that." He looks her up and down. And then, for good measure, does it again, both at her and the weapons she's holding. He then turns and looks out at the crowd...the place is packed. All looking at the stage. All looking at him. The smart move would be to get out of there; stay back and do some gunwork. But it's too crowded for that, really. Besides, why disappoint his fans? "Looks like we're on." he says to the six armed woman, drawing his katanas. "You like these, by the way?", he asks, flourishing his swords. "They were made by the same people who worked on 'The Last Samurai'. That's what they said at least. I picked them up at a garage sale along with some John Denver 8-tracks. Come to think of it, though, I'm wondering if the guy ripped me off."

"Hey, what's your name, anyway? I want to get it right for your tombstone.", he asks, as he jumps towards her, his swords out and down, trying to catch her off guard.

Die Pool. Solo, d10, Merc with the Mouth, D8, Weapon with SFX "Unnecessary Sales Boosting Violence, so 2d8, Enhanced Reflexes, d8, Combat Master, d10.

Fighting: 2#1d10 3 4 4#1d8 4 7 8 4

So, dropping the 8, total is (7,4,4=15), Effect D10

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool, 0 PP, 6 XP

"Rita! It is you!" Deadpool says in astonishment as he teleports back and dives into a roll to, unsuccessfully, avoid her blades, leaving him cut pretty badly. "You're looking good. I mean, considering. You know. Sorry about last time." He turns to the audience and leans into the microphone. "We had a thing. It didn't work out.", then redirects his attention to her and the blades that are coming close to his torso. "So, you're still working for Mojo?" He leans back into the mic. "She made somebody I know Asian. It was an X-Men thing. They have the WEIRDEST plots."

"You know, you look tired. You should rest.", he says as he, ducking and weaving, swings his swords low, trying to get past her defenses.

Spending a pp to buy the opportunity and using it to shut down Superhuman Reflexes.

Reaction dice: Solo, d10, Merc with the Mouth, d8, Open Mic Night, d8, Teleport d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Acrobatics Expert, d8

Dodging: 1d10 5 5#1d8 1 3 1 8 4

Two opportunities, 5+8 effect, d8

Hurt for d10. Spending a PP to get rid of it.

Attacking: Solo, d8 (reduced from d10), Merc with the Mouth, d8, open Mic Night, d8, Weapon, d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Combat Master d10, using sfx "They can cut through a tank, honest" for additional d6

It slices, it dices!: 1d10 6 5#1d8 7 1 8 6 2 1d6 2

1 opportunity, roll 8+7, effect die d12 (stepped up by SFX)

Proactively using Breaking the 4th Wall to reduce any opportunities bought by the GM to d4

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool 1 PP, 6 XP

"Yep, mouthing off and kicking rear end. That's what I'm good at." Then, the world turns inside out, and Deadpool's attacked by many swords at once, too many to dodge, one of which slices through his shoulder and leaves his arm twitching on the ground. Deadpool looks at his severed arm, frowns, and reattaches it.

"Look, Rita. We can do this all day if you want.", he says as he makes a fist with the newly reattached arm, and then, swords in hand, crouches for the attack. "But there's something bothering you, and, for once, an asskicking won't cure it. So, tell Uncle Wade what's happening.", he says as he teleports out of sword range.

Dodging. Solo, d10, Completely Unpredictable, d8, Teleport, d8, Enhanced Reflexes, d8, Combat Master, D10.
Dodging: 1#1d10 5 3#1d8 6 4 2

so, 11, d8. Think I missed a d10 there, but...

Taking the d12 stress, then using 1 pp and healing factor to cure it.

Attacking, Solo, d10, Merc with the mouth, d8, teleport, d8, psych expert, d8.

Psychoanalysis and Talk Therapy: 1d10 2 3#1d8 6 3 5

Total of 11, d10

Epicurius fucked around with this message at May 26, 2014 around 21:03

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

College Slice

Deadpool

"That's true. We do appeal to males between 18-29. Mojo must be raking it in hand over fist. He paying you, by the way? Doesn't seem right to me that he's making a fortune off me and I'm not getting a share.", Deadpool remarks as he jumps back into the fight, aiming his pistols at her and firing.

Solo, D10, Merc with a Mouth, D8,Weapon (I can use 2 at once), 2d6, Enhanced Reflexes, D8, Combat Master, D10

Attacking: 2#1d10 1 6 2#1d8 6 1 2#1d6 3 1

3 opportunities, 12 (6,6), effect die 6. Proactively using Breaking the 4th Wall to change all the opportunities into d4

• Locked thread