Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Lucas Bishop

Bishop was sitting around a meeting at the precinct building in Mutant Town. Things had been in a buzz since Stamford. Everyone was freaked, here was a giant population of mutants smack dab in the middle of one of the world's largest cities. The station house had been busy trying to put out fires, both literal and figurative, as well as prepare disaster planning.

In the three days since, there had been a huge increase in anti-mutant violence, including a skirmish between some mutants and a Purifier detachment just last night, threatening to be another Stamford had Bishop not arrived to knock heads together. Izzy had scribbled something on a piece of paper and nudged Bishop to read what it said. As Bishop looked down his vision went fuzzy.

As Bishop regains his sight, he looks around at those present. Doctor Strange he at least knew, though he had never met him, reputation and what not. Same thing with that scum J. Jonah Jameson. Bishop wanted to punch the biggot, but that's when he sees Frank Castle as well as The Shocker. Ignoring the fat gently caress on the screen, Bishop draws his futuristic energy pistol and aims it at both The Shocker and The Punisher, "Both of you put your hands up! You're both wanted for multiple crimes including criminal battery, murder, attempted murder, robbery and hell I don't even know what else!"

Going to use the even milestones and cop from the future. Think I get an exp for being all cop on frajaq and the Shocker.

Werix fucked around with this message at May 8, 2014 around 01:06

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Bishop

Bishop lowers his pistol, the blood-thirsty vigilante was right, it would be better for them to at least figure out what's going on first; plus apparently being a cop entertains the fat bastard in charge, and Bishop sure doesn't want to do that. "Name's Lucas Bishop, on again off again x-Man, currently employed as a FBI police officer for District X." Bishop quickly pulls out his badge and flashes it before he turns to Doctor Strange, "Doctor Strange, right? Know you by reputation, wish our first meeting was under better circumstances. So you know this guy? Wadda we have to do to get the hell out of here?"

Werix fucked around with this message at May 8, 2014 around 02:51

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Bishop

Whatever it is that Strange is doing seems to be shielding them, but this Mojo guys sounds like they're going to call in some deep poo poo. Bishop has been through some hairy situations before, and this Mojo and whatever his reinforcements are should be cake. One thing he's learned though, is that the only way that works is if you're well organized, which needs a leader, and no one here seems to be leader material. Getting this allotment of bigots and criminals to work together should be fun.

Bishop motions for everyone to huddle trying to keep his voice down so the cameras can't hear, unless whatever Strange did also made them invisible and unable to be heard. "okay, sounds like this Mojo is calling in the big guns, so we gotta be ready for combat. Punisher engage targets at range. Deadpool was it? I assume those guns and pig stickers ain't for show, so you float between ranged support and providing melee support to some of the weaker ones." Bishop then looks at The Shocker, barely hiding his disdain for the criminal, "Okay, I heard your gloves let out kinetic vibrations, right? I can absorb some kinetic energy, but not as good as that Shaw fucker, but I can also dish it out; you and I will focus on blasting whatever comes in."

He then turns to Jameson, "that thing you in function like Stark's suit? If so I guess fly around and zap folks we can't get at." Lastly he looks at Squirrel Girl and Doctor Strange, "To be honest, i am not totally aware of what you two are fully capable of. So you two use your discretion." Bishop sighs and runs his head through his hair, "Okay, we work together and understand our role, we get through this just fine."

Bishop draws his pistol and awaits the coming horde.

Okay, if I understand this right, I am going to use my one PP to create a combat expert resource for the coming scene ahead. You all get a d6 resource die so long as you're working within the combat plan. If I'm wrong on how that works, correct me Dyne.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Bishop

Bishop looks at doctor strange, maybe he had been busy with his magic stuff when he flashed his badge? "Like I said doctor, My name's bishop. Former X-Man. Currently working for NYPD in District X. Also, I'm from an apocalyptic future where mutants are marked and interred in camps. " he points to the "M" tattooed over his eye. "Sorry, left my resume and references at home, so can we focus now? "

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Bishop

Bishop watches the hot mess of what is going on, and it takes everything he has to not sigh uncontrollably. Apparently when you take some of the strongest Metas known to man, and Jameson, and you throw them together, you get absolutely nothing. Still someone had to do something.

Not planning on being an idiot and stepping outside the invisibility sphere, he draws his future-tech gun. The plus side of the gun, besides being from the future, was the Fact that Bishop could channel his pent up energy into the gun, which he does as he aims at the group of robots Squirrel Girl is not encounter; he doesn't want to fry any of the critters.

Okay, first time building a dice pool, let's see if I got this. 1d8 from team, 1d4 from distinction (so I can pocket a PP) 1d8 from Guns power, 1d8 from combat expert, 1d8 from good ratings, 1d10 from Wilm's Warding, and my 1d6 sound plan gets me, 4d8, 1d4, 1d10, 1d6.

4d8, 1d4, 1d10, 1d6=[6, 3, 5, 8], [2], [2], [6]

Going to pick the 8,6, and spend a plot point to pick the other 6 for a total of 20, and using the D10 as my effect die.

Uhm, one of the robit hordes next.

Werix fucked around with this message at May 12, 2014 around 03:56

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Bishop

With the last of the robots self destructing, and Mojo's words, Bishop's gut drops out of him. They barely survived that, and now Mojo was going to send more at them? This rag-tag group was going to get pulverized. As The Punisher rages at Deadpool, Bishop can't help but to back him up, "The grief-riddled vigilante is right, what the hell were you thinkin'? I can tell you ain't much of a team player, but this Mojo guy ain't fuckin' around. We have got to work together! If you're just going to be running around be a loose loving cannon, then get the hell away from us! I want to be far away from you when whatever the hell this Mojo bastard is sending next loving kills you!"

Bishop feels much better after yelling at Deadpool, it felt good. He then looks around and sees that they're still exposed. He goes around ripping up parts of the scenery to try and build some barricades to defend against, since his planning last time didn't much help.

I guess I'll try to make a defense asset, so 1d8 from team, 1d8 from dark future survivor, 1d8 from enhanced strength to lift poo poo, and 1d8 from Combat expert.

4d8=23

So 12 and a d8 as the effect die.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Bishop

There he is, Magneto. The Mutant who, along with his like-minded ilk, engaged in so much anti-human activity it led to humanity developing the Sentinels out of desperation; a development that was one step towards the internment camps that were Bishop's childhood.

There is nothing Bishop would want more than to kill Magneto; but Bishop also wasn't stupid. Magneto was one of the strongest mutants known. He could take Bishop's gun and turn it on him, cause immense pain as he manipulates the iron in Bishop's own blood cells. Plus Shocker still seems unconscious. Granted this probably wasn't the real Magneto, Bishop doubted that Mojo was that powerful. Bishop may have played along with Mojo's desire for combat last time, but not now. Let's see how much his viewers like philosophical debate!

"YOU WILL LOOK AT ME MAGNETO!", Bishop makes sure to shout and rouse the elder mutant from his sleep. "My name is Lucas Bishop, and I come from a future that you're responsible for! A future where humans, based out of fear and desperation because of you, make giant mutant hunting robots called Sentinels! A future where despite your belief in 'mutant superiority' we still got beaten down!"

Bishop marches up towards the throne. he points at the "M" tattoo above his eye, "They brand us and put us in concentration camps! I bet that sounds familiar does it not? Do you still bear the numbers the Nazis' gave you? Your whole crusade is for naught! In the end you die unsuccessful; your only legacy a down-trodden mutant population treated as second class citizens. Your place is history is nothing but a spectre; a bogey man just like Adolf Hitler; a name used to frighten the ignorant!"

Bishop begins to laugh, "they still Remember Charles Xavier's name though! Even dead and his dream of peaceful co-existence in 'tatters', mutants still strive for his ideals, and you're seen as not a hero, but a villain to all mutant-kind! What do you have to say to that, Monster?"

Even as he finishes his words Bishop knows the response is going to be pain.

okay, d10 for buddy (even if Shocker is a bump on a log) d8 for future survivor/make a difference, no power sets help, and d8 for Menace expert.

1d10+2d8=14

Okay i got one complication for magneto to own me with. taking the 7 and 6 for 13 and a D6 for the effect die, since I guess we can do that.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Bishop

Bishop feels like quite the idiot, having spouted out things near to his soul in front of The Shocker, only for it all to be directed at a corpse; though Bishop had to admit, it had felt fuckin' cathartic when he was through. It would seem Bishop wasn't quite over the whole "coming from a blasted hellhole of a future."

He tunes out the mechanical voice and the whining of the Shocker as he slowly approaches the throne. If something had killed Magneto, it had to have been powerful, and it might still be lurking around the station. He gets close to the dried and desiccated husk that was once Erik Lehnsherr. Automatically Bishop goes into homicide detective mode. He peers at the wound studying the hole and what was inside. He looks for broken bones, and an exit wound, that would help Bishop tease out what made the wound. If the bones appear broken then a hard blunt force passed through Magneto, if the "breaks" looked clean, then something of immense power cut through the Master of Magnetism and disintegrated the bone.

Then he examines the clothing around the wound. If it looked scorched or burnt that means either a high energy blast caused the wound, or a firearm from close enough range to cause powder burn. The scene spoke even more to what happened. For Magneto to die, seated as he was, he would have been taken off guard, have known and been comfortable with his assailant, or have misjudged the attacker as not a threat worthy of engaging.

He had to tease out the secret of the crime scene before he'd let himself be bothered by whatever the Criminal had found.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Bishop

While turning Magneto around to examine the wound in his back is the first time Bishop gets a look out the window. He is shocked at first, but quickly composes himself; they were in this Mojoverse, that isn't the real Earth, this wasn't the real Magneto, all of it was just some sick fat bastard's fantasy.

It was still a fantasy that could hurt though. He draws his gun and slowly walks over to The Shocker, still in awe of the sights below him, even if they were not "real" in the strictest sense. Bishop addresses the Shocker, his eyes not leaving the viewport, "You know who, or what could have done this? Same person that killed Magneto up there, used a directed energy blast; not even i could destroy most the Earth with my abilities, not that I'd ever want to."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Bishop

Bishop shrugs, "better than just staring out this window, let's find some computers." Bishop takes one last glance over at the body of Magneto, "good riddance fucker," he whispers under his breath as he lets the Technology guru lead the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Bishop

"What in the hell happened here," Bishop mutters under his breath as he peers into the room. "Why the hell would Spidey be up here fighting loving Quicksilver?" The cop quickly shakes his head. All this was fake, a stupid loving set up by that fat bastard sent them here. The sooner they figured out whatever game he was at, the sooner they could get off this obsurd, make-believe murder mystery.

"You wanna hang around here, Shock, or should we keep going?"

• Locked thread