Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Squirrel Girl
Plot Points: 1 | Experience Points: 0

Everything is, indeed, as Frank Castle left it. Except... except...

He probably didn't leave a squirrel in his van. As far as armaments go, a squirrel has low firepower, poor penetration, and is very hard to carry concealed, generally due to the squirming. No, it looks like the van came with extra baggage.

A few dozen other squirrels scurry out of the van, looking to dash past the Punisher as an... unfamiliar but distinctive face pokes out from behind the driver seat. "Alright, buster, I don't know what game you're playing, but-", she starts, before looking a little surprised to see the Punisher. "YOU?!"

This is Doreen Green, aka Squirrel Girl. She and the Punisher have never met. It's as if some cosmic force has conspired to keep them apart.

Until now.

"Well, that explains this van! Not exactly street-legal, is it?", she says admonishingly as she steps into the back, putting her hand against the ceiling to avoid hitting her head. "If you could just, you know, put those guns back, I can just turn this in at the police station where it belongs!", she adds with a sincerity that's almost a bit farcical.

Seemingly, she doesn't quite have the full grasp of the situation. Or a gasp at the situation, whichever comes first.

pre:
Squirrel Girl				Doreen Green

Affiliations	Solo d8		Buddy d6	Team d10

Distinctions	Chipper Personality
		The Slayer of All That Breathes
		Universally Loved

Power Sets

Squirrely

Enhanced Reflexes d8	Enhanced Strength d8
Leaping d8		Squirrel Control d10
Wall-Crawling d8

SFX: 	Claws. Step back the highest die in an attack action pool 
	to add a d6 and step up physical stress inflicted.

SFX: 	I Win! Activate an opportunity and spend a PP to remove 
	2d10 from the doom pool and end a scene with Squirrel Girl
	as the victor. TBD.

Limit:	So Sleepy! Shut down any Squirrely power to earn a PP. Recover
	by activating an opportunity or during a transition scene.

Limit:	Mutant: When affected by mutant-specific complication or
	tech, earn a PP.

Tippy-Toe and Friends!

A Mass of Fur and Teeth	 d6 + d6 + d6

SFX:	Squirrels! Activate an opportunity and spend a PP to add a d6
	to A Mass of Fur and Teeth.

SFX:	They're Everywhere! Against multiple targets, for each
	additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.

Limit-:	Tippy-Toe, NO! A Mass of Fur and Teeth may be targeted 
	individually or by Area Attack SFX. d8 physical stress inflicted
	removes a die from A Mass of Fur and Teeth power. Recover A Mass
	of Fur and Teeth power after a Transition Scene.

Specialties

Combat Master d10		Psych Master d8
Tech Master d10			Vehicles Expert d8

Milestones

Enough With All the Gloom and Doom!

1 XP	when being supportive or complimentary towards other superheroes.
3 XP	when grieving over a tragic event or disaster.
10 XP	when you convince someone to turn away from a dark path, or go to extreme
	lengths to try and undo a tragedy.

Here We Go Again!

1 XP	when you assert that you or one of your pet squirrels is a full-fledged
	superhero.
3 XP	when you use I Win! to end a scene.
10 XP	when you decide to join a major superhero team and "go mainstream" or decide
	you're content with your place on the fringes of the superheroic community.
Tippy Toe Says: "Wait, did that application say she beat Deadpool? That doesn't happen until after Civil War! So much for reading comics! Leaving the Great Lakes Avengers? That's after Dark Reign! Well, I guess it's canon now, great going, goon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Squirrel Girl

An irritated look crosses Squirrel Girl's face, as she says, "Squirrels have a very sharp sense of smell, and when you pack your van full of gunpowder and bombs, it's obvious to their little noses! Also, your van is electrified and has bombs on the outside- somebody could get hurt! Spider-Man may have put up with your funny business, but-"

She's interrupted by a grey squirrel with a pink bow that darts onto her shoulder, however, chittering as her attention turns aside. "Huh? Look outside?", she says to the squirrel, and then she darts back to the front of the van at squirrel-speed to peer out through the windshield.

"Ut-oh. This doesn't look like 103rd and Lexington!", she adds, before reaching into her utility bags to pull out a set of cards, flipping through them intently before finding the right one.

"Mojo!", she finally identifies, finding the right card to match to the jaundiced face.

Pointing back into the van, she narrows her eyes at the urban vigilante (who lives by no rules but his own). "You're off the hook... for now."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Squirrel Girl

Squirrel Girl swings up through the driver's side window, flipping atop the van. She looks around with wide eyes, noting:
  • Doctor Strange, master of the arcane arts!
  • IRON MAN!- wait, no, Tony doesn't smoke!
  • Punisher, bad skull guy.
  • Quilt-Man? Costume looks comfy!
  • X... Force? Factor? X a thing.
  • ... oh no.
"I know who you are!", she replies to Deadpool, giving him a sour look. "Well, first off, we have to deal with this Mojo guy, and he's nuts, and not in the macadamia kind of way.", she points out, "Tippy-Toe and crew! Let's give him a show!", she adds, pointing at the cameras, and the squirrels dash in all directions, rushing up walls and towards the myriad lenses.

Team d10 + Universally Liked d8 + Squirrel Control d10 + Squirrels d6/d6/d6 + Combat Master d10 + Area Effect d6/d6/d6/d6/d6/d6/d6 + d6 Bishop's Advice resource + Spending a PP for a d8 Adorable Squirrels stunt! = 17 with effect dice of d10 + d10 + d8 + (d6 x 5) and two opportunities to try and attack the camera "mob".

The cameras are beset by squirrels, some seeking wires, controls, or lenses to fiddle with; others just covering or even cavorting in front of the cameras. Tippy-Toe is shimmying in front of a lens, trying to make it less "Contest of the Champions" and more terrible youtube video. And, more importantly, try and block Mojo from getting to watch what's going on! "Don't worry about me! I've fought MODOK before, this should be a lot like that. Oh- and-" She puts her hands on her hips to hero-pose. "Squirrel Girl, at your service!"

Her eyes narrow as she looks at Deadpool. "Except you, you... you!"

Milestones, BTW, will be Enough With All the Gloom and Doom! and Lights, Camera, RATINGS!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Squirrel Girl
Plot Points: 0 | Experience Points: 0

Doreen looks to the others from her spot atop the van. "I don't know this Bishop fellow either, but we have to work as a teeeeeaaaa-"

Her words trail off as the van tails off, and she sways, trying to keep her balance... until it crashes on account of Deadpool, and she's flung forward towards the hood. Her tail catches Frank's roof-mounted minigun, though, and she comes to a sudden stop. Hanging down in front of the ruined windshield, she narrows her eyes at Deadpool.

"And that's why you fasten your safety belt!", she says to Deadpool as if giving a public service announcement, before swaying back to her feet. Springing up to the top of the set, she dashes along the camera and mic supports to get high ground over their foes. As she runs along them, the squirrels fall into a loose formation behind her as she moves above one of the robot hordes. But one squirrel is one squirrel too many...

And then the supports suddenly collapse under too much weight! Doreen and a good number of squirrels tumble into a crowd of robots, crashing into them in a way that that's pointedly unplanned.

Attacking an undamaged robot goon squad: Team d10 + Mojovisions Production Studio d4 (+1 PP) + Squirrel Control d8 (activating Claws) + A Mass of Fur and Teeth 3d6 + Combat Master d10 + They're Everywhere! 12d6 = 14 with effect dice of d12 + d8 + (d6 x 10) and 2 opportunities, bumping her back up to 1 PP and earning 1 XP as well.

But she's up again! She lashes out in a frantic blur, like a cornered animal, but with uncommon speed and fury. On the other hand, her squirrels run between the robots' feet, leaping up at them. And if there's an exposed or weak point in the robots, her squirrels can find it!... if there is one, anyway.

"You get away from these people!", she calls out as she draws a spur and tries to punch it right into a robot's neck-equivalent. "Most of them may be criminals, but this is clearly cruel and unusual punishment!"

Also, did I shift the Ratings at all with my previous action attacking the cameras with a stunt? Keeping my milestones in order.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Whups, really sorry. Let's go with Mob 2.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Squirrel Girl
Plot Points: 3 | Experience Points: 4

Squirrel Girl is weaves out of the way, before ducking under a fallen catwalk. Thankfully, though they divet the catwalk, they don't shatter it, giving her shelter. Meanwhile, squirrels leap on toe faces - well, optic sensors - to try and distract them!

But then, the catwalk is taking a battering, and finally gives way. Squirrel Girl springs from under it, avoiding getting hit by just a tail - literally speaking - and then bends out of the way of an incoming robot strike as she reaches into a bag at her side, before pulling out a small metal wrench and flinging it!

The wrench tumbles dramatically end-over-end past several robots, before being caught by Tippy-Toe, who holds it triumphantly over her squirrely head.

"Go for their nuts, Tippy-Toe!", she calls out, seemingly unaware of the implications of such a statement.

Rolling to defend! - Team d10 + Mojovisions Production Studio d4 (+1 PP / XP) + Enhanced Agility d8 + A Mass of Fur and Teeth 3d6 + Combat Master 2d8 = 17 with a d8 and one opportunity.. That gets get 1 PP and 1 XP. Then, spending a PP gained to create an d8 Conveniently-Sized Wrench resource with Tech Master.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Squirrel Girl
Plot Points: 3 | Experience Points: 5

From the wreckage, Squirrel Girl's head pops up, before shimmying a little as she springs up with her horde of followers. Trying to shake robot wreckage off, "The Bishop and The Doctor are right! We need to work as a team, find Mojo, and nip him in the bud. We can't let our differences as heroes and villains divide us-"

For the record, Doreen's point of view:
  • Heroes: Squirrel Girl, Dr. Strange, Bishop? (uses guns, though?)
  • Villains: Punisher, Deadpool, Iron Jonah
"- all that can be fussed out once we get out of here!" She narrows her eyes at Punisher momentarily, and then she chirps to her furry friends, which dart around the room, searching.

Looking over her shoulder, she asks plainly of Dr. Strange. "You're the Sorcerer Supreme! I'm sure you can find a way home... or to Mojo? Either would be really nice."

And to Bishop, she adds, "If you're a detective, can you find any clues as to how to get out?" She looks over to him, hands on her hips. "I mean, that's a very nice waist-high wall, but we need to solve this mystery!"

A quick roll for recon: Team d10 + Squirrel Control d10 + A Mass of Fur and Teeth 3d6 = 13 with a d10 effect. Also, just looking to grab a quick 1 XP for being complimentary and supportive!... if a little pushy.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Squirrel Girl
Plot Points: 3 | Experience Points: 5

"Oh, that's a great idea, Dr. Strange!", Squirrel Girl says as she reaches the top of the wall, before being warned away by a furry friend. Then, with the studio ground gone, she darts about in place, looking around. "Dr. Strange? Mr. Bishop? Anyone? Gosh, they're all... gone? Taken away by that wicked Mojo fellow, no doubt!"

She rubs her head, and then drops down prone as she sees the Mojodroids. A squirrel chirps at her, and she nods. "That is suspicious, Petey Whiskers!", she replies to the squirrel. She watches the robots patrol, and then hmmms. "Well, it's awful hard to sneak up on a flat moonscape like this."

She then moves to a crouch, and points to of her companions. "Twitchy! Pancake Butters! You two, distract them by pretending to be rabid!" The two squirrels rear up on their hind legs, doing their best to look threatening.

"Daisy, Checker Socks, you're on wave two, you do figure eights around their legs, get them to hit their own feet!" Another two squirrels dart about in circles, as if ready to take off on a race.

"Finally, you guys, Busta Chimes, Tailchaser, Oreo Cheeks, and your buds, I need you to form a-" She raises her hand to indicate height. "- Tower of Power and try and find a way inside whatever control mechanism controls the door to that building!"

She thumbs at herself as she gets ready to move. "And I'll take care of those robots! Got it?" There's some salutes, a squirrel falls over backwards, and another is still chasing its own tail.

Nothing can go wrong!

Rolling to try an create a Squirrel Heist Team asset: Solo d8 + Universally Loved d8 + Squirrel Control d10 + Tippy-Toe and Friends! 3d6 + Combat Master d10 = 14 with a d10 effect with 1 opportunity by spending a PP to keep an extra die, because yeesh, that was some ugly rolling.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at May 20, 2014 around 15:43

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Squirrel Girl
Plot Points: 2 | Experience Points: 5

As she walks in, Squirrel Girl brags proudly, "And that's what happens when I really don't hold back!" She looks over at the monitors, and then gets distracted by Wally, looking to the twin doors of dooo... ooo... ooom.

Turning to some chirping from a squirrel atop the railing, she frowns, replying to the squirrel, "Catch him with his pants down?! Sir Chauncey of Nuttington, you are nobility and you should know better manners than that!" She looks to the doors again-

Tippy Toe says: "What mysteries could be found inside... Mojo's Bathroom?"

Squirrel Girl's expression says a thousand words, and she turns away, paying attention to other things in this room.

Tippy Toe says: "Good call."

And so instead she hooks her claws into the overhang, swinging down to have a better look at what's going on Mojo's monitors! She doesn't know how long she has until he finishes his business, but maybe there are clues as to what happened to her friends acquaintances the others!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Squirrel Girl

Squirrel Girl jumps as Jonah crashes down, and then drops to the floor. "Mr. Jameson!", she says, springing over. "Gosh, I'm sorry to see you like this! But maybe this'll give you a better understanding of the trials and tribulations of costumed heroes...", she muses aloud, not that Jonah's probably in much of a state to reflect on much of anything at the moment.

"Well, if he sent you away with this machine, then... it should be-" Tippy-Toe chitters, and she nods. "~ yes, I was just about to say that~!" She then looks around at the monitors, trying to find others that might be visible.

"Who should I rescue first? I guess I should help whoever would seem to be in the biggest trouble...", she thinks aloud, hands on her hips. Searching the screens, she asks rhetorically: "Where's that Quilt-Master fellow?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Squirrel Girl

"And I have some words to say to you, mister!", Squirrel Girl says, leaning forward as Tippy-Toe perches on her shoulder, similarly learning forward accusatorily. "You're a grown man! What do you have to say for yourself in that suit?"

See: Squirrel Girl, #1 Iron Man fan. "That's a priceless antique! It's all dinged up now, did you know Tony Stark used that Mark I to fight the Melter and it was painstakingly restored after he had to discard it-" She pauses, and seems to catch herself. "- I'm sorry, Iron Man is just my favorite!", she adds huffily. "But we don't have time for that!"

"Anyway, I'm pretty sure Mojo is-" She pauses, as if conspiratorially whispering. "- making a number 2. I'd stay out of there until he gets back, and we can see if we can free anybody else!"

Turning back to the monitors, she watches Punisher's scene for a moment. "Well, there's Quilt- wait, no... I think that's... too fluffy? And oh, boy, it's old skull-shirt, and-" She pauses, covering her mouth as he gets hit by a brick, trying to stifle some giggles. "Maybe I should let this go... wait... no..."

"They were right! TV does rot your brain!"

Quickly, she jams on the button to try and pull Frank out of there. It might even be the right button.

Whether or not it is the right button I'll leave up to frajaq!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

Squirrel Girl

Squirrel Girl beams with pride. "Yep! Looks like I found his central control room!", she says, wrists on her hips. "Ares, though? Gosh, we sure keep bringing in some real anti-heroes! But as long as you're down with stopping Mojo, I'll give you a pardon on your criminal ways until we get back to Earth!" She seems to be perfectly serious about that notion, but then, she is probably the most "Superhero with a capital S" out of the assembled captives. All she

"It looks like all we're missing are Officer Bishop and that Quilt-Man fellow, though!", she declares, and then looks back to the screens, rubbing her chin. "Once we get them back, we can take on Mojo!... once Mojo finishes..." She searches for the right term, and then stage-whispers, "... taking care of business."

• Locked thread