Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Just from eyeballing, this is how I see the teams on a relative salary scale. Putting the bigger salaried players in parentheses ($10+/yr @ 2014), at least the ones I recognize.

High
Tampa Bay [~$125M] (McCann, Kendrick, Aybar, Hunter, Price, Cain)
Braves [~$167M] (Cabrera, Hamilton, Ellsbury, Kemp, Hudson, Garza, Santana, Papelbon)
Cleveland [$148.4M] (HanRam, Ar. Ramirez, A. Soriano, Granderson, Bruce, Greinke, R. Soriano)

Medium
Toronto [~$95M] (Swisher, Cano, Ethier, Weaver, Shields, Lohse)
Detroit [$87.5M] (A-Gon, Nolasco)
Colorado [$93.4M] (Pence, Gordon, LaRoche)
New York (NL) [$84M] (Prado, Davis, Braun)
Kansas City [$95.9M] (Upton, Upton, Bourn, Sabathia)
San Francisco [$80.5M] (Wainright)

Low
Baltimore [~$60M?](Wright, Dickey, Lester, Cabrera)
Boston [$75M] (Pujols)
New York (AL) [~$70M?] (Reyes, Beltre)
Chicago (AL) [~35M?] (Tanaka) <---- holy poo poo so many cheap cost controlled players, it's like 2013 Houston plus Tanaka
Oakland [$58M] (Scherzer, 30 feet of poo poo)

okay I'm bored somebody else can keep going.

Pander fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jul 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Icepheonix can just tell us once he looks at it in OOTP. I'm curious what the salary breakdowns are too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

nope, I turned financials off and also you suck at spelling

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
According to fangraphs, DETROIT MEOW CITY clocks in at $87.5M for the 2014 season. This includes five players for whom no contracts were listed, so I threw MLB minimum $0.5M at them.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Assuming that I've calculated things right, and excluding rookies, the Braves salary is somewhere around 130-135M for this season.

EDIT: Apparently my numbers are pretty well off what some other people have gotten.

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 6, 2014

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Huh. I think I've might've been lowballing some numbers there. Mine's at $93.4M, and I didn't think I had all that pricey a team (Pence, Gordon, and LaRoche are my only $10M+ players).

I guess 25 players just add up.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I come up with 167 million for the Braves.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
I did mine, and the Mets payroll is around $84 million (assuming I didn't gently caress up). With my highest paid player surprisingly being Martin Prado with $11 million.

Also, the Rays having one of the highest payrolls is pretty funny.

Laderhan fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 6, 2014

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

my salary to $106.4m i think. nice number.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Twins come in at roughly $82.45 million. I rounded on some of the rookie deals where the guy was getting like $1,042 over the minimum.

e: I know Houston wants to be autoed so once Miami and Milwaukee pick I can finish the draft. Feel free to PM me your lineups/rotations and strategies so I can get started, though.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 6, 2014

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Twins come in at roughly $82.45 million. I rounded on some of the rookie deals where the guy was getting like $1,042 over the minimum.

e: I know Houston wants to be autoed so once Miami and Milwaukee pick I can finish the draft. Feel free to PM me your lineups/rotations and strategies so I can get started, though.

Can we have that information in the spreadsheet?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

will the game auto-set strategy dependent on the players you have?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pander posted:

Can we have that information in the spreadsheet?

What information, strategies and lineups? You can put it there if you want to.

straight up brolic posted:

will the game auto-set strategy dependent on the players you have?

I can have it auto-generate if you want, yeah.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
Going by my Yankees' 25-man, we're at a $87,434,550 payroll.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

What information, strategies and lineups? You can put it there if you want to.

Yeah. It's nice having a single repository for that poo poo.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
i was waaay too bored so i did Cleveland ($148.4) and Kansas City ($95.9).

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The SF Blingee cost only $80.529 million, of which Adam Wainwright makes up 20 million, or about 25%.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Let the sim select my lineups and such, but I don't want Howard at 1B ever over Goldschmidt.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

JosefStalinator posted:

The SF Blingee cost only $80.529 million, of which Adam Wainwright makes up 20 million, or about 25%.

My current starting rotation makes a combined 3.45 million and my bullpen has four players who make at least 3.75 each

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

My team is around $102M but I don't have salary for Youk/Wlad and my minor league dudes.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

kensei posted:

Let the sim select my lineups and such

This for Cleveland as well. Though if you could post here what the sim decides I'd like to take a look and tweak it.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Baltimore's lineups, rotation, and bullpen alignment are in their draft sheet. Please use those.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

FairGame posted:

Baltimore's lineups, rotation, and bullpen alignment are in their draft sheet. Please use those.
same with St. Louis, let the computer determine strategy

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I PM'd instructions to you, IcePhoenix.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Are you running a 4-man rotation or something? Don't see your SP5.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Is it possible to have the game set strategy and then override specific sliders? I want to set lineups and pitching strategy, but I'm sure I'd gently caress up just about anything else I'd touch.

To be honest, I'm probably going to gently caress up pitching, but I have something specific I want to try.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I've tried to set some sliders in my tab. It's, uh, a little confusing. If it looks dumb, just use the lineups and depth charts I set and forego the slider poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pander posted:

Are you running a 4-man rotation or something? Don't see your SP5.

:ssh:

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Alright, I set my lineups, rotation, bullpen, etc. on my team page. Just let the sim determine my strategy sliders or whatever.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought about going to a 4 man rotation, but I have so many pitchers. Especially with no injuries, there's no downside.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harlock posted:

I thought about going to a 4 man rotation, but I have so many pitchers. Especially with no injuries, there's no downside.

There's a downside if you don't manage it properly. The downside being that they pitch like poo poo.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
Oakland has their stuff on the team page. Let the machine determine the strategy things.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

There's a downside if you don't manage it properly. The downside being that they pitch like poo poo.

Your pitching doesn't exactly scream 4-man rotation stuff. None of them have ever average 6 or more IP per start. I think you're being a bit risky here.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pander posted:

Your pitching doesn't exactly scream 4-man rotation stuff. None of them have ever average 6 or more IP per start. I think you're being a bit risky here.

Fortunately this is about having fun :)

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

The Barves have their lineup, rotation and bullpen in the team page. I guess have the computer set the sliders, as I have no idea what any of the sliders are.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Let the computer set me up, just don't let anyone bunt

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Hurray lineup and tactics sent in, and I can't wait to win The Pennant!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I guess have the computer set the sliders, as I have no idea what any of the sliders are.

If only there was a post at the beginning of the thread explaining them all :shrug:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Fortunately this is about having fun :)

oh I don't think I said anything about fun! You'll have lots of fun trotting out to signal relievers :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

If only there was a post at the beginning of the thread explaining them all :shrug:

Fair enough. On the other hand, coming up with sliders for that many situations is probably past what I'm willing to bother with this drunk. Just let the computer come up with everything, that gives me a convenient scapegoat when everything goes tits up.

• Locked thread