Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Is there a sensible way to tell the AI that I want Leonys Martin to replace Hunter Pence in late games when my team has the lead? Or Jarrod Dyson to be the pinch runner in late and close games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pander posted:

Is there a sensible way to tell the AI that I want Leonys Martin to replace Hunter Pence in late games when my team has the lead? Or Jarrod Dyson to be the pinch runner in late and close games?

far right

IcePhoenix posted:

Team Strategy

Finally, here's what you can do with your depth chart, for each lineup set separately, with your backups options on when to play listed in the dropdown to the right.

also I've gone through every PM so far, but haven't done anything from the doc yet

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 6, 2014

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Reposting in case commish missed it:

Sexual Lorax posted:

Is it possible to have the game set strategy and then override specific sliders? I want to set lineups and pitching strategy, but I'm sure I'd gently caress up just about anything else I'd touch.

To be honest, I'm probably going to gently caress up pitching, but I have something specific I want to try.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sexual Lorax posted:

Reposting in case commish missed it:

Any player strategies will override team sliders. That's the best answer I can give you without more details.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's your deadline for getting strategy in?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

seiferguy posted:

What's your deadline for getting strategy in?

Let's say Wednesday so I can hopefully get everything done by Sunday? I'm going to be watching a lot of TI4 so I'll have to spread out the doings.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I don't have PMs, how should I give you my strategy stuff? Email?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That works I suppose. icephoenix177 at gmail

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Just let the AI set KCs strategy.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
sooo, are we still doing this or what?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Laderhan posted:

sooo, are we still doing this or what?

IcePhoenix posted:

Let's say Wednesday so I can hopefully get everything done by Sunday? I'm going to be watching a lot of TI4 so I'll have to spread out the doings.

Seems straightforward.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I have my lineups and pitching in the spreadsheet, the AI can do the rest ( hopefully).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Merry Marauder posted:

Seems straightforward.

Speaking of, I have four unread PMs and one e-mail to enter into the game and after I do that I will still need lineups/strategy from over half the teams still. That is not counting anyone who put their stuff in the spreadsheet, though.

I'll go through as many as I can tonight so I can try to have an accurate count for the weekend.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OK, I'm done with all PMs and google doc stuff in the AL so far, here is a complete list of everyone that needs to either put their lineups/pitching/strategy in the doc or PM/e-mail it to me.

Cleveland
Kansas City
Houston

And here is the list of NL Teams that never PM'd or e-mailed me. If you're on this list and already put your stuff in the doc then you can ignore it. If you're on this list and haven't then what the hell stop being lazy you fucks.

Atlanta
New York (N)
Washington
Cincinnati
Milwaukee
Pittsburgh
St. Louis
Arizona
Colorado
Los Angeles (N)
San Diego
San Francisco

If anyone doesn't get me their stuff by Saturday I'm going to start looking for replacements. There are probably alternates left that would be willing to take over an already drafted team I'm sure.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Just let the game decide its smarter than me anyway.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I (st louis) have lineups and rotation in the doc. You can autogenerate my strategy

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
The mets stuff is in the doc, and just auto-strategy mine or whatever.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Lineups are in the doc. AI Strategy.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Lines up should be in the doc for KC. Just have the AI deal with strategy.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Line up and Rotation are in the doc, let AI do the settings except turn bunting off

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I sent you a PM for Pittsburgh yesterday, but for the record, I'd like you to use the lineups and pitching staff how I have it set in the document, and then let the AI set the strategies.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

kensei posted:

Let the sim select my lineups and such, but I don't want Howard at 1B ever over Goldschmidt.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ok if any alternates want a team cleveland and milwaukee, shockingly, need to be replaced. I even let like four teams get away with giving me nothing for pitching since they at least gave me a lineup and pitching is easy enough to guess their rotation.

First come first served until midnight central, then anyone that's not on the alternates list can step in as well.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 13, 2014

Hurriness
Feb 23, 2011
College Slice

IcePhoenix posted:

ok if any alternates want a team cleveland and milwaukee, shockingly, need to be replaced. I even let like four teams get away with giving me nothing for pitching since they at least gave me a lineup and pitching is easy enough to guess their rotation.

First come first served until midnight central, then anyone that's not on the alternates list can step in as well.

I don't know who's on Milwaukee, but I'll take them.

I'll get to work I guess

edit: we sure picked a team

Hurriness fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jul 13, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ok, well nobody wanted the shitshow that is Cleveland I guess. Which is probably going to make the OP for the league funnier.

I have everything ready to go and will post a new thread for the season shortly.

e: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3650519

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 14, 2014

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Not sure where I should be posting this (in this thread or the actual season), but if Cleveland is still up for grabs I'll take them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

chaoslord posted:

Not sure where I should be posting this (in this thread or the actual season), but if Cleveland is still up for grabs I'll take them

They are yours, send me lineups/depth charts/strategy/rotation via PM or e-mail and I'll put them in for you. Check the third post for information on how that works.

• Locked thread