Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'll take Arizona since some jerk already took Seattle, and DH or death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Will there be a hey you're up list on like Twitter or something?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I like Cole, nice pick.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I picked, Rangers are up.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Harlock posted:

Can someone link to the spreadsheet

It's in the draft thread, also here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oWNOCWIWc0UMY1G685Mpq025eupUKo6-rE0NT9Ko3LY/edit#gid=0

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Why is it that every time I want to PM someone to tell them they're up they don't have PMs.

A couple exceptions, but jeeze.

Everyone should have to list a contact method when signing up for something like this, IMO. Twitter, PMs, etc just something.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Did we seriously lose all momentum?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I'm going out of the country in two weeks,I hope I have an entire team by then.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Two picks! I am almost assured to get one of the two guys I am targeting...

:ohdear:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

:toot:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

tadashi posted:

Most drafts I've been in, it's been ok to change as long as the next person hasn't picked which is why I swapped mine.

This is the way we usually do it.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Infidel Castro posted at May 21, 2014 09:00 my time, so Noon PT I can pick?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

My pick will be widely viewed as questionable, but I think he'll play very well in this game.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Zythrst posted:

I just hope your punto isnt' my punto.

Well?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Zythrst posted:

It wasn't, this was the first time I got the player I targeted after a previous pick.

That was a good SP pick by you in my opinion.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I'd like to trade up in round 6, would be willing to swap spots in round 7.

(If someone wants my 6 and something for their 5 and something, I can do that too.)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

THE RED MENACE posted:

My finely tuned plans....ruined :negative:

I was hoping Seager might last a while. I have a backup plan, but it is not as elegant.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

THE RED MENACE posted:

gently caress there's a pretty good dropoff in 3B after Seager and Lawrie

Yeah there is :saddowns:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Screen Door Slams posted:

I figure since I'm playing in YS3, and I can stick him at 1B rather than ask him to patrol the OF, Trumbo's not a bad pick here.

e: And I think this makes my Yanks the first team to fill up their IF.

A great pick, well done

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

so I already drafted Austin Wilson for you Seiferguy

I'm not really sure how to fix this

:lol:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

please keep this stuff to the discussion thread guys

My bad

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

KC is up now, this is still kinda fun

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Anyone interested in an IRC chatroom? I made #BeAGM on synirc and stuck my bot in there.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Cinci is skipped

I'm not really sure there's need for a chatroom considering the activity in a thread but hey, knock yourselves out :v:

Real time trade talk? Fun smack about the last pick?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Yay I got the CF I wanted. Ranked 20/20 in CF and 20/20 in Outfield Range.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

considering the 20-80 scale that doesn't seem very good

But it's 1-20 in OOTP you jerk t:saddowns:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Time ran out on TEX so LA-NL can go right?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I'd give my 9th and 11th for an 8th and a 14th or so, and I have PMs.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Sexual Lorax posted:

Done.

mentholmoose, seiferguy's trade offer gets you higher in this round, so I'm withdrawing mine.

Cool!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

AJ was a guy I was pondering when I took Beckett. Nice pick.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Arizona and Tampa Bay have made a deal:

TB sends their 7th, 8th and 17th to AZ for their two 8th round picks and the first of their two 14th round picks.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Uh I don't know what happened with my trade but I am AZ not SEA :angelwings:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Monicro posted:

OOPS

e: i even doublechecked before editing it and my brain still defaulted to "kensei like mariner" lmao

yeah seiferguy beat me to posting in the thread

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Trades pay off! :woop:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I think I checked before (because I think you specifically asked) but man I really hope Wlad is in the game

He is, I have seen his rankings in NPB and they are stellar :)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

tadashi posted:

I hope this means what I think it could mean.

I don't know what you think it means, but I figured if I picked one guy from Japan, the second might not make it back to me so I got busy trading. They are both pretty good at this point in time in the draft IMO.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah but I'm worried that I didn't include the NPB when I generated the league :ohdear:

.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Arizona is going to just mash this year :getin:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Before people start getting clever after kensei's gambit: if a player has never played in the MLB I cannot "unretire" them and add them to the player pool. I'm also not going to unretire anyone who actually retired.

I thought all the international players were in the game, including NPB. I wasn't gaming anything, I got OOTP 15 and looked him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Monicro posted:

As one of SAS's like 3 Rays reps I'll take them, AL Only. Also what about international players for drafting, can I take Bryan Lahair this is important to me

IcePhoenix posted:

e: nevermind I spelled his name wrong, yes you can.

This is what I based my strategy on.

• Locked thread