Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Age of Empires 2 HD was such a good purchase. It's so weird seeing the sprites move at such a smooth frame rate though. The only issue I've found is that the forgotten campaigns are bit unwieldy, like how every time you get an objective, complete one or progress down one three different Objective Complete trumpets blare. Probably gonna grab AoM HD when it goes on sale, spent a long time with that game too, I loved those campaigns.

Shame AoE3 is so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

ronya posted:

The original four FE campaigns were adapted user-made content; this explains a lot of their design choices. I dunno about the two free ones though.

With AoM I've noticed that the Skybox team is being a lot more aggressive about UI changes, which is nice.

I wondered about that. I recognized all of the Italians assets were from the Age of Chivalry mod too. The only problem I have with the Forgotten Campaign is now that Italy and Russia and Hungary are all in the game I wish there was a way I could retroactively add them to the original campaigns.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Orv posted:

I'd buy Galactic Battlegrounds HD for $20. If nothing else the factions were all visually interesting if not super distinct. Except for the useless Gungans. :argh:

Respect the worker glurgs.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Is the SP campaign(s) worth playing? I am wondering if it is worth $20 bucks off GMG.

For Age of Mythology? I'd say so. Both the original and the expansion's campaigns are a lot of fun.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Huh, I never realized AoM had such an active multiplayer scene. I never liked playing RTSes online as a kid because I was so bad at them, but if I had known it was like WC3... Okay, maybe I won't wait until it's on sale to get it.

• Locked thread