Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I used to have an old PC at home that ran AoE I/Gold Edition. If only I knew how valuable that was. That game owned when I was 10 and then owned again when I was 15 and discovered the cheats.
Also, I was on AoE3 Heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I played the original/Titans canpaigns but not on anything like Titan difficulty. I was young and foolish. I don't know anything at all about the balance, strategy, or anything of the game. Are there any good summaries? Like I played a bunch of SC2 and AoE3 online so I know the basic ideas. Is AoM a game where you can kinda do whatever you want and just mess around to try to win or is more like SC2 where if you don't have a tight opening and well executed plans throughout you die easily?

edit: I loved the early part of the Arkantos campaign. Like the part where they are discussing building the trojan horse and odysseus is all into it and ajax is like "i don't understand...will it fight??" and everyone just looks disgusted in blocky 2002 graphics.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
This game really owns but I think I will wait for a sale. That way I can get it for cheap as well as get it when a bunch of new people will also get it...so I don't need to only play against people who played the original release.
I liked a lot of the set piece campaign missions, like sneaking through Troy, or that one with the son of Osiris summon.
And yeah Atlanteans suck and are overpowered. Having someone else like an Asian culture would have been cooler. Oh well.
I only ever played the campaign and only on like normal and below so I don't really know the real strengths of the civs and gods. I do like the idea of early aggression from a guy like Loki. Didn't Kronos also have some kind of stupid overpowered rush? I can see deconstruct being really annoying early on with multiple uses.

edit: odin also looks real good, somethin like odin -> freyja -> skadi -> tyr? or loki -> forseti -> whatever.

WAMPA_STOMPA fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 16, 2014

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Are people playing AoM online with this release? A lot of them or just a bunch of old hands? Does everyone play titans or no?

• Locked thread