Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Age of mythology was the best in the series, the battles lasted a lot longer then the starcraft 2 fights that are over in 5 seconds and you had a constant stream of soldiers queued up pouring into the battle, half of which ended up as fodder for the myth units, it's just too bad they never got picked up for a sequel.

It's weird that in age of kings I much preferred playing deathmatch mode online over the regular mode, but in age of mythology the deathmatch mode was terrible and I preferred the regular mode.

What was everyone's favorite god or pantheon? I preferred Isis and making a super huge classic era economy over rushing to the heroic age, usually would hit heroic by 10 minutes after maxing my upgrades with the max of 80 villagers 3+ town centers and the rest barracks and temple units, most memorable game had to be beating another Isis player who got a titan out by 7 minutes supported by chariots while I was still in the classic era with tons of slingers, priests and a simcity base that blocked it's pathing, he quit once the titan died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The game was a lot better when they eventually got around to fixing the game breaking exploits and bugs many months after release.
Afew off the top off my head,

Norse and Loki were full of bugs that seemed to favor them, Loki had oxcarts that were cheaper faster and suppose to be weaker, but were actually twice as strong.
Loki always won water maps because boats had way more damage then land units and for whatever reason boats counted towards the damage his hero units needed to do to summon myth units so if you ever tried to fight for sea control he would walk in to your base with half a dozen heroes and instantly summon a thousand myth units.

If you were Norse but not loki, you could still win the sea because of the flaming weapons godpower, it would usually double the damage of everything for a minute, but for ram ships it would turn their damage from 20 to +400

When you cancelled a upgrade at 99% or 100% when it was about to finish you'd still get the upgrade, but you'd get a full refund of the resources used for it, I suspected a lot of people using it when my base was flooded by units and the enemy was in the mythic age by 6 minutes.

Not a bug, but at release Set could have his pharoah poop out 1 population monkeys every second for less favor then 2 monuments generated, each one of those monkeys was about as strong as a regular spearman which cost 2 population and a chunk of food and gold, a barracks to train him in and 10 seconds to make, Set would literally drown you in swarms of monkeys if you left the safety of your base, god forbid you started on a map like watering hole and he has been converting rhinos, hippos, alligators, water buffalos and elephants in the middle of the map, his monkeys and animals eventually got some major nerfs, before that your only hope was to find a 1 in 20 games super rare relic that let your villagers one shot animals, which set could just as easily pick up with his wandering priests.

People could cancel the ranked queue as soon as it showed what map it was with no penalty for leaving, so Loki could always play water maps and Odin/Set would always play maps full of animals.

Another bug was Hades could spawn shades from his temple, but if he walled off the temple for afew minutes and then destroyed the wall, a thousand shades would flood out of the temple.

I did not know that microsoft was the reason why it took so long to patch out these major bugs, makes sense.
\/\/\/

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 8, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just copy off the wiki http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_Mythology

Isis.

God Power

Prosperity: Double gold gathering rate for 50 seconds. This affects the player's villagers only.

Bonuses

All technologies cost 10% less food, wood and gold.
Monuments prevent god powers from being targeted nearby.
Town Centers support +3 maximum pop.
Priests summon obelisks 60% faster, obelisks cost 33% less

Technology

Flood of the Nile: Provides 0.75 food per second.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
An age of mythology 2 should just be the RTS verison of Super Smash Bros, but with religion.

• Locked thread