Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Poor AoEO :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

THS posted:

When I was 13 I went to Ensemble Studios HQ ostensibly as a Games Journalist (I was an Important Forums Moderator at Age of Kings Heaven)

Wait what who were you on AoKH?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Hopefully the rerelease will be successful like AoK's was, we might see more someday (probably not).

THS posted:

THS. Cherub THS.

It was a long time ago.
Is this you

it's weird thinking people used to actually use heavengames

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Huh weird timing.

Microsoft hiring developers for a "well loved strategy franchise".

I hope this pans out.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Sky passages.

Be sure to mention scenarios, they're a huge part of the multiplayer experience. Age of Mythology is second only to Starcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 in the quality of them and eventually they made up far and away the majority of games on ESO.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Gastraphetes, the crossbow dudes. I remember them being really overpowered in castle bloods. :gonk:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Observations:

the lighting looks a million times better than in the original; I used to habitually set it to default every game but now I think I might actually tolerate day/night cycles even.

they added attack move!

zooming super far out looks weird as heck but maybe I'll get used to it.

it runs perfectly fine for me (I haven't tried a huge game yet) but there are some things that look fairly unpolished... building previews before you set them down look real ugly, the title screen doesn't scale with new borders, you can hear the stuff in the main menu generating when you launch, and so on. I'm just happy performance is good though so I can tolerate all that.

Pleasantly surprised.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
They didn't remove it at all, right click on a unit portrait. Or the giant button in the goddamn main menu. What are you guys on about.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
You have to click on the banner at the top of the main menu to switch to the forgotten, otherwise it just stays as the conquerors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
F11. F4 for player list. Ctrl+mouse wheel to rotate the camera.

• Locked thread