Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Rise of Nations rules, though I think it can go a little fast. If there's an option to slow down the research and production and whatnot this will be awesome.

Well, there were options to make teching the ages slower/more expensive. RoN had a TON of options for fine-tuning game rules, in fact, and was very easily moddable. I went into the game files and made wonders take longer and cost more and the like and it didn't take but a few minutes. You could easily make the changes to research speeds there with only the most cursory knowledge. Fantastic that it's finally getting a Steam re-release, I was in love with RoN for the longest time, it was just the best Civ-RTS ever. (whoops, just noticed I was beaten to this observation about RoN's customization options)

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jun 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What? You're talking about something different. The thing I'm referring to was a single specific category in a game's setup options. I'm not referring to the game speed. There was a little pull-down that allowed you to make Age teching take longer and cost more.

• Locked thread