Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Pardon me gents while I go for a spin on my TANK BIKE

How the hell do you steer that thing?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

These are legit terrifying to me. I can't help but think that some living thing must inevitably have been thrown/fallen into one at some point.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Hakkesshu posted:

These are legit terrifying to me. I can't help but think that some living thing must inevitably have been thrown/fallen into one at some point.

One could be so lucky. Most such alleged intentional uses involve a slow lowering. Feet first.

may not have actually happened http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein%27s_alleged_shredder

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

"Well alright, I suppose this is worth a look."

~Dudes in the Background

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Say Nothing posted:

Directly through every obstacle in your way.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Say Nothing posted:

By turning the handlebars!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Who's going to tell that guy that he isn't following the rules? That's right, nobody, because he brought a loving elephant to a horse riding contest.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Hakkesshu posted:

In high school, we watched a documentary about foot-and-mouth disease. Disposing of the (already dead) infected animals involved a machine very much like this. Because of the rounded shape of a scull, the blades couldn't get purchase on the head, so the severed head just kept spinning on top of the blades until all the flesh had been pulled off.

I didn't eat meat for 2 years.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The worst part of those machines is you KNOW some poor soul has been thrown in there while alive at some point in history. We are too hosed up as a species for that to not have happened.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

BMW Schneekrad.

Render of a modern day version which sadly never saw the light of day:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

And some textual bad-assed-ness

http://www.sr-71.org/blackbird/manual/

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
This is a wolverine. They are also known as skunk bears, nastycats or quickhatches, goddamn

My friend and I were curious why they were reputed to be such badasses, so we looked up some youtube videos and it quickly became my new favorite animal.

I saw a video of one attacking a bear who wandered into his area. I saw a video of a wolverine chasing off two fully grown wolves from a fresh kill and then chowing down. To paraphrase wikipedia: In another account, a wolverine attacked a polar bear and clung to its throat until the bear suffocated. Holy loving poo poo. These things weigh like 50 lbs. They're medium dog sized. If you were impressed by the honey badger then this is a hulked out version of that.

This is a loving badass critter and I can't wait to learn more about it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rough Lobster posted:

This is a wolverine. They are also known as skunk bears, nastycats or quickhatches, goddamn

Naw that's a wolf. This is a wolverine:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Rough Lobster posted:

My friend and I were curious why they were reputed to be such badasses, so we looked up some youtube videos and it quickly became my new favorite animal.

I saw a video of one attacking a bear who wandered into his area. I saw a video of a wolverine chasing off two fully grown wolves from a fresh kill and then chowing down. To paraphrase wikipedia: In another account, a wolverine attacked a polar bear and clung to its throat until the bear suffocated. Holy loving poo poo. These things weigh like 50 lbs. They're medium dog sized. If you were impressed by the honey badger then this is a hulked out version of that.

That wolf is very afraid and aggressive.

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008

Rough Lobster posted:

Nature did a show about Wolverines not too long ago.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/wolverine-chasing-the-phantom/full-episode/6078/

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
There's a National Geographic documentary on Netflix about wolverines, they're loving insane. They tracked this one wolverine as it just ran over a mountain in deep snow like nothing, sprinting basically the entire time.

These fuckers take down deer and elk sometimes. They're known for backing down from nothing

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

TheBigAristotle posted:

There's a National Geographic documentary on Netflix about wolverines, they're loving insane. They tracked this one wolverine as it just ran over a mountain in deep snow like nothing, sprinting basically the entire time.

These fuckers take down deer and elk sometimes. They're known for backing down from nothing

I think I saw that. Wolverine running up one side, jump cut, wolverine running down the other side. I said "are you loving serious?" at my TV. Wonder if they're as crazy smart as honey badgers.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Rough Lobster posted:

My roomate's father worked at a remote oil plant in northern Britsh Columbia, Canada. Said facility was ringed by a high voltage electric fence designed to keep bears away.

One day they noticed the fence was going haywire on their sensors. It turns out a wolverine had touched the fence. Each time it shocked him he attacked the fence, which shocked him, which triggered another attack.

This went on for about a solid hour before they had to just turn off the fence so the drat thing would leave. :v:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I think I saw that. Wolverine running up one side, jump cut, wolverine running down the other side. I said "are you loving serious?" at my TV. Wonder if they're as crazy smart as honey badgers.

Link to the documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGUctzseJj0

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hipster Occultist posted:

My roomate's father worked at a remote oil plant in northern Britsh Columbia, Canada. Said facility was ringed by a high voltage electric fence designed to keep bears away.

One day they noticed the fence was going haywire on their sensors. It turns out a wolverine had touched the fence. Each time it shocked him he attacked the fence, which shocked him, which triggered another attack.

This went on for about a solid hour before they had to just turn off the fence so the drat thing would leave. :v:

That's an amazing story. In the animal world wolverines are like that psychotic knife carrying guy whistling and peeing in a dark alley. They're amazing to study and watch from afar, but everything about them tells you stay far the hell away.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

All mustelids of any size are the most ludicrous loving killers. From Wolverines taking deer to tiny weasels killing hares and rabbits (through pet ferrets biting off appendages) mustelids are vicious killing machines that are built to bite either the front or back of the neck and suffocate/snap the spine of their prey.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

lenoon posted:

All mustelids of any size are the most ludicrous loving killers.

In the Miocene there was a North American mustelid called the Megalictis which was pretty much a giant wolverine with a body mass of up to 60 kg and a length of about 7 feet, more than twice the size of the modern wolverine. Some people think it might have grown as large as a modern black bear.

Then over in late Miocene Kenya there was Ekorus ekakeran:

It's pretty much a weasel which was built like a leopard and was approximately the same size, standing 60cm (2 feet) tall at the shoulder. Just imagine how fast that fucker could run on those long legs.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

Kittinger didn't need electronics or red bull to make his jump and also nearly lost his hand and refused to abort the mission over it. He also spent 11 months in the Hanoi Hilton. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kittinger

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I honestly can't stop watching this. What tournament/match was this?

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

bluetail
Jul 8, 2012
The new XCOM expansion lets you control mech soldiers who have a supercharged punching ability, and I cannot express how gratifying it is to use.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Took me a second.

1992, sigh

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
wow I can't even tell who's kicking who's rear end this is excellent, I could become a wrasslin' fan if this is what it consists of. Please post deets.

and this thread almost entirely ignored that post, to go on to xcom screencap and "the 90s" seriously you nerds :coolfish:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

froward posted:

wow I can't even tell who's kicking who's rear end this is excellent, I could become a wrasslin' fan if this is what it consists of. Please post deets.

and this thread almost entirely ignored that post, to go on to xcom screencap and "the 90s" seriously you nerds :coolfish:

Not sure of that move, but here's a cool flying squirrel move.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW8Mf3IL4zA

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
For the people who asked, sorry I have no idea of the source.

Other stuff instead.

Badass wooden sculpture.

Badass tattoo.

Badass climbing wall.

Badass high jump.

Landing pads are for sissies!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

These fuckers will gently caress you up. Especially don't hit them with your cars.

Solitary, peaceful, and 500kg of muscle and hatred when provoked.

Simply one of the most majestic creatures of the North.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Not sure of that move, but here's a cool flying squirrel move.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW8Mf3IL4zA

His name is Coleman. He's a pretty cool dude. He was in my platoon going through BCT back last October.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

JoelJoel posted:

These fuckers will gently caress you up. Especially don't hit them with your cars.

Solitary, peaceful, and 500kg of muscle and hatred when provoked.

Simply one of the most majestic creatures of the North.

Fear the Swamp Donkey!

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

I ran into a fully grown bull moose earlier this summer on a portage trip. I hadn't fully appreciated how imposing these guys are until I was 10 feet away from one towering over my canoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009