Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I'd watch more golf if they added cool tricks & poo poo like this to regular games

I want to see the other takes before he got this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I also browse the schad thread so

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Android Apocalypse posted:

Okay, I'll be the one to ask it:

Why is there a credit card machine at a mosque?

Does your mosque not have one? :confused:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Translation:

Portugal strikes again, ha HA!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SimplyCosmic posted:

I will forever love how Rear Admiral Grace Hopper explained what a nanosecond was to programmers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEpsKnWZrJ8

Yo this owns, I'm reposting this in a bunch of discords rn

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I was going to ask what a "hest" was.

FFXIV's got a free trial up to lvl 30, you can wrangle as many comically large tortoises as you'd like

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Scathach posted:

That's literally what doves and other birds at weddings and stuff do.

That owns

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Feels like it skips a frame or two

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

drat the gofundme got taken down

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah the first thing I thought when I saw it was

of course that's bob burnquist's backyard

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is a BIG funicular

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Inceltown posted:

How can a dude sitting on some steps with a bit of snow be bad rear end? Well this is Jaivet Ealom and he was in an Australian offshore prison for 4 years, first on Christmas Island then on Manus. He was able to board a flight off Manus by pretending to be an interpreter. He then spent 6 months on the run living in PNG and Solomon Islands before heading to Canada to get asylum there.

Dude is 100% bad rear end where ever he is, that's how.

drat, that's incredible.

Also, Australia is once again hosed up in so many ways.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

So you're saying they should've kept the food for themselves, or sold it for a profit?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

central dogma posted:

Why'd they throw the bags at most of them? Afraid they'd get dirty?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

"dignity of the homeless" my rear end

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I was uncomfortable with and disapproving of the theft on display but grudgingly admitted they were ultimately doing a good deed and was basically just going to stay neutral and not chime in on the discussion then I read the thought processes of the people condemning the thieves and decided, no, gently caress it, maybe I am on the thieves' side for this one.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Atticus_1354 posted:

Or just given them the food without making it something more than helping their fellow man in a time of need. But maybe I'm just jaded from the years of youtubers using homeless people as props in their quest for fame and not actually doing anything to support the underlying issues.

I think, if they have an ideological reason for doing this, as they seem to (hence the political stickers), then maybe publicizing this is their way of trying to affect change wrt underlying issues. And the change they mean to affect seems to be "we think the system is hosed up to the point where we're going to do crime as a radical means to try to salve the symptoms and by publicizing our actions we are encouraging others to do the same." Whether you think they're effective or even the morally right thing to do is another story, but when radical right wing look for ways to legally get away with murdering minorities (see: how often conservatives like to abuse stand your ground laws in Florida), seeing radical lefties commit such horrors as... giving food and disinfectant to homeless people during a pandemic scare? I have a hard time mustering outrage against them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Inceltown posted:

More seriously, businesses are making money hand over fist as everyone panic buys poo poo. They're still going to be making bank and this is the only way that the forgotten parts of society will have any chance at getting goods like this.

Businesses have spent so much time / effort / money on making sure they keep the wealth and people miss out so gently caress them when someone takes a direct step to help the downtrodden.

also this, but specifically about big retail in particular

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

There's already some pretty good edits in that thread too

https://twitter.com/dale_roots/status/1266601714527813632?s=20

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Everybody gangsta until an admin pops onto the talk page

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

GiP isn't about celebrating the military, it's about having survived and gotten out of the military

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

what the gently caress

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

That's how I log on to the forums every day.

welp

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lady Disdain posted:

It took me a while to see the shadow of the parachute, so my heart was in my stomach when he was heading towards the rocks.

Definitely some good camerawork on the part of the skiier, yeah. The reveal kicks in right when you've every right to be worried.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Der Kyhe posted:

So at what point will this discussion be flooded with "gently caress you bootlickers for thinking that this police deserves any praise for being a police"?

I also think that it was a cool maneuver for redirecting their attention away from the area they are trying to protect.

Congrats on being the first to redirect our attention back to ACAB, namaste. Jokes aside, let me redirect attention towards the origins for much of the modern anti-police sentiment, rather than simply parroting that sentiment as a truism.

He risked his life to protect others by antagonizing a bunch of angry white supremacists. If in that moment he did not embody the letter of ACAB, then he most certainly followed the spirit. And if more cops were both willing to fight (and rewarded by their institutions for fighting!) racism then maybe their approval ratings would be less shaky right now.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sorry, wrong Jared.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's how satellites do it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Even as a kid who didn't really like spicy food growing up I never had so bad a reaction to it that it felt like I was trying to eat through a cold or wasn't able to taste the rest of my food through the heat. I find a lot of hotter peppers pretty pleasantly fruity, actually, even if I can only have them in small amounts.

It's entirely possible it's an allergy thing, even a mild one, so I can understand not wanting to subject oneself further to it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lady Disdain posted:

"Good news, professor; I've managed to decode part of this khipu. Apparently," [looks at notes] "Chilche has a tiny knob."

This is a very detailed census

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

therefore I

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Chubby Henparty posted:

Pick up a lighthouse with it and harass carrier fleet captains.

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

because he only had the one plank for the one take and decided gently caress it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1774700953909817424?s=20