Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I've been a shark fan since I was a kid, and this is the coolest goddamn shark picture I've ever seen.
Jesus christ that thing has been through some serious poo poo.

JoelJoel posted:

Interesting. What am I seeing?
I'm basically just guessing here, but I think a coal deposit or whatever has caught fire and they're basically trying to put it out by just digging away the burning stuff. So yeah, fire mining.
If someone knows better, feel free to correct me.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
A dude so badass they made a heavy metal song about him. (albeit a very poppy one)

My favourite part about him is that he survived being shot in the face with a goddamned explosive bullet and then the war ended on the same day he regained consciousness.

I'm Finnish myself and I usually make a point of not participating in the nationalistic circle-jerking over our tussle with the Soviets, but Häyhä was just... god drat.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Tracula posted:

Is that a literal tank chassis that's mounted on?

Yup, the good old T-34 no less.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
:stare:

I think I saw a movie about this once.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
All this talk about badass prop planes, and one of the most quintessential ones is left out? For shame, guys. FOR SHAME.

A bit of trivia about the A-10 first: Most people probably know it as the A-10 Warthog. However, Warthog is not the official designation of the plane, it's just the colloquial nickname. The official name is A-10 Thunderbolt II.

Notice the II there? Yeah, that's because there was an earlier Thunderbolt, the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt.

It carried an ungodly amount of ordnance for a single-engine aircraft (though to be fair it was loving massive too), and similarly to the A-10 had a reputation of being tough as nails. I remember reading a story somewhere of a damaged one flying back to base, being followed and harassed by a German fighter who kept shooting at it, but failed to down it due to running out of ammo.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
That is one amazing moustache and I'm very sad my facial hair will never be half as cool. :(

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
While we're still (kinda) on the topic of soldiery, I will draw attention to the fact that it is now 200 years since the Gurkhas entered service in the British army.

We have gushed about them in this thread before, but it bears repeating because they are some hardcore motherfuckers.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

AnonSpore posted:

So basically he was BJ Blazkowicz
Blazkiwicz.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

poptart_fairy posted:

The angle of this shot looks as if he's deflecting a ninja star being thrown at him. I can't unsee that.
Considering he's a loving Gurkha, that might as well be exactly what he is doing.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Bip Roberts posted:

Gurkhas are regular humans.

Wait, seriously? gently caress, here I've lived my whole life thinking they're actual literal super heroes. Everything I believe in is a lie! :saddowns:

Nordick has a new favorite as of 02:52 on May 11, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'd say that's not totally uncalled for, considering that he's literally one of the strongest men in the entire world.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
To return to the subject of BRIAN BLESSED, he also appeared on the heavy metal band Manowar's remake of their classic album, to recite this spoken track, and it's just as gloriously hammy as one might expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg_9EHT4Ce4

The whole thing isn't available on Youtube, sadly.

EDIT:

quote:

He has been awarded the honorary title of "Official Shoutsperson" by the University of York's Douglas Adams Society.[18] In 2011, the student union voted to christen a new study area the "Brian Blessed Centre for Quiet Study".
British humour :allears:

Nordick has a new favorite as of 19:15 on Nov 5, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Kurtofan posted:

The animated Batman theme now plays in your head.
Hercule Poirot theme, actually

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Live action Silver Fang looking good

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

starkebn posted:

e: someone post some more badass buskers up in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gphiFVVtUI

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

The Sausages posted:

RMS Queen Mary 2

I've seen her predecessor, the RMS Queen Elizabeth 2, in person and that one was loving colossal enough. You can see it here, with some nearby buildings for scale. I took the picture from top of a cliff a mile or so away:

The Queen Mary 2 is considerably bigger.

Nordick has a new favorite as of 14:31 on Feb 13, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

:regd10:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I want my body to be preserved somehow and used as a prop in a Weekend at Bernie's remake

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Bill Bailey is many great things, but I'm not sure I'd count badass as one of them. :v:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Hm, good point. That and the fact he's willing to eat bees to survive being stranded in a closed book store.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Enigma posted:

I'm more interested in the thoughts of the birds steering clear of the seal.

"God damnit Hank knock it off with the seals, we're flying here"

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
This guy is called Sajad Gharibi, a.k.a The Iranian Hulk.

Dude looks pretty loving imposing.

http://www.maxim.com/entertainment/iranian-hulk-2016-6

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

We have the model already.
:colbert:

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT :byodood:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
No, actually it rules

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yes it is, that was loving cool.

Also

mds2 posted:

Hail Satan.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
loving shameful if you think a katana is more badass than a proper claymore or Ulfberht sword or something

Shameful and sad

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Goddamn I hate derails. You lot might as well stone me and spit in my eye.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm happy for the French. Not only is their new president not a nazi, but he also has a cool-rear end supervillain surname.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
http://i.imgur.com/yNLfX1t.mp4

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Samovar posted:

Yeah, sharks are pretty cool, and being in a shark cage is neat but it's done be-

...oh.
Yeah.

I mean sure great whites aren't the murderous monsters like in Jaws, but still that's like two tons of muscle and teeth with a propensity for just taking a bite out of anything in their way out of curiosity, in an environment that it's vastly more suited for than us. And that guy looks like he's about to loving swim after it. :stonklol:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
http://i.imgur.com/THHctJb.mp4

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
In other news here is the most badass-looking goddamn horse I have ever seen.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Snowy posted:

I don’t know if this is the same video but if you feel like watching some laughably low budget sniper stuff you’re in luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2yxn_3XCws

I like how he keeps shooting the same dude

Uh this is pretty obviously just a couple hobbyists having some fun. The poster is for an actual (if small-time) feature film being made.

TheBigAristotle posted:

I also enjoy the barrel being full of snow before, during, and after he shoots.

Also the modern box truck driving behind the first Nazi

Also his rifle being an American M14, but really this is all kinda pointless to even mention since it's just some quick little amateur project.

And the enemies are Soviets, not Nazis.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I don’t think that’s the head of a rival. Pretty sure it’s the full corpse of a coyote.

It looks more like some sort of small pastry to me

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://i.imgur.com/Fcs2qsh.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aAxxddp_460sv.mp4