Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

These fuckers will gently caress you up. Especially don't hit them with your cars.

Solitary, peaceful, and 500kg of muscle and hatred when provoked.

Simply one of the most majestic creatures of the North.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

gently caress the haters, this poo poo is more important and Bad rear end than anything invented since (or prior)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Slime posted:

It'd be even harder to grab on if they didn't have any clothes at all.

Too many accidental happy endings.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Babies are neither metal nor Bad rear end.

This guy knows what's up:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ahhh, animal cruelty. The original Bad rear end.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

TheBigAristotle posted:

I just rolled my eyes so hard I think they're stuck

:ironicat:

Also, those pictures are in no way Bad rear end.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Do you actually think that someone is making lobsters knife fight? You're an idiot.

Wait they aren't forcing lobsters to battle to the death? Oh thank God. I thought something bad was going to happen to them. Thank you for clearing that up, you tool.

Also, yes :

TheBigAristotle posted:

boiling giant sea bugs alive for their tasty meat is pretty badass

e: high five!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0z74CNxjtM

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 18:29 on Sep 3, 2014

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gorilla Salad posted:

Fair enough. I should have just posted the 3D printed stuff and left it at that.

So, in the vein of just posting badass stuff, fire mining:

Interesting. What am I seeing?

---------------------

Hyena men:

Basically hucksters, but still, that's a loving hyena.

wiki posted:

man-eating spotted hyenas tend to be very large specimens: A pair of man-eating hyenas, responsible for killing 27 people in Mlanje, Malawi in 1962, were weighed at 72 kg (159 lb) and 77 kg (170 lb) after being shot.[50] In 1903, Hector Duff wrote of how spotted hyenas in the Mzimba district of Angoniland would wait at dawn outside people's huts and attack them when they opened their doors[!!!]
:stare:

What is it with humans and making pets out of vicious killers and our former predators?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

"pictures"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I liked it when this thread had pictures.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That pic is badass and I refuse to timg it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Attempt (failed, apparently) to break the bench press world record.

woops:

... still bad rear end.

stop staring at those nipples

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Here's a less tiny version.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

For anyone that doesn't know, putting that down the way he did is probably about as (if not more) difficult as lifting it in the first place.

This dude is pretty loving :black101:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jmcrofts posted:

I don't know a lot about lifting (:goonsay:), but how high is the risk of like, popping a vertibra or something similarly horrible when lifting that much weight?

His risk is obviously higher because of the sheer mass he's lifting, but most injuries occur because people don't know what they are doing, or learn wrong the add too much weight, or just gently caress around like idiots. When done properly all the major compound lifts are very safe when done right (which can be harder and take longer to learn than many realise).

In general lifting at all is pretty bad as. The fact that we hang out in a room and move heavy as gently caress things around to the point of exhaustion and eat crazy amounts of food to pack on mass for whatever end is metal, imo.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Radio Help posted:

dude is already a badass for sure, but it would have been sweet if he just clobbered the dude with that giant gilded cudgel

The People's Mace™ is reserved for strictly ceremonial purposes.

And oh boy did the best part get left out. Here is an account of how Vickers took down this m'fucker.

quote:

Vickers — whose office is about six metres away from those doors, according to The Globe and Mail — reportedly grabbed his automatic pistol and ran toward the pillar, propping himself up against the opposite side.

The two were so close that Vickers, 58, could see the barrel of Zehaf Bibeau's gun "sticking out from behind the pillar," according to CBC sources.

"Kevin Vickers takes his sidearm, dives around the pillar to the ground," Solomon said. "While he's in the air he spins to land on his back, firing upwards at Bibeau, hitting Bibeau as he himself hits the ground."

Once the gunman was down, Solomon said, Vickers continued firing, "emptying his entire clip."

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Frostwerks posted:

I see one for sure, and I think I see two, where is three? By one?

I saw all five right away. I'm still alive :colbert:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Notice the iron sights? Guy no-scoped 5 dudes a day for a hundred days. And lived 96 years.

:black101:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

G'drat, space and everything we do it in it so loving :black101:

Above: Austronaut Bruce McCandless tests his space suit's human poop capacity.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

What, no wheels on the helmet? Also, apparently rollerblades are bad rear end.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pedants are super badass.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Jet chat. Cool.

Obligatory :canada:

:black101: + :wink: =

e: no, I will not timg this beauty.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Amateur.

Here's how the pros do it:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

tribbledirigible posted:

I didn't know Saints Row LARP was a thing.

It's called growing up in the hood. Read a book.

e, unrelated:

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Mar 20, 2015

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Rubber Ducky posted:

That exposed belt drive does not look even remotely safe.

I'm shocked that a motorcycle could be branded as unsafe.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ahh, training for the ever important, uh, pushup with fire below, because, uh. Right. Army.

Here's a thing from space:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

It isn't facial hair or an old building but this blows my mind:

Fun fact, cats will reach their terminal velocity of ~100km/h after falling about 5 floors.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I imagine it's for one of these fellas:

They were used as steeds by English medieval knights for combat in heavily forested areas, where horses lacked mobility.

Sounds like Medieval Total War needs and update.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

loving BAD rear end!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Alternatively:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mikael Granlund Lacrosse-Style Goal at the Hockey World Championships about 5 years ago.

For something a bit more recent, here's Tomas Hertl scoring between his legs.

It was his fourth of the night and he was 19 at the time

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

fits posted:

space is the most :black101: stuff

Very yes.

Things are big:

e: As much as things are big, the distance between them is almost so vast and our reference points so small it isn't even worth illustrating. We can't really comprehend the distance between us and Alpha Centauri, let alone the distance between loving galaxies.

e2: Someone put together a gallery of all the major objects photographed in our solar system

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 00:29 on Jul 15, 2015

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The future is now:

link if gif loads too slowly: http://i.imgur.com/ZCnkm0g.gifv

e: Never mind. Apparently this quad glock is peuwny a veeak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 22:16 on Jul 16, 2015

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gromit posted:

That kind of stuff is cool as hell, but am I reading this wrong?

Doesn't that mean it should be floating away, rather than just resting on the top of flowers?

I think they meant that it's lighter than air in a vacuum. Its structure creates a lot of empty space which is filled with air.

I may be phrasing this poorly, but the structure is lighter than air, the material the structure is made of (largely if not entirely carbon) is obviously heavier than air, resulting in it not floating away.

If you filled the structure with a gas that is lighter than air (instead of air) is would likely float away (depending on the gas, temperature, pressure, etc.) similarly to how a balloon floats until you pop it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

http://i.imgur.com/UX68xNr.gifv <-- click here for less slow loading gif.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Not sure why when or where, but it passes the lithium test.

http://i.imgur.com/B2LDz9u.gifv (again, link for faster load)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

TheBigAristotle posted:

Badass enough to jump from a flaming car in mid-air, yet holds his nose when he jumps in water. Hm.

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself. That and how the fire looks like loving magma. Still, pretty metal.