Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Istari posted:

How many bloody massacres do you think they filmed before they got a happy-go-lucky shot in which the lizard survived ?

Oh don't worry, they show plenty of the failed attempts. The whole sequence is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

karoshi posted:

Future vacation destinations:
- Hawaii
- South Africa
- Australia
- Disney World

great whites are also known to travel vast distances for their own mysterious purposes, so she could be waiting for you anywhere

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

I think :thejoke: is that both South Africa and Australia are places where Great Whites are known to be. There's some islands just off San Francisco also, and I've been debating getting my wife a trip with a cage encounter because she's nuts about sharks.

We did get to see one in captivity when the Monterey Bay Aquarium managed to hold one for a bit.

I'm incredibly jealous, I'd love to see a live great white.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

CSI Miami already did bank heist by tsunami, it's fertile ground.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Idk if it counts as badass enough for the thread but there's a video out there of a wedding haka that reduces me to tears every time and I'm not really a wedding crier even when it's someone I know getting married.

Hakas are raw and powerful and emotional in a way we're taught to find embarrassing and shameful; and the correct response to that is to examine your kneejerk distate for seeing humans doing something so quintessentially and fundamentally human and get over yourself, not diminish the haka to soothe your discomfort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Pastry of the Year posted:

The only one I've ever seen is this one, and I found it genuinely moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmVjMdutQrc

This is the wedding one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUbx-AcDgXo

It just fucks me up every time. Maybe worth noting that iirc the groom and bride are both Maori as I see a lot of people thinking it's the bride's family performing a haka at the groom: it's actually the groomsmen performing a haka at both of them, as a surprise/gift.