Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kid looks like a tiny 70 year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

what if I would drink from a cat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Nice of them to place it neatly on some pallets instead of just smashing the loving thing.

Well, yeah, you wouldn't want to put a dent in the pavement, someone could trip.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Anyone with limbs can punch, that guy can crush your head like a ripe grape.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well he definitely has at least one less son than before.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lady Disdain posted:

You say you're not, but that sure sounds like you were practicing some geological analysis. Are you sure ?

Mushy rock make stick go on fire, try tomorrow with different stick, also try different rock. Me am do geology.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If I was a geologist I would also make up excuses for why I should be allowed to lick the fossils.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would guess so they didn't break it or hit themselves in the face with it by accident.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

John Brown was a cool dude but it's worth remembering how cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxvwi-M3LTM

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can tie them together in bundles but it's harder to steer them. I think the one guy on a log thing is when the river is too rough for boats or large bundles but you still need someone to make sure it doesn't go the wrong way.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did the idiotfucker cops forget to lock the doors on the riot van?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rasmus posted:

Glad to see he still gots it. I would have expected his legs to have exploded with arthritis by now.

I did appreciate the very measured and low impact knee slide.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sigma F zero, or sum of forces are zero.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ariong posted:

Oh, I thought the beating of the bird's wings was matching the camera's shutter speed.

No a lot of birds of prey can do that, they hover in the wind.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

No they glued the bird's head to a big sheet of clear plastic and then filmed it struggling to get free.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Not a picture just general badassery. Some dude is flying around lax with a jetpack and no one knows who it is

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/us/jetpack-guy-back-lax-trnd/index.html

30 yards away from an airliner flying at 3000 feet? 6000 feet a different time?

:psypop:

Dude had better actually be Ironman

Is it not that company that's building jetpacks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHk13Xa8dqI

I gather they can't fly very long though because they can't carry much fuel so perhaps they can't get that high.

Though there are others which can definitely catch up to and fly near airplanes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHGkOQUtlRk

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 19:21 on Oct 15, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Apparently they also sell them so it could be an unrelated jetpack person who just bought a jetpack.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The average flight time for jetpacks seems to be between 10 and 15 minutes which probably wouldn't get you safely across the channel to france much less across the atlantic.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would suggest that the NRC and the ONR would probably take issue with that but I suppose they have to catch you and the nuclear jetpack helps with that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think they also struggle to lift you if you're too fat, so you need drop engines.

And at that point it's not a jetpack it's a multi stage rocket with your body as a major structural element.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like to imagine aliens observing the earth and making the same conclusion about football games.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Didn't realize that was part of the nazca lines, initially thought some smart rear end just went and dug a cat into a hill for fun.

:nws: for big chalk willy https://i.imgur.com/SSHIp7Y.jpg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

You call that big?

Human for scale.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's not really the most weird part but I'm wondering how they decided "yeah we're going to have you start the train and then leap out of the cab so the train is literally runaway and then we're gonna crash it into a river and also the cameraman better hope the boiler doesn't explode when it hits the water"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

New silent hill/biblical angel looking good.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Metal gear is like... just simultaneously so stupid but also surprisingly fun and the story is similar, just spectacularly stupid but you can't help but enjoy it when you play the drat thing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The eagle looks very shook at the end.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I once saw a chicken kill a baby duck for fun.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A bird shat on my head in keswick once and I have never forgiven them, I swear vendetta against all of birdkind to this day. All shall perish and be consumed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It happened about five years ago so you be the loving judge.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Teleologically speaking, owls are not birds, they are cats.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That is what the 2/4 bore stop gun was invented for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYlDgwo52tI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYtxxRU_cY

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I had a beetle fly past me in spain once as a kid and it sounded exactly like someone going past on a moped.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Don't kill it you'll break the ritual secret.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

Musk is doing his very best to ruin the night sky for the entire world, until we figure out how to shoot satellites out of orbit.

I mean, that technology exists and the great thing is you only have to shoot some of them before the bits smash all the others.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Was that bad suspension or did he forget to get his face out of the way of the gun :v:?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

London especially is like 50% UXO by weight though I guess maybe the amount of digging they do there might have cleared quite a bit of it by now.

I'm a lot further north so while they blew up the train station during the war we don't get that much of it up here that I know of.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There's some very good action scenes in them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We do not enjoy bright colours and explosions, in this, the thread with explosion in the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Man I can't write that neat with a loving pen