Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Thanks For The Capital Letters They Really Add Something To The Tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

TheBigAristotle posted:

There are people who tweet that way and it seems like it would be incredibly tedious to maintain that

Yeah, but maybe Twitter Has A Setting for it? Word does although lol at typing tweets in Word first

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Subjunctive posted:

Do they call it humour where you are?

No we live in America, we fought a war to get rid of U ( :) )

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Phlegmish posted:

I'm never quite sure if we're supposed to be agreeing with Everett True

I think maybe the idea but not the execution? Those comics are fascinating I gotta read more about them

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
Here's some info

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outbursts_of_Everett_True

There's a line in there to the effect that he's intended to be expressing things we think but are afraid to say, which seems about right. Also he had a movie (!)

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Phy posted:

I think that explains Mozart for me. "Ok, ok, guys, wait, no, listen. Listen! What if. What if I created anoooother work of heartbreaking genius, y'know, ok, because it's Tuesday, right? But this time I called it 'Sit Your Dirty rear end On My Face And Smear Turds Into My Nosehair'? And then everyone had to play it! They'd look at the sheet music, and no-one would say the name, of course, but they'd all know! They'd all know that the greatest musical performance of their lives was a piece called 'Smear Turds Into My Nosehair'."

He did make a sonata, or something, titled Lick my rear end where I Fart or words to that effect though

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Phy posted:

Yeah, that was the entirety of my joke. Incredibly brilliant child prodigy, grown up and kinda bored with it, amuses himself by flinging works off the top of his head that lesser men would kill to have written, and naming them vulgarities that would have selfsame lesser men summarily shot in the street.

Well, poo poo, sorry to step on your line, here I was desperately trying to find any reason to talk about farts.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

funmanguy posted:

You are a very well disguised avshalom alt

I don't know that person (isn't that what an alt would say though??) But I am gonna assume that's a positive comment on the quality and pungent aroma of my poasts :)

Slippery has a new favorite as of 04:43 on Jan 30, 2019

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Sulla Faex posted:

the best way to uncover an avs alt is to leave a mild ariel sharon reference on the kitchen floor and turn the lights out. if you come back 10 minutes later and the floor is covered in shitposts, you've got an avs infestation

oh man that guy meant I am an alt for someone that sucks?? well just fyi I'm not 100 percent stoked about that. my posts are bad for entirely different reasons thank you

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

jobson groeth posted:

Nah, Avs is a special brand of lovely shitposting and your subtle ways of manoeuvring around to talking about farts is still your own unique version of shitposting. Sleep easy Slippery.

Why thank you, shitposting and farting are two of my talents (the other being posting about farts of course).

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Krankenstyle posted:

read market forces by the altered cabron author. its a terrible book, but gasoline is very much an exact biological analogue to testosterone in that universe

oh man I wondered if I was the only person who's read that. whatever happened to the movie allegedly being made from it

anyway did you know it used to be enough just to get there first :)

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

James Woods posted:

I'm also finding it a little flat and derivative of his earlier work. Even though he says that they're different universes it really seems like this and Black Man/Thirteen are a prequel to the Kovach series. He uses a lot of the same terms for made up technology not to mention the whole Mars thing.

exactly, I felt the same way about those books, they were like Kovacs novels with a different name, you know? Good stuff but it's almost like he set out to write a Richard Morgan-like novel.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Dienes posted:

clutched her pearls so hard they've turned into diamonds.

Um...

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Azhais posted:

Apparently the promoter does mind

I wanted to mention that I lol'ed @ this post

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Werong Bustope posted:

I'm incredibly jealous, I'd love to see a live great white.

That's what they thought in Rhode Island too :(

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's legit cool

Gotta sound really annoying though

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Azhais posted:

There's audio, so you don't have to guess about it

Huh. so there is. Thanks :)

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Solice Kirsk posted:

*circuits fire up and reel to reels spin

You shall enjoy neurofunk music. It is decided.

END OF LINE

5 points for Sark reference. I've been meaning to end phone calls that way when appropriate

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

chitoryu12 posted:

From famed pilot Dick Bong, no less!

Seriously how can anyone insult America's ace of aces that way?!

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

iOS? Download VLC. It will ask you if you want to save the movie or play it. You can just play.

Wait, VLC like, with the traffic cone? Hell I thought that was long since shut down and no longer viable. Well, today I learned :)

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Dynastocles posted:

Video of cat eating a deer alive is not badass, it's sad. Don't post poo poo like that.

If it's any consolation it wasn't alive for long

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

I don't get it, what's this one of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

gleebster posted:

I've never understood collecting autographs.

It's a real accomplishment to get the elephant to hold the pencil