Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/998607215463460865

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

iPope Touch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC2XIGMI2kM

While this video is an amazing display of flying, what makes this bad-rear end is that it is not a one-off, it's someone's job. This is essentially a test for a navy's new Helicopter (First of class flight trial) which means deliberately sailing into the worse sea/wind conditions possible (usually around the Faroe Islands) in order to find the absolute limits that the ship and helicopter can operate together. After this 'heroic landing' the pilot took off and did it a dozen more times that day.

It appears the ship has some sort of crane arm mounted to the deck. I assume that's for plucking the heli out of the ocean when things don't go well.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A SEAL taught me to swim when I was a kid. A different one took me to my first arcade.

Occasionally they’d have a big blowout party when one of them was killed in a “training accident.”

They were cool and good and never talked to me about all the killing they did. But that was back when everyone was supposed to deny the existence of SEALs so maybe they were more low key in those days.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Chris Long is awesome and was trolling. And a lot of people bit.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My favorite Sinatra anecdote is Shecky Green's joke(?) about him: “Frank Sinatra saved my life. Five guys were beating me up, and I heard Frank Sinatra say, ‘That’s enough.’”

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm all for driving an open top coupe to work, but at least give me some sweet scissor doors.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is that Pat Benatar as the cat?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

oh dope posted:

What am I missing here?

Bill Hicks is now a woman, I think.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crocubot. More croc than robot.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The fact that this plane was designed on a literal drawing board and not computers still baffles me. And I think it went from concept to prototype in 18 months or something stupid like that. I'm not sure there will ever be a cooler airplane.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I once saw an SR71 take off at dusk with afterburners on (after an air show in Norfolk) and it was one of the most awesome aviation sights I’ve seen.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I saw that too, but apparently this is an Australian mugshot, and the guy on the left isn't actually an undead mob hitman raised by a necromancer who is skilled with a tommy gun. Bummer.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sow hat exactly happened there? The placard says post-mining which confuses me even more.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kids these days just don't know about Bo. He was incredible and it's a shame his career was cut short before his legacy could be better established.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I remember one time he took the opening kickoff in a game and just ran all over the field, back and forth, missed tackle after missed tackle, until the entire quarter ran out and then he took the ball into the end zone for the touchdown.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Obligatory Terry Sawchuck hockey scars photo

Obligatory reminder that this was a makeup artists recreation of all the injuries he had experienced over his career.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Phlegmish posted:

Uhh is someone going to tell these idiots you can't actually see a black hole. Source: regular Wikipedia browser and have read several pop science astronomy books. Better luck with your next hoax, 'Astrophysical Journal Letters'.

I mean you look at how they assembled the "picture" and the missing pieces from 8 different telescopes and you're not far off.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This was in the schadenfreude thread but seems more appropriate here.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Think this is more prevented schade or something, not sure where to post it.
https://i.imgur.com/ZQbJKSy.gifv

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was a training exercise of some sort. If it's just fat dudes playing cowboy then it is automatically not bad rear end. Sorry.

edit: vvv To be clear, I was saying sorry for posting it in the first place. Not "sorry you guys are enjoying this but you shouldn't"

Flash Gordon Ramsay has a new favorite as of 18:16 on Apr 26, 2019

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s not a catch. He would have needed to make a football move before dropping it for it to count.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Doesn't the way she hits it make the cap spin in the wrong direction? I guess it was just sitting on the bottle? Or maybe I'm missing something.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hexyflexy posted:

I would not be able to control that, I like RC gliders. Lol no, I'd lawn dart that on the first turn :D

I would quickly lose sight of it and it's fate would be unknown until I read about it in the news the next day. (i speak from experience. I got my daughter a tiny drone for Christmas a few years back. On its maiden flight we lost it in the sky and it was gone. The next day a guy drives into our cul de sac, he had found it on the sidewalk ¼ mile away or so and watched the video card to figure out where it came from. It was miraculously unharmed, despite taking quite a tumble to earth.)

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hackers film 1995 posted:

how in the hell do you not know about smooth sharks in tyool 2019? poo poo was settled in the 00s

edit
i guess what is baddass is the LACK OF EDUCATION IN THIS WORLD

The problem is anyone can post anything on the internet, no matter how wrong, and then a bunch of people want in on the joke, and next thing you know, half the internet is claiming that sharks are rough. Some people believe this because they've heard others say it, and some people just think it's funny to repeat it even though they know that sharks are in fact smooth. I'm not sure which camp EmptyVessel is in.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why can't that cat just eat some tofu, perhaps a nice quinoa salad

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Field Mousepad posted:

I was wondering if she had her feet braced too but yeah that doesn't make it any less badass

I mean strength can't overcome physics there so unless she has elephantiasis feet whose weight offset that of her torso, someone's got to hold them.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

What jersey is that? This is important

New, I assume.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There’s a video out there that can be a bitch to find of the first time he performed Purple Rain. I think they even used the board recording from that for the album version. But it’s an incredible performance and that’s not even one of my favorite songs of his.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I've watched it a couple times, slowed it down, and you can clearly see the child make contact with the ground.

After further review, the pass is incomplete.

Flash Gordon Ramsay has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Jul 10, 2020

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He’s keeping people from seeing this guy by showing him to his 750,000 followers. What a dick.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Was he the first soldier to dual wield?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am happy that someone like Hideo is making such wonderfully bizarre games, and also happy that no one can ever force me to play one of said games.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also I'm still mad about being forced to play as Raiden in that MGS game.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd consider the Capitol Police in a different category than a regular patrolman. His job isn't to go around pulling over dark-skinned people for dubious reasons. His job is to protect the people at the highest levels of our government. And he did a drat fine job at that.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

Stolen from the blessed picture thread.

Zoot suit riot?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hawowanlawow posted:

yeah it's easy to understand how much the ancients and even early modern people loved astrology when they looked up and saw poo poo like that every night

maybe one day we'll have directed LED lighting and be able to see the stars like most humans in history have

I was driving through the middle of nowhere in Wyoming several years ago at 3 in the morning and for the first time in my life I saw what ancients must have seen when they looked at the sky. Truly had no idea up til that point how many stars you could see with the naked eye because I had only lived in places with lots of light and or other pollution. It was amazing.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lady Disdain posted:

I wasn't trying to imply that we were badass. I was trying to suggest that any sport can be brutal if it's being played by a group of stupid university students who share a single brain cell between them.

I bet you were the greatest show on terf

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

drat given how much taller she is than him I thought she was on one of those hoverboard things

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I got C's in my physics classes but my understanding is that is one of the foundational elements of relativity.

Yes it is. C2 specifically.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Der Kyhe posted:

It is unearthly light, lingering into the void beyond the light visible to your eye.

...And perfectly safe to watch if you do it on top of the reactor with +30m of purified and treated water between you and the source.

I saw it at my University’s reactor years ago. I’ve tried to tell people, it was a color I’ve never seen before or seen since, which doesn’t make much sense I know. But it was amazing in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lady Disdain posted:

That's my point, though. How does the normal opening-closing action of a draw pull food backwards without the jaw also pulling backwards ?

It didn’t. That’s why they’re extinct.